Rolls Spur - Value Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rolls Spur - Value Thread

Discussion in 'British' started by Taurean Bull, Sep 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
  2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    very similar, yes.

one of us should probably seek therapy.

:eek:

3. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    You may be able to get a group rate if you go together. ;)

4. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    That is great to know.. as I have not kept up with these milestones. I need to dust off my Shadow and get it out more than I do now.

5. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Paid 11,600 us for a 15k mile 85 spur last year. Needed some mechanical work but super cosmetics per the mileage. My first RR and pretty fun to own.

6. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Probably.

:cool:

7. Richelieu Ferrari

BANNED

Apr 3, 2009
    I must say, the value of the Rolls Royce/Bentley cars from the 1981 through 1999 body style era have really dropped for the most part. The pre 80 model Shadows did the same thing about 15 to 20 years ago and now they are just starting to make a come back. The same thing should happen to the 81 and up Silver Spirit/Spur models in due time. If you take your time and shop around, you can find a great buy on one of there cars. Stay away from used car dealer lots. They will over price the car thinking someone will come in just because they want to buy a Rolls Royce without knowing what the market value really is. Find one from a private seller. This generation Rolls Royce/Bentley is one of the best kept secrets in a luxury car buy today. The body style is still somewhat current looking and the car will have just about every modern luxury feature you could ask for. Plus, this body style in my opinion is the most beautiful looking sedan Rolls Royce ever built. I have owned a number of these cars over time and right now, I still have several of them. They turn more heads than just about any other car I own or have owned. Everyone speeds up to see "Who" is in the car. When you drive one, you just smile and feel like the King. The car just makes you feel great whenever you get behind the wheel. As for prices, I once bought an 82 Silver Spur in very good condition for only $2750! I only needed a steering rack and a good wash and wax. The best deal ever on a Rolls Royce. I was lucky to just be there at the right time. I do not expect to find another one that cheap, however, you never know. It never gave me any problems and I still have it today. I bought an 88 Bentley Turbo R in very good condition for only $6000 and an 86 Silver Spirit for $14000, however, the car was less than 10 years old at the time! That was the most I even paid for one of these cars. You can find early to late 90's models in nice condition for $15000 or less if you really shop around. My friend bought a 98 Silver Spur in showroom condition for only $18000 last year. It has higher miles, around 120k but the car looks and runs like new. How can you say no with prices like that? Buy them now and put them away before it's too late.

8. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I'm looking at a 1981 Spur LWB with 21k miles. Very nice inside and out, mohair seats (not everybody loves 'em). Magnolia respray but it looks very good. No cracks on the Everflex so I assume that's been replaced, too. Haven't seen all of the service records but have been told they exist. Serviced locally by a guy who I know to be careful and who works on a lot of British cars. Was typically smooth, comfortable and quiet on test drive, no mystery rattling sounds. Window lifts, radio (incl retracting antenna), etc. all work. Did not test HVAC but the AC was charged a few years ago by the local shop. Tires look to have even wear but lots of tread left. So:

1. Ask is $20k - sound right for a car like this?
    2. What's likely to go wrong in the first 5 years, and what's it likely to cost?
    3. What else should I know about a car like this?
    4. Should I just forget about it and pick up a late model Turbo R instead?

9. PollosHermanos

PollosHermanos Karting

Sep 25, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    For the price Ron you could get a nice Turbo R.