shifting | FerrariChat

shifting

Discussion in '360/430' started by skywalkermd, Jan 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skywalkermd

skywalkermd Karting

Oct 30, 2013
    i have had my 360 sitting in garage thru winter just reved it up i did not receive owners manual with purchase(i know!) but a red light that looks like a square with hood up came/comes on and shifted me into neutral and only after sitting at gate for 10 minutes it allowed shift but still the light comes on while idling in garae and shifting to 1 and 2 what does light mean? only 34k and barely driven last 4 months thanks

2. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sounds like the engine compartment latch/switch is not making contact. You can probably jigger it or put some electrical tape in the latch tongue to get it to make contact. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere.

And you can download the manual here:All Ferraris

Cheers, Andy

3. skywalkermd

skywalkermd Karting

Oct 30, 2013
    thanks i wondered if that was it as i leave front hood open for charging the actual hood up sign is much larger and obvious and is not whats lighting up

4. skywalkermd

skywalkermd Karting

Oct 30, 2013
    ahhh i looked in manual its says f1 gear box failure and since flashing is low pressure does anyone know why i would have low pressure without driving or visible leak??

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It could be as simple as the car is cold and unloved and needs more revs to build the pressure back up - it could be the pump is fading and may soon need replacing - it could be the hydraulic fluid is a little low - it could be you have a little looseness in the reverse lever

It could be that it is not an easy diagnosis by internet but it need not be a major issue

6. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Sounds like the Kuhfulof valve syndrome. Def suggest asking the experts at your local experienced and properly equipped repair facility.

Remember, be 'careful of' internet diagnosis's

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That is correct, it is an F1 gearbox warning. The potential causes are many so you need access to an SD and someone with experience.

8. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    That is correct, actuator, pump, accumulator, though start with the basics, check F1 oil level, and pump relay (topic search should give many results). Also consider driving the car for a while to get things fluids flowing...