92 348TS FOR SALE W/SALVAGE TITLE | Page 29 | FerrariChat

92 348TS FOR SALE W/SALVAGE TITLE

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by zoowho2, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Sorry I had my shoes off and I still can't count. I guess I am the wiener!

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Oops. Had my shoes off and still can't count. Oh well who will be 800?

3. theq

theq Karting

May 7, 2008
    continuim
    Full Name:
    Joel
    All this on an old Italian beater.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    It's a 348 not a Robin Reliant.

5. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I also was unaware of the total viewers of this thread.
    The abuses are few indeed compared to the many posts.
    The thought process of most are really supportive.
    The negative and flinty posts are taken as bitter vetch and unhappy people in their own life as shows in the negativity and spite of something that does not really concern them.
    Construction is creative and contributory, destruction is wasted effort reflected with scorn, and disrespect the result

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    57K hits and still no sale?

7. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The only thing that terrifies me is the thought of marriage and maybe having to push my Harley in public (not as yet)
    I missed this post and being tardy in my reply, I say, you may think you know, called assuming by the way, and not the case here. A rubes money is as good as yours and what he does with it is his business. Now unless you are an elitist Ferrari snob we hear so much about, dont be so quick to denigrate others social status as I assume you squat the same as others.
    Yes, buy at discount, sell at discount. I was well aware of that before I purchased but not the nasty spiteful comments of a few supposedly Ferrari owners. You may be but,
    You "assume" because you really don't know of anything you said.
    In my posts, I stated call this # for info ( and full disclosure) of this car, which you did not do. Others did and most were told the history with nada ommitted or not disclosed if I determined it was a serious inquiry to purchase. Now you know something.

8. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The car could have been sold many times over had I wished to sell to the buyer or I had been offered discounted price ( when the car was posted as for sale) At one point I did weaken and accepted an offer below my ask price, was basically blown off without a call to cancel the appointment that was made and I waited for all weekend. The excuse was accepted but I withdrew the acceptance of offer as no excuse these days for not contacting and communicating when the other person makes the appointment then no shows. Other offers were not acceptable to ME, I will sell to whom and at what price I have set. 29k/30k...w/wheels. I would like to see the car sell but in a situation I am happy about, after all, it is my sell, not yours, your buy should you appreciate the car and not some snotty piece of paper that only matters at resale. Whens the last time someone said, "nice Ferrari, can I see the title?" yea go .... yourself.
    I did not buy to resale, I bought to own and drive. Drastic changes in health and abilities have brought about selling, more to honor "red" than to not own. I kinow there is someone out there that is enough enthusiast be given the chance to own and drive a Ferrari at an affordable price and not just have it sit in the garage like some fat lazy garage queen for "show" off or "the Ferrari investment story" There is a lot better and less expensive ways to make money than have a wasted pedigree sitting in your garage begging to be used. Have some love and respect for the automobile for all the thrill and excitement it's given you by driving it as Enzo intended for it.

9. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Please read above post, Thank you.

10. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This has been the case, I don't recall you calling and asking anything about the car, so you were not deceived nor was anything withheld from you.
    You read a post..92 348 for sale, 1st 30k takes and phone #'s given to call for more information to be given to "interested buyers" Obviously you were not an interested buyer

No one has been cheated, defrauded, lied to, conned in anyway. You may dislike my responses or the choice of selling methods and feel you have been deprived but that is not the case and bitter as it may seem to you, it's my car, my sale and my result one way or the other, and if it was a waste of your time, why do those people continually harp over the same issues for 700 posts. It has been a waste of no ones time, it's like reading the newspaper, tomorrow it's all forgotten and you just start another one. (I remember some comics and I miss "OPUS")

11. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Now that the salvage title has been well and clearly established, care to share the full story behind it? At this point, I think it would enhance the cars value rather than detract from it. No shame in a salvage title anyway, properly bought it can mean great value for the money.

12. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David

Let's start here then.

Thanks for the offer of candor and full disclosure.

13. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Why bother with a price, or coupe or spider, or even the year of the car then? Just put "348 for sale, call for more information". The important terms are a screening tool to not waste a potential buyer's time. Simply courtesy.

OPUS? How ironic. This thread. :)

Carry on.

Regards,
    Jerry

14. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    WOW! When did this thread start over? Flash back of to many posts to count with the same question...........So here goes................It was a golf club.
    The full disclosure will be given to the new buyer/owner and it will be left to him/her to broadcast publicly, the full disclosure of the title "reason".
    Again, more an issue of deductable and retaining ownership etc twix owner and ins co.
    That is as much info as I am willing to state here. Those that have called were told (most) and I thank them very much for not broadcasting it across the thread. One person pushed the edge but still maintained my desire to keep it private.
    It was not a total in the sense of the word but by law when/if purchased back from an ins co, that is the only type title that can be issued. That is why it has a Restore/salvage title on it's title. The damage was not huge or structual but the cost of any repair on a Ferrari is beyond rediculous in normal terms.
    I admit, I do not know every detail of how it was done, only that the damage was cosmetics rather than structural. The car drives perfectly, does what it is told and is very forgiving given my abilities at my age and conditions.
    So there you have it...again

15. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom

My God man, a waste of time? A # was there to call to save time writing.
    A waste of time? do you buy the first car you look at so as to not waste time?
    Disappointing to you perhaps but searching is never a waste of time if you truly seek and if this was the first disappointment in your life................beware sir..don't get married!

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    So not so much on the full disclosure.

17. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You are quite welcome, I hope I answered to the full extent that I am going to or willing to broadcast in public. You obviously are not a prospective buyer............
    So it is none of your business anyway. A concern to you is not a requirement to me
    and I reiterate, this has been answered many time over and I hope spelled the same or as your girlfriend might say,
    " ..you got as much as your going to get from me."

18. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Man, after this is over I am going to have to get a job, maybe at your local news paper huh?

19. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    OK, I know it's been asked, I just thought maybe after so much electronic ink on the subject, you might feel differently.

So here's what I don't get. We all know it's a salvage title, no secret there. And as I said, no shame there. We know it had something to do with a golf club. OK, good enough but at this point don't you see that "broadcasting", as you put it, the full details actually benefits the perception of the car? And thus their interest in purchasing it for the price you want?

What possible benefit is there to keeping the details private? Are they so horrible that any future owner will be tainted by his very association with them? The "worst" of it (that it has a salvage title) is now public. Why not offer up the counter-balancing details to buyers minds at ease? Hiding them only makes it look like you are, well, hiding something.

20. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Why not call him and ask if you want to know?? I think that Tom has been pretty consistent that people should call him if they have questions.

21. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Not a buyer, so I'm not going to call. Just curious as to why he pursues what appears to be a counter-intuitive approach to selling his car. Doesn't matter why really, but fchat is first and foremost a discussion forum, even the classifieds, so why not ask?

22. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Ditto... What's the big deal?

Posting on the Internet that your prior girl friend had loose morals, and going into the gritty details with a blow by blow isn't the same thing...

23. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B

But in your example more detail presumably emphasizes the flaw. In Toms case, providing more details would have the opposite effect, easing concerns raised by the simple but incomplete knowledge that there is a salvage title.

It's entirely up to him of course how he wishes to sell his car but as I said even the classifieds here are open to discussion.

24. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    So if you have had numerous calls and disclosed all the details (recently claimed to be mostly cosmetic and paperwork related) to said callers, why has no one pulled the trigger?

Kinda "deflates" your theory that only serious buyers would call

25. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Do you actually read before you write? I will write using small words and short sentences.

Of course the phone number was there to call. But why bother with ANY qualifying information if all you want to do is get someone to call on the car? All of the other qualifying information is a waste because you simply want the prospective buyer to call to give them important information. No information other than "348 for sale" would be sufficient under your (flawed) rationale.

Generally no, although my last car I did and it just passed 12 years with me because I knew it was what I wanted as soon as I drove it. But i called on it because it had a bunch of quailifying information that was important to me, like year, mileage, color, options, number of owners (1), etc. And I bought my Ferrari with no test drive and no PPI (although lots of email and pictures exchanged) because I trusted the seller (and full disclosures from the outset), a long time F chat member. Worked out great for me. But I would not have inquired on the car without all of the information put in the ad up front. Nothing was missing that I had to find out by contacting the seller. But again, you miss the point.

Your ad is to just get people to call and then hopefully,LOOK. But most normal buyers won't even call if the ad doesn't define what they are looking for. If I want a blue Ferrari and yours is red, then putting the color in the ad tells me not to waste my time calling. If I want a 1 owner car, and yours has multiple owners, same thing, the buyer can screen the car out. But it also saves you time, because if the caller finds out there is a missing element (wrong color, wrong number of owners, coupe instead of spider), then you have wasted YOUR time too just fielding that call. It is clear you don't want people not seriously interested. The way most people do it is by disclosing all the important information up front (but I am repeating myself).

No matter how nice, some people will not buy a car with a salvage title. Exclude them. For those on the fence, an ad that included something like "salvage title, funny story, involves a golf club, call for details, I have had the car for X years and drives great" would have gotten way more responses. But failure to include important information about the car turned off potential buyers. It made it look like you were hiding something by not putting it in the ad. YOU should reread some of the posts about that (I am sure you have, but you don't seem to care) . But it is clear you don't get it, even after 6 months of no sale. Perhaps look at ads that actually sold the cars advertised here.

And time is money. Someone said they offered $28k over a year ago. Invested in the stock market this past year, which returned 10%, would have put you well over your desired $30k.

Yup, your car, advertise it any way you want, accept or reject any offer you want, but if results are the barometer of success, your way has proven to be the wrong way if you are trying to sell. Reminds me of the definition of insanity: doing things the same way and expecting different results! LOL

Searching IS a waste of time if I seek the wrong thing because I was not given information at the outset. Your 348 may be nice even with a flawed title, but is not so unique as to create its own market as you seem to think. You do know the 348 market is a bit different than than say the TR or F40 market, right? :)

No, this has not been a disappointment, to the contrary, this has been quite entertaining. However, if I was trying to sell a car for 6 months, I would be disappointed.

Another great non-sequitur. But if the reference is to shopping as opposed to disclosing, I did shop. There were no failures to disclose at the outset. The woman who became the wife (now over 30 years) was exactly as represented to me the first time we met. No hidden flaws I had to discover by calling her on the phone!!LOL

Regards,
    Jerry

P.S. Every time someone responds to you, it is a free bump in your "for (sic) sale" post, so maybe this response will help you get this car sold and end this OPUS. :)