Any 'Zappa' fans? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any 'Zappa' fans?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Apr 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Just got back from seeing Dweezil & Co. Amazing show!!

Band was tight, musicians were exceptionally talented (you would have to be to be able to play Zappa properly), Vai was flawless (3rd time I see him), Bozzio was good...but a little too in love with himself.

The show was quite long (over 3 hours). A must for any Zappa fan!!!

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh yeah! It definitely was a fantastic, very talentful show. ( I certainly do agree with you about Bozzio...But he is good....) I've seen Stevie Vai solo band twice, (both times really up close at the Chicago House of Blues) And twice when he was with Whitesnake. What a Guitar God!!!!

Dweezil can play, too! That whole band is very tight.

3. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    This thread came up on Google in another search, so I have to tell another full circle story. Back in '09 and 2010 I ended up working with Gail Zappa (Frank's wife) and Joe Travers (former Zappa vaultmeister and drummer for Zappa Plays Zappa). Worked on film scanning/restoration of 16mm film for the famous Roxy show. Helped Gail get her video masters back from a former distributor that she was at odds with. Was at the house in Laurel Canyon and toured the vault with all of the original master recordings. Was incredible. Recently wrote and recorded a song with Ike Willis (singer and guitarist with Frank's band - known as "Joe" from the album Joe's Garage). The song is called "Air Traffic Control" and makes reference to the famous "White Zone" that was referred to numerous times on the Joe's Garage album. Carrying the torch...

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1tj8-YJO6Y]Frank Zappa on the Steve Allen Show Playing Bicycle - YouTube[/ame]