Regular Meetup in Inland Empire (Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, etc) | FerrariChat

Regular Meetup in Inland Empire (Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, etc)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Drestless, Dec 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Hello fellow Rarist,

Are there any regular (weekly, bimonthly or monthly) Ferrari or similar meets in Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga or surrounding areas?

I've been searching from different forums and didn't find any. Thanks guys!

2. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Do a search here, there are many threads and a small group of us helped organize a meeting throughout the last few years in the area...its just been held up lately the last few months due to everyones schedule and also the holidays..

3. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I did search in this site but my searching skills may not be at par with others.

I saw several regular meets in OC and elsewhere but didn't see a consistent / regular meets in the Inland Empire area. Was there any regular meet here that was held up for the holidays only? Thanks guys!

4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Google: "Cars and Cappuccino Riverside California" or "carsandcappuccino.org"

5. 575 Maranello

575 Maranello Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    Cars and cappuccino seems to be a hit and miss affair. I went about a month ago 4 people were there. Went again 2 weeks ago and no one was there. I also wish there was a regular event in the IE

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #7 TTR, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    ^ Perhaps this examplifies what makes casual and impromptu gatherings. Some times some people show up and some times they don't...
    Also, since I'm not a "regular" attendee of events like this I don't know for sure, but I think I've heard "they" (Riverside Cars & Cappuccino) have some kind of collective way to communicate (facebook, twiter or something ...?) whether or not someone's going to be there on given Saturday.

On the other hand, if one is keen to participate more consistently/regularily scheduled gathering, one just might have to take a responsibility and put some effort into organizing side of it...

7. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I'll check it out this weekend. I'm anticipating some Inland Empire folks will start showing up here soon while Irvine Cars and Coffee is looking for a new location. Thanks

8. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    #9 Drestless, Dec 17, 2014
  9. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    My plan is to go to a meet (meet and convoy preferred) at least once month.

I actually have a small roster of cars that drives with me whenever I feel like driving through the back roads by Lake Mathews to Starbucks at Dos Lagos.

It's a mix of Porsche, Mercedes, Corvette and Ferrari. I can continue and making this officially posted; however, I feel pressured having the idea of me organizing this small convoy I started to bigger meet. :-/ It's fun though on. Sunday morning.

10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #11 TTR, Dec 17, 2014
    That's the spirit.

I personally find driving my vintage cars more interesting than parking lot gatherings and prefer finding extended and previously un-explored (by me) routes on two-lane back roads and highways. I find freeways to be most annoying/boring of all driving environments.
    Only reasons for the few times I attended Chrystal Cove or Irvine C & C over the years was the "excuse" they provided for great 1/2 or full day driving experience through Ortega Hwy or similar southland roads and/or if I had some out-of-town or foreign friends who wanted to see such event while visiting So Cal.
    Couple of times they even provided long enough destination excuse for extended "test drive" with clients to "shakedown" any issues or potential problems their car(s) might develop or have. :)

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I am one of the main organizers for the Exotics in the Empire meet. I was throwing regular meets at Victoria Gardens last year but the venue eventually kicked us out. The problem is finding a venue that will allow us to gather. I have tried the Colonies as well. So I am still looking for a venue currently and will keep everyone in the loop. These gatherings take a bit of work to organize correctly.

Sent from my 16M

12. F1 SML8R

F1 SML8R Karting

Oct 20, 2012
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Carlos M.
    Eddie, let me know if you'd be interested in helping manage a co-location event. We could do 1 week in the IE and another in the OC. A few of use want to try to put an organic CnC event together in the Irvine area and we would certainly support coming out your way. We could do each location alternating every 2 weeks for an average total of two events every month.

13. 575 Maranello

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    At this point with C&C gone and the IE event being non-existent I would be simply glad for something to do once a month.

14. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Exactly. Once C&C halts it will leave a great opportunity for another meet to pop-up. Hobbyist will start looking around for an excuse to drive their vehicle out for an exercise.

Time for IE to have something going. Cars and cappucino looks promising or similar that caters to more types of cars.

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Carlos, I would certainly welcome that ...problem for me is finding a location. I and another are now looking at a large church parking lot.

Sent from my 16M

16. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    What about Cable Airport/Maniac Mike's Cafe? The airport is family owned private property and the owner of the cafe (Mike) is a car guy. Easy in and out with ample parking. Just a thought...

17. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    For anyone in the IE interested I will be heading down to a even in irvine called 70mile saturday. If anyone wants to caravan let me know...and if there is any way to help promote or donate time to help with a weekly/monthly IE meet let me know.

18. 575 Maranello

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    I am also very interested in attending and helping with an exotic car event in the IE. Please let me know what I can do to help.

19. Edgardesigns

Edgardesigns Rookie

Jan 13, 2015
    Sup Guys...I'd love to help and participate in organizing a more Regular meet up out in the IE.

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thanks for all the support gentlemen.
    We are working towards an event in Februrary and it will be a new location.
    I will post a new thread shortly.

Sent from my 16M

21. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Please keep us posted. Thank you.

22. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    Eddie, I'll be glad to help out any way I can with set up or anything else you guys need.

Henry

23. 575 Maranello

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    Same here let me know what you need me to do?