The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 41 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Nice Chem-trails

2. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Decided to join the Dreams and drivers event going on at Niello on Sunday mooring.. Then might head up the hill for some fun. Do you need more exotics for the auto show? Mine was featured last year at the SD auto show (Where I was living) in the Exotics Salon

3. cfe142

cfe142 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2011
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Your profile shows that you own a 97. I saw a red 355 labeled as a 95, at the ********** booth. Was that your car? It looked great!

I have not been to the show in a few years, but I always remember that it used to be held over Veteran's Day weekend, it always rained, and we always got rain soaked running between the exhibits.

4. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    KODE3F1 - Let me know how the D&D cruise goes! I haven't been to one of their meets in a few months, and have been meaning to get to them more often... This year has been very cruel to me, both with the car being in the shop for so long in the early part, and with family business taking up this entire month so far. I just haven't been able to spend time behind the wheel amongst my fellow drivers enough.

Cfe142 - Yes, that's my car in Building 5, along the left wall as you enter it. They never asked me what year my car was, so they guessed it was a 95, but it is indeed a 97. While I always get excited about seeing and driving my car, and I didn't think I ever took the privilege of ownership for granted, I have to say that the four hours I spent at the show today, helping the ES people man the displays and talking to the people who came by about all the cars, really opened my eyes again. I think I forgot how special our cars are to the general public, how infrequently they see them, and how much they're desired and admired. It definitely reignited my pride in it, and I can't wait to take the wife for a drive next weekend with it. Were you there this morning/early afternoon? I was there from 10am to 2pm. Would have liked to talk to you, if you were!

Orrie

5. cfe142

cfe142 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2011
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I was there Friday morning (oh, the joys of retirement). I looked up your car info, in case you were there.

Disclaimer: I would like to take this opportunity to inform any sicko 355 fans that the engine was not visible, and there was no way to determine if this car was indeed a '95 model.

The lines for test drives were short, but I was not compelled to drive anything. The EuSu exhibit was pretty quiet. There were just two dudes at the table, when I went through.

CNC had half a dozen cars up here. That is a pretty serious commitment!

Not much on the exotic front.

I sat in the '15 Vette. It's a beauty, it almost looks like an F car. The dash was a bit on the plastic side. For the money... I don't understand why they got rid of the round tail lights, yet they have four enormous, round, bugle exhaust tips. With all of the angular lines on the car, the exhaust shape should mimic the tail light, or the rear of the car, or have some kind of four sided angular shape. Since they offer a factory performance exhaust, I think its looks should compliment the cars design.

That is just my $12.00 worth (plus $10.00 parking).

I'm sorry I missed you,

Greg

6. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    The slots in the rear bumper are different....

(Some sicko had to say it) :)

7. cfe142

cfe142 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2011
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Well played, sir!

8. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anyone want to go out for a run this weekend? Her engine LOVES the cold weather....

9. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Absolutely! Let's go out this weekend! We can end at the winery again, and I'd be happy to put together a route for us all! I've gotten to know some of the local Lotus guys (again!), and I'll be inviting them to join us. They're all very fun to drive with!

Let's meet at the usual spot - Peet's on White Rock and Latrobe, at 7:30 with an 8am SHARP departure! We'll have lunch around 11:30 in the Plymouth area, and you'll have the whole afternoon after that to yourselves, to enjoy as you wish!

See you then!

SACRED Drive, November 8, 2014
    ------------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy +1

10. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Count me in!

1. SillyPuppy +1
    2. ///Mink

11. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    1. SillyPuppy +1
    2. ///Mink
    3. Sac911Turbo

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Okay, now we're talkin'! :) How about you, Jay, Dave, Nathan...?

1. SillyPuppy +1
    2. ///Mink
    3. Sac911Turbo
    4. John +1 (LotusTalk)

13. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Okay, now we're talkin'! How about you, Jay, Dave, Nathan...?

1. SillyPuppy +1
    2. ///Mink
    3. Sac911Turbo
    4. John +1 (LotusTalk)
    5. JRQ

14. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Jay has too much work Saturday. Good news\bad news problem.

15. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Looking forward to tomorrow... will be a blast

16. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    We'll miss ya, Jay! Gonna be gorgeous fall day out tomorrow - anyone else coming to check out the foliage at speed? :D

Orrie

17. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Wonderful day for a drive! Perfect roads, perfect weather.

18. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It was my request for a drive, and I forgot about it!! Work has been crazy for me, and my long term girlfriend and I just separated, so needless to say my head is elsewhere. My apologies

I hope you enjoyed yourself and I Look forward to meeting everyone on the next one.

19. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    You missed a good one! Glad you suggested it! ;)

20. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    We've been invited to join the Golden Gate Lotus Club at the MMA annual toy drive! Information on the event can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/300531310092047/

Anyone else feel like meeting our two-wheeled brethren and dropping off a toy or two? Corrie and I shall be there.

21. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anyone wanna hit the pavement this weekend if it stops raining?
    Lookking at Sat 12/20 or Sun 12/21.

I promise ill show up this time..lol

22. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I might be able to get out Saturday morning - this time of year's very hard to get a group together!

Orrie

23. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Feeler for a drive this Sunday. We can start at Luxury Motorcars, coffees on me.

24. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Im up for it! Heading to SF in the morning for C&C at Embarcadero but will be back tomorrow night.

Ryan - (916) 494-8871

25. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Well due to lack of interest, we can do it a different time. I am serious about hosting a start point for a future drive however, Orrie keep me in mind.