USGP not showing live on TV Sunday? | FerrariChat

USGP not showing live on TV Sunday?

Discussion in 'F1' started by HWJunkie, Oct 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I have AT&T U-Verse, I have it set to automatically record all practice, qualifying and races on both NBCSN and regular NBC, and it always records it. Last week I double checked to make sure it was all set, and all I saw was practice and qualifying, so today I check again and it shows that it will record on Monday so I went to NBC and scrolled thru the guide until I got to the time of the race on Sunday and at 10:00am PST they are showing Qualifying (again) unitl 12:30PM PST, then Rugby.....and on NBCSN it's set to record F1 Countdown at 11:00am PST, then some other shows, but no USGP....

Just to see if it perhaps was on another channel, I scolled up the channels at 12:00PM PST on Sunday and I found on KFTR, Formula Uno Automovilismo "Grand Premio Estados Unidos" From Circuito de Las Americas en Austin, Texas...... How can the normal broadcast not be showing??? Do I have to watch it in Spanish?

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    My provider (Brighthouse) is showing it live on NBC Sunday 3PM ET. Not NBCSN, but rather regular public broadcast NBC. Antenna should get it.

3. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Maybe the Rugby that is on my guide at the time of the race will be replaced by the race?

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Maybe it's different for you, but I too am in CA and my listings actually show pretty "extensive" coverage for NBC;

These times are Eastern of course, and as usual (?) they're only showing FP2, qualy & the race, but they all look live to me, including a 1 hour pre race show on NBCSN before they switch the race to the big boy channel.....

I don't know (I'll stick with Sky ;)), but don't Hobbs & Matchett etc actually get to go to this one too?

Pretty sure it's out there somewhere without having to learn Spanish! Please let us know if you find it!

Cheers,
    Ian

5. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    #5 Fast_ian, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    My guide still shows NBC showing Rugby at race times, but my guess is that it will change to the Race in that space on the guide at any moment... I hope anyway.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have U-Verse and it shows the pre-show at 1:30pm and race at 2pm. So it's there for me.

Just make sure it's regular NBC.

8. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Must be something with the west coast U-Verse guide, does anyone have U-Verse on the west coast that can check it?

9. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Between NBC and NBC Sports Network, they are showing all three practices as follows, plus a bunch of other F1 related stuff at this link:
    http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/27/nbc-nbcsn-set-for-mega-u-s-grand-prix-weekend-of-coverage-from-austin/

Date Coverage Network Time (ET)

Thurs., October 30
    Off The Grid (Encore) NBCSN 7 p.m.
    “1” – F1 Documentary NBCSN 7:30 p.m.
    Road To Mercedes (Premiere) NBCSN 10 p.m.
    Road to Ferrari (Encore) NBCSN 11 p.m.

Fri., October 31
    DRIVE on NBCSN (Encore) NBCSN 12 a.m.
    DRIVE on NBCSN (Encore) NBCSN 12:30 a.m.
    Road To Mercedes (Encore) NBCSN 1 a.m.
    Off The Grid (Encore) NBCSN 12 p.m.
    F1 United States Grand Prix – Practice 1 NBCSN 12:30 p.m.
    Road To Mercedes (Encore) NBCSN 2 p.m.
    F1 United States Grand Prix – Practice 2 NBCSN 3 p.m.
    F1 Countdown NBCSN 4:30 p.m.
    F1 United States Grand Prix – Practice 2 (Encore) NBCSN 10:30 p.m.

Sat., November 1
    F1 United States Grand Prix – Practice 3 & Qualifying NBC 1 p.m.

Sun., November 2
    F1 United States Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore) NBCSN 12:30 a.m.
    F1 Countdown NBCSN 2 p.m.
    F1 Countdown NBC 2:30 p.m.
    F1 United States Grand Prix NBC 3 p.m.
    F1 Extra NBC 5 p.m.

10. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #10 Crawler, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    I have U-Verse also, I wouldn't trust long-term automatic recording given the F1 shell game that NBC plays with its different channels. On mine, NBCHD is channel 1002. Qualifying is on NBC Sat. from 1:00 to 3:30; race (as mentioned above) Sun. at 3:00. I'm on the east coast, so Saturday is EDT and Sunday is EST. Don't forget to set your clocks back on Saturday night or first thing Sunday!

11. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Double check your series recording and make sure it's not set to one specific channel. Change it to any channel, any time.
    There's a setting in there that's "this channel only"

12. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    If it's on NBC then as long as I record what's on NBC at that time, the race has to be on. It must just be my guide that's screwed up

13. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Well, I thought the guide would change by now, it hasn't. I looked on the AT&T website to check what it said was on on their website. At first it showed that the race was on at 12:00 PST on NBC, ok, now we're talking, so I log into my account so I can click record on their website and once I logged in, it now shows the same thing as my guide,
    F1 Qualifying 10:00-12:30 (PST)
    Rugby 12:30-3:00 (PST)

Does anyone have or know someone that has U-Verse in the LA area that can check their guide and tell me what they have on it?

Thanks!