2015 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2015 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Thanks David. With few exceptions, I enjoy the reactions the car gets, and if it makes someone else's day as much as it does mine, then its great. I remember the days when I was on the other end of the sharing.

2. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #27 AVFPolo, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Lane thanks for once again starting the new thread!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2015 !!!

- Ed -

3. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Phil

It wouldn't be difficult to talk me into retirement. I'll be 55 this year and I'm thinking about retiring while I can still play polo at a decent level. And I'm thinking track prepped car. And maybe....just maybe I'll finally have some time to attend an FChat breakfast.

- Ed -

4. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sounds like a plan Ed. If you need a pit crew lackey, I'm game. Even a spare driver ;) if needed.

5. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Craig,

Are you going to give us any clues or hints as to what kind of toy?

- Ed -

6. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks for sharing Phil.

The best part of Ferrari ownership for me is sharing the cars with others. I especially enjoy having kids sit in them or taking the future Ferrari enthusiasts for a ride. I have a photo somewhere of four kids sitting, simultaneously, in the 355 spider. It's one of my all time favorite Fcar pics.

- Ed -

7. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Ed, that's awesome! Everything I'm hearing is today's kids just don't care about cars like we do. In order to keep "driver's" cars from fading into extinction to be replaced by self-driving appliance pods, we need to keep the interest alive! I need to find a way to do more myself. While the M3 draws attention, it pales in comparison to an Fcar or other exotic.

Do you, or anyone else know if the new track in Palmer will have opportunities for someone who can't afford to track a car to be involved with cars and/or motorsports there?

8. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Absolutely, I usually have a few Ferrari Hot Wheels in the car to give to kids who might be drooling over it in a parking lot. Of course I'm trying to create demand to keep Ferrari values high 10+ years from now :)

And sign me up for Team AVF! I'd be happy to change the tires on your 288 GTO ;)

9. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I don't want to jinx it, since I don't have it in my garage yet. I did manage to get the ok from my wife, so that was a big step forward with a couple of toys already in the garage. Now I just have to finalize the deal.

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hi Craig! So will you need to ditch any of the other toys to make room? I think you need to have another barbeque :D

11. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Yes. The Noble. That was the one concession I had to make to get approval. :-( Anyone seriously interested, send me a PM for pictures and details. I wasn't going to put it up for sale on the Noble and Lotus sites until Spring, but if someone in the group is interested before it goes public, I'm sure we can work something out. It is up on the hoist in my heated garage and could stay there until the salt is off the roads, if that is a concern for anyone that would buy it.

Another barbeque at my place and spirited road tour of the shoreline area sounds like a great idea! As soon as the roads are salt-free and the temperature is north of 65 again I'll get it organized. Maybe we can even talk Lane into coming along, since it would be on his home turf. Might even find a car for him to drive too, if that's what it takes to get him off the boat. I finished the outdoor patio and deck, etc. since you guys were here, so we could even eat outside this time.:)

12. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Your Noble is awesome, ridiculous HP to weight ratio. Trade for an old Firebird? haha...

sounds like a great plan, although eating in that awesome garage is fine :)

13. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #38 Joe_CT, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Can't wait to hear (and see) what you are getting. A BBQ and a spirited drive would be awesome. Maybe now that I have the Z06 I can actually keep up with you (what ever your new toy is).

14. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Cool! I would love to see your Z06! Does that mean you are Porscheless now?

15. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sadly it does... like you, I had to delete a car to add a car... wife has a rule all cars we own must fit in the garage, and another lift is not an option with the big truck and SUV.

16. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Build another garage. ;)

17. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I almost did, well kind of. There is a small 2,000 sq ft warehouse building for sale on Kitts Lane in Newington that I looked at. The price was really low and it has a little office, bathroom, and storage area. I thought it would be a great place to store cars and host cars and coffee. Unfortunately, the building was a mess and would have needed me to pile a lot of money into it.

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Hi guys.... divorce was final today at 1:00. Big weight off my shoulders. Hope to have a less stressful life with more time for my freinds. You.

19. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lane I hope the dust settles quickly and life gets a little easier for you.
    One of these gatherings we'll be there at the same time.

20. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    How much is the building?

I look forward to seeing you soon, Lane. I'm glad that is behind you.

21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #46 Joe_CT, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Asking $299K... but probably needs $100K to make it water tight, secure, and presentable. The price is clearly negotiable as it has been on the market for a couple years and come down a couple hundred thousand already.

22. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Lucky that's not a rule here, although it is a guideline she's hinted at more than once ;) That would be great having a building, my old neighbor bought a building a mile away to store his 9 Mopars. But yes, that would soak up $ very quick making it a showroom...

Lane, didn't know you were going through that but welcome to the club! Brighter days are ahead for sure :)

23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Lane,

Glad to hear things are coming to a conclusion for you. Hope you get to GB more often when the weather breaks.

Joe,

Just yesterday I watched a Youtube video from Jay Leno's garage on the 2015 Z06 and today Autoweek came out with a nice article on it. Incredible car.

Personally, I have a really had time getting motivated to leave the house when it cold. So it's unlikely I'll be out 'til spring. But that's not too far away.

24. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I'm planning on being in Glastonbury tomorrow.... really going to be there this time. Cleared it with the bosses and everything.

25. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Unfortunately, I cannot make it. I have been told from another circle of friends that I need to make it known if I am not going to be somewhere. Have fun tomorrow! I have to go tell Barack I can't make golf tomorrow, and the Queen that brunch is off.