I would like to participate in a European car event | FerrariChat

I would like to participate in a European car event

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nikki Sixx, Nov 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nikki Sixx

Nikki Sixx Karting
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2014
    What is involved?
    1. Do I need to arrange a temp euro licence plate?
    2. Is my laser / detector / jammer / scrambler ok to leave in the car?
    3. Are there any VAT deposits that would need to be fronted?
    4. Any issues with bringing the car back?
    5. Is my radar section equipment so much more advanced than what the cops are equipped with over there?

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I know you can use US plates but get an Intl drivers license & Id remove the radar scrambler , jammer etc

Shouldn't have problem bringing back if it's a US car w DOT/EPA all set

3. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    In some countries you might be left standing at the roadside without your car, if the cops discover your radar/laser equipment. And also take care that your navigation system does not have a warning function for stationary radars. At least in Germany this would be considered as if you had an illegal radar detector.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The French will also confiscate a car if they see anything resembling radar detectors

Unlike some US states (I believe) you will need proper insurance - usually third party minimum

Lots of folk do it either single events or short tours so it can't be too out of the ordinary

There may be a need for a carnet / temporary importation bond but your forwarder should clarify

Generally the maximum stay without reregistration being required and tax being payable is six months

5. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    use a freght forwarder to get car over and back. they can hadle a lot of the details

6. Nikki Sixx

Nikki Sixx Karting
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2014
    Understood. I want to bring the 355. I will Remove the detection equip. There are some nice events and I would like to experience them in the Italian Stalion.