my 1st Ferrari and F1 problems in 1st hour....need UR HELP please! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

my 1st Ferrari and F1 problems in 1st hour....need UR HELP please!

Discussion in '360/430' started by veilstylez, Sep 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eb430

eb430 Rookie

Sep 21, 2014
    Labman...what's the total cost out the door? My 430 is a Atl Ferrari and they are diagnosing today. I am bracing for actuator replacement.
    I aslo owe Taz a thank you for referring GTE.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Slowly, but surely, we are busting most of the really high price problems with the F1 system. A 575M owner got a full set of of SS wrapped F1 lines for less than $500.

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

$2600 plus shipping. I spoke to Serkan Ozsavasci. He is the engineer there. Very nice and very knowledgable. He said the actuator will come back better that it left the factory. They test it thoroughly before sending it back as well. Let us know how you made out. This thread was kind of highjacked by me but lots of important info to share. I don't think the OP will mind. That is if he ever gives us an update again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- Serkan was doing the same job in Turkey for European owners before he moved to Florida. That is how we knew he was the real deal. Great reviews.

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Its BS that Ferrari is not covering actuators under the power warranties! Seriously.

In other news, Taz is, was and continues to be the MAN.

6. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Don't lemon laws only apply to new vehicles. My wife purchased a brand new C class 4Matic Mercedes and it had a wine from the front diff. After replacing it under warranty it still wined so Mercedes bought it back at full price.
    Most cars I see for sale have the standard sticker that either has the WARRANTY or NO WARRANTY box checked (well at least here in NC).
    Alan

7. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm so upset that I'm actually going to lawyer up on this one. My bro-in-law is an attorney and is just as pissed as me. Who knows what the outcome will be but its worth a shot and won't cost me legal fees at least.

Does everyone see the word "actuator" under F1 Gearbox as a covered part???
    They get out of it by stating oil seals and oil leaks not covered. Hmmmmmm...how else would an actuator fail?

[​IMG]

On another note, Taz if you're ever in the NY metro area I would like to buy you dinner. Or if you are happening to go to COTA in Austin for Formula 1, let me know, I will be there. It's the least I can do.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately never get to NY and I hate crowds so COTA is not high on my list. Will probably be standing in a trout stream around that time, trying to find one last trout who wants a dry fly.

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Amen!

10. eb430

eb430 Rookie

Sep 21, 2014
    Labman thx for the reply. Today has been an amazing day.. Ferrari called and told me to pick my car up.. Only had to tighten actuator screws and bleed system. Thank god!
    Thus far I've driven about 60 miles today and all is well!

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Oh why couldn't have thay been me!! Good for you though. Glad it was only that.
    My actuator is complete and will be back to Ferrari of LI tomorrow. I hope to have my car back late tomorrow or Thursday.

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- I love a happy ending, and sounds like you will have one soon.

13. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    WOW everyone thank you so much for your replies. Been out of town,....

UPDATE...f1 system needs to be bled and needs a new clutch. They say it has 10% left on the clutch and replacing the clutch would have the bleed the system anyways. So Im getting a new clutch done over with Michael at Ferrari service of costa mesa. Im really hoping I didnt just drop $$ for a new clutch and this doesnt fix it....hahaha
    But Im also glad its nothing crazy.

I will update you guys as soon as I get my car back tomorrow.

14. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    How much for the new clutch, 5K?

15. kitchenaid

kitchenaid Karting

Mar 31, 2009
    Odd that PPI nor disclosure from seller didn't surface that before the sale. If it was failing for you within the first hour of ownership then it was failing for the seller in their last hour of ownership...

16. John NY-Naples

John NY-Naples Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    New York
    I have an 05 430, and had similar problems within the first week -- car randomly shifting into N, slow down warning, E-Diff. I purchased a 3 year warranty from the independent dealer where I purchased the car, and they kept the car for over a week to figure out what was wrong. They replaced the E-Diff, and said the electrical grounding was bad. I've had the car for close to 3 years now, and the problem has not come back.

17. dadswrld

dadswrld Karting

Jan 4, 2010
    Toronto, Ont
    Full Name:
    JR
    I don't think there was a confirmation of a PPI being done, but your right about the previous owner being fully aware that the clutch was on its way out. Hopefully the car was priced to reflect that.

In either case, the buyer should have been made aware. Hopefully that's all the trouble he'll have.

18. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Yeah very interesting point...if it happened an hour after I got it, it probably happened 1 hour before....interesting.

The truth is, I didn't get PPI(so its my fault) but I wanted a PPI done and I even asked if I could but the owner said why waste your money, all the shops are going to tell you "you may need this and that and tell you of all the flaws" But he said if I wanted to I could,..Then I asked him what the % on the clutch is left and he guessed and said "I don't know 70%" So I said ok. I called Ferrari and checked for service history...most service was done and headers were done too..great!. So I test drove the car and the car had no indications of the clutch being bad or slipping....during the test drive I pushed it and drove fine..clutch felt perfect...if the clutch failed during the test drive then I wouldn't have bought it, but it was fine ..after the drive we closed the deal,

...btw this broker that brokered the deal was involved because he found the car for me and when I said I wanted to get the car PPI'ed he was like "this is to much trouble and that he was selling the car way to cheap to go through all this trouble" so I passed
    The truth is the owner of the car is a really really nice guy, he took care of a lot work on the car and not to mention a good deal and I just went with my instincts that hes a good guy and wouldn't screw me. When I returned the car to him he said this never happened to him, and it just happens that it happened when I took full ownership on my way home so that part blows. ....at this point I don't know what to make of this fully.

The owner did say he was going to help with the bill which is really nice of him to. He took care of the towing to Michaels' in Costa Mesa who seems like a good guy. He seems to know what the problem is and Im just glad he does... If this problem gets taken care of then I know I'll have a good guy to take it to for all my future needs. I'll write a report when I get it back tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks everyone!

19. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Can I ask where I can get that kind of insurance?

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Your car should still be eligible for an official Ferrari warranty

21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #46 Labman, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    Got my car back today with the rebuilt actuator from GTE. All is well. Serkan the engineer who rebuilt it couldn't be more helpful. He shipped it overnight as promised for no additional charge. He even texted me that he did a 4P update so now it shifts 60ms faster!! Again I can't thank Taz enough for this referral and just goes to show you how valuable this forum is. I feel bad for the Ferrari owners out there not on fchat who would have dished out $15k for a dealer recommended entire F1 kit.

22. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
    Can we get more details on this 4P update and faster shift times, that'll be almost Scuderia speed with 60ms reduction in shift time.

John.

23. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I can't help you with this. Beyond my scope of knowledge :)

24. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    What's his email?

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve