Enuff Z'nuff...:) | FerrariChat

Enuff Z'nuff...:)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, May 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 FerrariFrank1, May 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Was looking through my CD's for something to listen to in the Car and came across this one from about 1994 from Local Band "Enuff Z'nuff". And,just thought you all would get a kick out of it. They have been around since about the mid 1980's and have many Albums out. And if you've never seen or heard them,you should. Kind of like "Cheap Trick" on Steroids....with,perhaps a "hint" of Beatles...Good Stuff...:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kewl.

Of course my fav would be "Riding on LSD".
    :)

3. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I remember those guys...they actually used to get some Mtv airplay back in the day. They were all local guys that still play out and about these parts.

4. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    I think they opened for Def Leppard when I saw them years back and if I recall (LOL) they jammed, but somehow I dont think they will open for them this year when they play in Shaumburg. Chelle and I saw D.L. last year, they still put on a great show, not to mention we got some guitar pics from the lead singer, oh, and the incident with Michelle and the newer guitarist holding eyes and flirting, what a fun night that was! :)

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Hmmmm.......let's elaborate more on the 'incident' with Chelle.

This is getting interesting! :)

6. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I saw Enuff Z'nuff at the International Pop Overthrow festival last year, and they were great. If you like that kind of Cheap Trick-school pop/rock, they put on a great show.

I once owned a guitar (a red Rickenbacker 360) that (according to the salesman) had belonged to their old singer, during their glory days.

7. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

I believe that you are thinking of Lake Shore Drive by Mitch Aliotta, Skip Haynes and John Jeremiah.

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    um, it was an accident... i didn't mean for it to happen.. :)
    but they were really nice an made sure we got something to take home
    Chelle

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

Now Chelle,
    What did you do, come on you can tell us, nobody else will know. :D

10. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I liked Enuff Z'Enuff when they were known as Spinal Tap.

11. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    Rocked out to *fly high Michelle* on Saturday nite actually..

ROCK ON!! \m/

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,we used to play some local bars. They also played locally,but then went out to California. They did get some good Airplay and MTV Vid's. We just saw George Lynch and Michael Schenker Group at the House of Blues last year,and Enuff Z'Nuff played,also. They still sound great.

BTW....Whitesnake is coming to H.O.B. That is a Must see....:)

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Aren't those the guys who got a bit exuberant with their fireworks on the East coast?

14. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I think that was "Great White", no?

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you're right. I only remembered heavy metal and white.

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    All right, this is kind of weird. We went to catch a night of the IPO (International Pop Overthrow) at a bar last week, and all five bands were pretty damn good. We were excited to go and see some more, so we checked out the website for the schedule. Now, most of these bands are newish, so when I saw Enuff listed, I was a little stunned. I couldn't believe these guys were still around, let all involved in the IPO! There is this couple at work who, back around '89, decided to financially back a band. They were friends with the guys in ENuff and were trying to decide between them, another band that made it fairly big, like Poison or something, and this horrible band called Asphalt Ballet. Well, guess which one they picked! I guess this was strange for me since it was such a blast out of the past.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    So is that couple being referred to on the album by "the Bank says yes"?
    :)

18. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Were you in a band, Frank?

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,that is "Great White".

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,a few. No Famous ones,though. I started playing Guitar when I was 10,(1970),and one of my Brothers was an extremely good Drummer. But,we never went out to L.A. back in the 'Hair Metal Days' to try to "Make it"..... Just played all around here,playing for,(using the expression from back then) "Chicks and Beer"......:) But,I met alot of (Real) Rock Stars through that,and we had lots of Fun....:)

But,with the Arthritis that I have,cannot play like I used to....But,I actually still pick up a Guitar almost every day,just for Fun. My son has a "Mini",(3/4 size) Black & White Stratocaster and teeny little Amp. I am trying to teach him. (He's 7)

21. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Hey Frank,

If you're a guitar player, you may enjoy some of my music. It's all instrumental, a la Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Al Di Meola, etc. You can hear a bunch of it at my music website:

www.theguitardude.com

Yes, you guys may know me as the mild mannered guy at the FCA events with the pony tail, but I do let my hair down to rock!

Enjoy!

22. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Here we are almost 10 years after the original post and the last response to it, which happened to be mine. BTW, the link I gave in the previous post is no longer active or mine... This link came up in a Google search, so I came on with an interesting full circle story. I met Chip Z'Nuff in 2012, did a 3D music video for his solo project in 2013 for a song called "Rock Star", and played a guitar solo on that song (at least in the video version of it), and just recently wrote a song with Ike Willis (from the Frank Zappa Band) singing and playing a guitar solo on it, and I asked Chip to play bass on it. He did a helluva job laying down a funky groove. The song is called "Air Traffic Control" and will be available on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, etc., soon.

23. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow throw back. I hadn't heard of Enuff Z'nuff until several years ago when I was about 21-22 and doing IT repairs for individuals. Got a call from a guy named Chip Z'nuff to fix his PC. Ended up hangin out with him for a few hours listening to several stories. A girl named Mary Jane may or may not have been involved as well..