Higher mileage Scud worth a look? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Higher mileage Scud worth a look?

Discussion in '360/430' started by BGA23, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    I used to do the same thing, then I just figured my lack of driving and pampering only amounted to me "saving it for the next guy (owner)."
    I have done a 180, and now I drive all my cars for enjoyment and experience, and wash/wax, pamper much less. I don't mind others who are "saving their cars for the next guy", because I might just be that "next guy" :)

2. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    I know we see it differently in Europe and USA, but how can 18K mile possibly be considered high mileage. Most engines don't even perform at their best before that. I do agree with no service history being a problem though...

3. 93ls1rx7

93ls1rx7 Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    I don't think anyone other than the OP has said the car is high mileage...holy cow, the horse is dead let's quit beating it.

The other issues like the abnormal wear on the interior, no service records and fact it looks like it might have been a rental are the real concerns with this car. It is priced like a car with issues too.

4. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo

Agree that is not high miles

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    The answer is yes and that is not high miles.

6. chinaman247

chinaman247 Rookie

Apr 11, 2013
    I was thinking about this scud when it first hit the market but I was told the clutch wear only had 48% left...the number sort of scared me away.

7. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    48% with those miles.... That's good

8. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li
    the problem with these exotics cars is not the engine/drivetrain, they are solid and not much more difficult to maintain than regular cars. they are built with high standards.

it's the smaller things that break and wear easily, it gets annoying. sub par paint job, weak bushings, foggy headlights, fading CF....etc. they are like kit cars.

Porsche on the other hand, is more reliable and needs less attention, since they are built on the same production line as regular cars.

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've heard the ol' "saving your girlfriend for the next guy" analogy many times. Problem is, it's a fallacy. Bottom line, there is no financial penalty to you by "driving" your girlfriend more often. There is one to driving your Ferrari more often, however. If you're okay with paying that penalty, great. I'm okay with it more than some but less than others. It bothers me to think that putting lots more miles on my scud will mean that it's worth less than others out there. What's funny is the feeling bothers me more than the actual dollars I'd lose if/when I sold the car. Maybe I should see a psychiatrist. :p

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    agreed i think most people say their f1 clutches wear by 20k miles, which is retarded but that's another conversation.

11. BGA23

BGA23 Rookie

Dec 2, 2012
    Scottsdale
    Yes, I would think I'd add ~3K/year. I don't see a point in buying a very nice car and not driving it. Yes, they're beautiful and great to look at, but they're even better to drive.

Funny thing is you were first one to say 18K is high miles. I said it had HIGHER miles and compared to other Scuds this is true.

12. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #38 ShineKen, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2008 FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA
    VIN: ZFFKW64A480161154

This car is back in the market. Autocheck shows some fishy odometer rollback. Mistake? Occurs often? eurocar still does not provide service records. Possible rental car?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #39 ShineKen, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ