Video Maker Needs Ferrari | FerrariChat

Video Maker Needs Ferrari

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Tomd1825, Nov 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomd1825

Tomd1825 Rookie

Nov 6, 2014
    Phx AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I am a amateur film maker looking for a nice person who would let me video their car for the start of my Documentary. I live in Phoenix AZ, would only take up about 60 minutes of your time.

I hope there is someone who may be able to help me.

Thanks

2. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    when are you wanting to do this?? care what year car? where are you going to film? might be able to help

3. Tomd1825

Tomd1825 Rookie

Nov 6, 2014
    Phx AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the reply..I do not care what year the car is and I am looking to do this ASAP what ever time would suit you best, weekends can be kind of hard for me to do.

4. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Beware of scams to steal exotic cars.
    Invite on forum, meet and grab

5. Tomd1825

Tomd1825 Rookie

Nov 6, 2014
    Phx AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good advice... but what are you suggestion????

6. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    No one here knows who you are and what your intentions may be with the car. As you stated you are an amateur especially when it comes to Ferrari's. You could drop the camera on the car scratching or denting it, you could allow models to sit or put their feet on the car damaging it, do you plan on having the car move and driven by who, how secure is your location and is it permitted, do you have insurance...just a few of the questions that you must answer. No one is going to take a chance of anything happening to their Ferrari.
    Basically you have no credibility with the Ferrari community here.
    Perhaps you could explain what your concept of the shoot is and even storyboard it for the benefit of all.

7. Tomd1825

Tomd1825 Rookie

Nov 6, 2014
    Phx AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I take on board what your saying, and I completely understand..first off the camera will be no where near the car, so if it was to drop it would hit the side walk...no models will be used in this shoot..so no putting their feet up any where... the car will be driven by the owner and it would be on a quiet suburban street or out side their front door..no permitt required there. I hope I have answered most of your concerns.

Thanks

8. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    You need to do more research as far as permitting on a pubic street and a certificate of insurance covering not only you but the city in which you are filming. It can get very complicated and not as easy as stealing a location. There are so many things to consider I would advise you to call the Arizona Film Commission.
    Sorry, but there are too many 18year old kids just shooting away out there without a clue of what they are doing and what you don't need is an accident and the responsibility, liability that goes with it. Now if you shoot on private property there is a whole new set of circumstances and responsibilities that arise and you should research this as well. Just because you may have friends that say " Aw, it's OK, I've done it a million times and never had a problem or got caught" ...just tell that in a court of law or the police. If you are shooing a documentary or even footage for your reel it is considered a commercial project, it's not like taking little Johnny's picture with his new bike on the street or your sisters wedding. There is a fine line between amateur and professional.
    Good luck to you.

9. Tomd1825

Tomd1825 Rookie

Nov 6, 2014
    Phx AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for your advice, but this is not a commercial project, nor is it for a show reel.. its 100% private, therefore no permitt would be needed to shoot a 30 shot of a car driving down a street. It would be the same as some one standing at a street corner video taping the traffice driving by. But I will take your suggestions on board, thanks again

10. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Damn I am not taking any more pictures of my car, I may have to sue myself if I do.

11. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    There are a lot of scams where people "just want to take a video of your car"

Owner shows up, gets mugged, Ferrari is gone.

12. BruceL

BruceL Rookie

Oct 13, 2014
    Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    Bruce Little
    I agree.......If you need a Ferrair or any Exotic, Go to the dealer!
    Too much Liability!!!

13. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I'm so glad I just opened this thread to read. I needed a good laugh...