308 GTB Vetroresina | Page 55 | FerrariChat

308 GTB Vetroresina

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    If true, congratulations to the new owner , and the gallery !

2. 87testa

87testa Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    It doesn't surprise me that it went for that amount. What other Ferrari's that are collectible can be found in that price range? Most collectible Ferrari's are now well north of 200k U.S.

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

And to anyone that currently ownes a Vetroresina!

4. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I'll drink to that !

5. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#1356 4right, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It is the second sale of that car (by Artcurial) in 24 months; it has been quite extensively modified, and isn't "stock" anymore.

Rgds

8. VEEP

VEEP Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Overasselt
    I rather have that modded black driver one for 80-90K than a (very) low milage original garage queen for double that amount..

9. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    #1359 stradman, Oct 28, 2014
    Ok guys,
    I finally took delivery of my Vetro the other day. I bought it about 9 months ago and when I received it, it then went to Bob Houghton's in Gloucester to do a "few" things to it that I wanted doing to bring the car up to scratch. The car had been restored many years ago by Kari Makela of Makela tuning who is well known for creating the best Michelotto conversions(in fact it was his car and I bought it from him). It's now in fine fettle although I'm gonna drive it a bit now just to make sure there are no other things that I need to do to it.
    As you can see the car is completely stock in terms of its spec and it has recently been Classisched. The only thing I'm thinking about possibly doing is putting on some 7.5" wheels(although not sure) I have recently purchased a set of 5, 14 x 7.5" and had them crack tested/powder coated and now they are just getting a 2 pack paint finish on them to bring them up to perfect condition. Just not sure if I need to put them on really..
    Oh I also need to replace my horn button. I have the original one but need to change the connection plug to accomodate the original button- for some reason it was messed with but will sort out easily. Happy to hear of any comments from people as I am "rediscovering" the car! In fact only managed to drive it one mile before it went into the shop for its various bits so didn't manage to have any fun with it beforehand. I need to make up for this!.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    That looks mint.
    The weather over the next few days is supposed to be very good - so no excuse to leave it in the garage.

11. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I drove mine yesterday.....in the rain the through the mud...it's a mess.

Anyone want to clean it for me?

It still looks sexy though

12. Enzo Anselmo Ferrari

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    France
    Beautiful! Congrats! :)

13. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sweet! Looks very well cared for over the years. I agree on the wheels though and will be one of the first things that I do once I receive mine. Lastly, are you concerned that the distributor shield is missing? This may present an issue if you get caught out in the rain.

Beautiful Vetroresina!

14. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Well as I've said I'm not sure whether 1" wider wheels will make that much difference as the tyres will be the same. I do have the wheels, just need to decide if it's worth putting 7.5's on here considering the car was not ordered with these, albeit I appreciate they are period correct.

Does anybody have a picture of the distributor shield so that I can see what it looks like?

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats, enjoy it in good long health !

Since it's going in, make sure you swap out the 4 nuts on your air box. The correct ones are crowned big nuts that don't come undone. Never seen those before that are on your car and could come loose and go into the belt housing right there while driving.

Great color , and the red carpets add a nice touch !

Again, congrats !

16. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Thanks.
    If you look closely however they are the correct crowned nuts on the airbox. I might need a washer under them.

17. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    From my experience, it makes a huge difference, since the additional 1 inch width seems to go completely to the outside. I used the 6.5's for a dozen years, for originality reasons mainly. But especially on the rear axle it always looked a bit strange.

The 7.5's, using the identical XWX's, fill the rear wheel arches much better now. And with the balloon type tyres, it still looks old-fashioned enough, imho.

Robert

18. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#1369 4right, Oct 29, 2014
    Here is a picture of the shield.

19. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#1370 4right, Oct 29, 2014
    Here is a not so good picture of where the shield goes. Also notice the shield built into the deck lid directly above the distrbutor.

20. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Cool, thanks!
    Now I got to find out where to find one from!! Do they still make it??
    As it seem that that the shield screws onto the deck lid, I have to assume that there are a couple of drilled holes there then? I'll have to check that on my car....

21. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Great looking car. What is the # ? :)

22. stacy

stacy Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    halifax

The earliest cars didnt have that shield. If you dont see mounting studs for it then you may not have had one. Mine didnt.

Stacy

23. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Chassis 20303. The assembly sequence number is 120.

24. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Thanks. Checked. No studs/holes for mounting. I have to assume therefore that I didn't have one. Phew.. That saves me trying to find one!!