4 post lift for my garage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

4 post lift for my garage

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by bocaf430, Dec 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Love that cobra

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it has 7k miles I think. my best friend from high school had that car. it was stolen right from his driveway. he died when we were 25 and a few years later I was up late one night messing around on ebay and I found that car 14 miles from me. same exact specs that my buddy's car had. so I bought it.

3. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    ttforcefed... you on LI?

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Currently 10.5' garage Ceiling with Bendpak 4 post lift. Prior garage was 12' ceilings in the garage with a 4 post. The higher the better. If you have a choice definitely go 12' foot as versatility increases of choice of cars both under and on top. Obviously if both cars are low never a problem, that may change with time however. Definately go with a side mount door opener as it markedly improves height issues.

5. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
  6. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Nicee congratulatios beautifull collection

7. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I'm looking to get a 4-post for my garage and it seems residential delivery from the online suppliers is not an option (says loading dock and fork lift are required). I was wondering if any of you can tell me how you had yours delivered and installed. There's a local company here on Long Island and he quoted $4000 to deliver and install. Does that sound about right?

8. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    Yes that is right they installed my 4 post lift. They are very good. They showed up at 9am and were finished by 2 pm. I had them go over first to assure everything would fit in my garage.

9. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin

If this includes the lift, it sounds right. If not, for reference mine were $625/ea for delivery and installation plus the cost of the lift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sounds about right for me as well....I paid around $1,200 delivered, Installed, and all four posts were bolted into the ground,plus the purchase price of the lift.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I had mine delivered to the local tow truck company. When it arrived they just loaded it on the hydraulic flatbed and delivered it to me dropping it directly in the garage. It was very easy.

12. Stephen C

Stephen C Rookie

Nov 10, 2013
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    I fussed the ceiling height issue for many hours while I designed a house that I have now just finished building. The house has an underground garage in which I installed a 4 post BendPak. Local building restrictions limited the ceiling height to 9 feet which is just enough to just stack two cars for storage, but not enough to comfortably work on a car while standing underneath a car on the lift. My solution was to incorporate a 2 foot deep service pit under the lift. This provides a good 6 foot clear under a car on the lift which allows for wrenching without raising the ceiling elevation. I had 3 inch deep x 4 " wide step cast around the top perimeter of the pit so that I can deck the pit in with 2 layers of 2x6 timber to eliminate the risk of someone dropping a car into the pit when storing it under a car on the lift.

It works well for both storage and wrenching cars and meets code because the pit is only 2 feet deep.

Cheers
    Steve

13. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Yep, they're the ones that quoted me the price.. called them today and sent a deposit. I think its a pretty good deal.. comes with 4 drip trays and aluminum ramps. Scheduled for installation first week of February. Thanks for the responses.

14. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    It was 4000 total for delivery and installation. Make sure you bolt it to the floor otherwise it may "walk"

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive never bolted any of my lifts....none have walked....

16. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    Do you have a side mount motor for your garage door? I had to replace my centrally mounted motor because it would interfere with the lift. Cost 1000 installed. The lift guys do not do garage doors. I had to do that before they showed up.

This is the one I got

Liftmaster 8500 Wall Mount Garage Door Opener - - Amazon.com

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes I had to do those as well....ive got a great garage guy on LI as well.

18. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Which brand did you go for? Is there one that is better than another from what they offer? I don't want to skimp at all when we are talking about cars worth over $300 each above and below the lift. Are their lift brands all top of the line?

I have not researched in awhile. When I was looking the brands were Bendpak, Backyardbuddy and one or two others I can't remember.

thanks.

19. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    They said it wasn't needed to bolt down, as soon as we lifted a car half way up I could see the posts start moving inward. I told them to bolt it and it wasn't worth the $200 savings.

I have the same one, the install of this unit, plus the tall height extended rails and configuration change it was $1,200 for this as well including the lift master 8500

20. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    on long island, which garage door company did you use?

21. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I'm having B&H Garage Doors install a new hi-rise garage door with the side mounted opener a week before the Lift is scheduled for installation.

22. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    I got a Quality Lift from them. Comes with the removable ramps and the roll back stops. I have even put my RS 7 on the lift and it fits. It has a 7000 lb lift weight. As I said before be sure to bolt it to the floor it took them 10 min. to do

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Great shot!
    I have a BentleyFS that I also want to put under a lift. Which model Bendpak do you have?

Sent from my 16M

25. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli