612 Owner - Rosco from Melbourne | FerrariChat

612 Owner - Rosco from Melbourne

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by r0sco, Oct 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. r0sco

r0sco Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #1 r0sco, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Have owned my 2006 612 for 4 years now. Very impolite not to have introduced myself before now, have just been an occasional lurker.

I don't drive it much and keep thinking I should sell it, but then I get behind the wheel..... It's a gorgeous car. I very much enjoy the variety of topics and the passion of owners on this site.
    Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Welcome, Rosco!

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My brother-in-law lives in your town. It is nice as I have been there. Kept the beast. It is fun.

:)
    12 cylinders or walk

4. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Sweet ride!

Is that a US flag sticker or are you down under?

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Beautiful car, Rosco. And welcome. I put about 5k on a '05 612 over the last couple years, wonderful car. Just fantastic. Now that you're dipping your toe in the water, getting to know the community, can I suggest if you haven't already finding your local cars and coffee, check your local FCA chapter for events, google up some car shows and share that special lady with your fellow owners and enthusiasts. Therein lies a great deal of my enjoyment anyway, the shows, letting kids sit in them, spirited drives, and just my regular weekend cup of java with the guys watching to see what rolls in next. That car likes to be driven. Drive her :) Welcome, again. And congrats on a beautiful 612.

6. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Welcome.

Keep it, use it and enjoy ;)

7. r0sco

r0sco Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Thank you all, from Down Under. FCars are horrendously expensive here - I think mine retailed for well over $US500k when new, but they depreciate quickly. Good for the buyer, not so great for the seller. It seems that the rate of depreciation slows a lot after about 4 years.

8. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    The same actually here. I bought my 599 used. The first owner put 30,000 km in 5 years on it and each driven km was 5.70 Euro for him. Each single one. Depreciation only.

I am confident that during my ownership this will change due to i) me putting more km on it and ii) the car not depreciating all to much any more. Prognosis is rather around 0.50 Euro depreciation per km, with tendency to even lower values ... ;).

9. r0sco

r0sco Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Thanks BJ. Mine had 17500km when I bought it, after 4 years. It cost the owner about $A25/km or 18 euro!! Depreciation only.
    I'm guessing that it has "only" cost me about 5 euro/km in my four years with it. I'd rather not think about it too much!! I need to drive it more.

10. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Yepp, simple calculation, doubled kms > double joy and half depreciation per km, that is what I call "win win" *loooool*.

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nice car man , welcome .

12. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Welcome! Post more pics when you get the chance, looks sharp! Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for Tan interior.