New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong | FerrariChat

New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #1 FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone, I'm happy to report that my 365 GTC/4 has finally arrived in Hong Kong. I just took the car around the block and it sounds great. I love how much power the car has. The engine sounds great. The previous owner Greg Markson really took great care of the car and I had it serviced by Cavalino Motors Sports of New South Whales before they shipped the car. This car doesn't feel 40+ years old to me at all. I love it. We spent a couple of hours cleaning the interior of the car. Although we removed much of the imbedded dirt in the leather, I noticed that in some parts the leather is really worn thin and in a couple of places torn. I heard that you can recondition leather and bring it back from cracking and fading. Can someone please give me some advice on how to bring the interior back to shape? The cloth is the original Zegna cloth that was original to the car so I want to preserve it as much as possible. I also want to repaint the car darker metallic blue. Can someone please recommend a couple of color options? If there are any Hong Kong based Fchat members, could you please recommend the best paint shop in Hong Kong? I was thinking about giving the job to Italian motors as they have a paint shop but I wasnt sure. Your advice, suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #4 FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015
  3. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Chassis number 15709. The original exterior color was Celeste Gainsborough 2.443.625. I would suggest taking it back to this original color, a beautiful light metallic blue.

jippiejake likes this.
  5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #7 El Wayne, Jan 24, 2015
  6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Very nice, I'd go with the original colour also.

7. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes. If not I like this one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a7i7_yIXQOM/UeqH7Ip7yOI/AAAAAAAAH0U/tpBsDrkb040/s1600/IMG_1776.JPG

or

http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20121029/cars%20ferrari%20365%20gtc4%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_49.jpg

Congratulations. C4 are great cars. Red line in 3rd is sweet indeed.

8. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    This color looks good. Definitely some shade of metallic blue should be the right color. I was hoping for a slightly darker blue to go with the car's more aggressive angles. Although taking the car back to the original color is not a bad idea. Thank you.

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    If you choose to go with another shade of blue, then it would be best (in my opinion, anyway) to go with an appropriate color that could have been original to a 365 GTC/4. Here's a chart that shows these options:

Ferrari 365 GTC/4 Detailed Information

By the way, if you look at the interior options at the bottom of that page, your original interior was Pelle Beige VM-3218 leather with Plaid 12 inserts and Beige carpets.

10. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #12 FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015
    Thank you for this. Yes I agree that it should be the right color for the period. What color do you think this car is painted with? Is it a correct period color?

11. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Is this color Blue Dino?

12. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    It's difficult to tell a color for sure based on photographs viewed on a computer monitor, but to my eye this looks more like either Blu Ribot 2.443.631 or Blu Chiaro Metallizzato 106-A-38. In this case, I think your photo might show s/n 15499, which was originally Blu Ribot. To be certain, you could check with the owner of 15499, who is also a member here: Racerfred

13. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    That looks like my car but I can't place where that picture was taken? I am located on Long Island.

I do like the color of my car. Marcel sent me the details on the car. I can look it up if anyone needs it.

Fred

14. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    It is a left hand drive and there is an American flag draped next to it so I would assume phto is taken in the USA. I just did a Google image search and the photo came up. If your car has this same paint job, please let me know what color it is. I showed it to my wife and she agrees it is the best color so I want to do what the boss says.

15. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #17 Wheels1, Jan 25, 2015
    I painted my Daytona in the the modern paint code for Blue Ribot Metallic. It is very hard to match accurately the old colours as the paints and the codes have changed about three times. I spent a lot of time researching the colour and when finished, it did compare very well with an old swatch of Blue Ribot Metallic that I have. If you would like the code please send me a pm.

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Do you have a pic of the original seat colors?
    Thanks.

17. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    That does look stunning.

18. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  19. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    15709........ Imported and sold by Marranello Concessionaires in the UK. Although owned by the company as a demonstrator it was also for the personal use of the deputy chairman Shaun Bealey. He ran the car for the first 3K miles approx. Painted Celeste Gainsborough 2.443.625 with Beige leather VM3218 and Tartan cloth inserts to seats, cloth # 12. First titled in UK 27th June 1972. Maranello sold the car in early 1973 to a Max Lander....UK Title # ML 9. From him it passed to a Brigadier Holland in 1975, UK # 500 GDA......Then the history is vague but by the early 1980's it was owned by the Earl of Mexborough still with # 500 GDA.......... Do use Italian Motors for paint etc. They are excellent.

jippiejake likes this.
  20. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thanks Paul! I didn't have this history now I do. I will try to see if I can dig up some old photos of the car with the above people for building up its provenance. If anyone has photos of 15709, it would be much appreciated.

21. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #23 El Wayne, Jan 26, 2015
    Brigadier E. Holland still owned the car as of summer 1978 (according to the Ferrari Owners Club U.K.). While under ownership of the Earl it was offered for sale by Duncan Hamilton in the October 1995 issue of Classic & Sports Car, asking £36,950. Eventually with Greg Markson (greg246 on F-Chat), as we all know, and with engine rebuild performed in 2011.

Some pics while with Greg:

jippiejake likes this.
  22. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

You probably haven't had a chance to go through all the paperwork yet, but have a look at the stuff from the Maranello Concessionares archives. There's a humorous complaint letter to Col Ronnie Hoare from Max Lander written on Christmas Eve. Cheers

23. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thanks. I registered.