any Speciale or Speciale A owners jumping to 488 | FerrariChat

any Speciale or Speciale A owners jumping to 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rcktrod, Feb 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    I have my own opinions on this but was curious to hear from Speciale and Speciale A owners on whether they would consider jumping to the 488.

2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    When my Speciale arrives it will be a keeper. I may add some sort of 488 in time (and for a period of time), who knows, but the Speciale will be staying. It is my first brand new F and will be an iconic car like my old CS, in fact, maybe even more so.

3. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    My speciale aperta due for May build - a keeper and wouldn't dream of switching. Next I'll probably add an F12.

4. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I'll keep my Speciale and will go for the raw version of the 488. GTO or Speciale whatever they'll call it :)

5. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    I would think selling a Ltd production car for a new "production" car would be a big mistake......?!?! No?!?!

DarkShines
    [email protected]

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I would not jump. I might add the next limited car, but I will not sell my Aperta

7. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    #7 nads, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    My best guess eventually quite a few Speciale owners will move on (regardless of what they say now :) ) whereas the Speciale A is another story, I would expect to see very few, if any, trades there.

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've yet to get my Speciale. Having said that I have no interest in selling it but rather moving back in time and filling my garage with a Scuderia or a vintage Ferrari.

As cool as the 488 looks, I see the end of an era and want to keep the Speciale.

9. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I've been driving my Speciale for exactly 1 year now. And no, I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon.

My jury is still out on the 488, I guess I need to see it in the flesh, but I would never trade in the Speciale for it.

10. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    I will keep my Speciale for a very, very long time that include your carbon bits :) I may get a 488 for a short stretch but my next long term car could the F12 GTO if they come out with one.. I just love the Speciale and I couldn't be more content that I own one!

Safe travels!

11. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    The only car a Speciale should be switched for is the Aperta. If u manage to own an Aperta dont switch it for anything (unless u can sell it for more).

12. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    I'll be in Marenello next Friday to spec my Speciale.. This will be the first time I spec a new F Car (my FF was new but dealer spec'ed) and I plan to keep it forever.

13. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    I am in agreement about the Speciale being a keeper. Never heard the official number made (think around 2,000) so not as common as 7,000 458's per year made if my numbers are correct. The Speciale Aperta is limited to 499, so that's a different story and certainly a keeper.

Rob, glad you like the CF engine bay bits...can't wait to see it in person. An F12 GTO would be a true "monster".

14. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The SOLE reason I purchased an Aperta was because of the pending 488 and Ferrari decision to move away from screaming NA V8. It's the end of an era and Ferrari has forgotten what made their V8 mid engine supercar so special. A super car without a proper throbbing soul is hollow.

The current Mclarens are clear example, all my friends who bought one wishes to dump them but there are no takers. They realized after the initial novelty wore off the clinical feel of the car was quite boring.

This end of era is like when Porsche went away from air cool 911.

15. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Completely agree. I'm sure the 488 and it's successors will be great in their own way, but most certainly marks the end of an era.

16. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Nope. Speciale is a keeper...and so is my Stradale.

17. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Mine was specced to be keeper. It isn't re-sale red, it's got bright blue interior, and Nart painted panels here and there. Frankly, It would appeal to a very small market IF it was up for sale.

18. groutguy

groutguy Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2014
    My Speciale arrived at the end of November, so I didn't have a chance to drive it right away.
    Winter broke for a couple of weeks in January, so I immediately put some miles on her.
    I can honestly say that this cars checks off everything on the drivers want list; theatre, passion, emotion, precision, speed, etc.
    The Speciale is definitely a keeper and probably is the last of its kind.
    I know the 488 will be a beautiful and amazing car, because that's what Ferrari does; but I think that the Speciale is still one of those once in a lifetime "everyone just got it right" cars.
    V12 F-car is next on the add to the stable list.

19. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I got a call from my dealer on Tuesday asking if I wanted to one of the first on the list on the 488 - I turned him down for now, will wait to hear how it sounds and how the turbo works out at lower speeds - Since I'm waiting on a Aperta to get in, it's not so bad to (not) be on a list right now..