Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 196 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I saw a really attractive woman driving a red TR the other day through Johns Creek. No picture, but I wished I had taken one.. she was letting the car rev really well through the gears. she knew what she was doing..

Brian / Lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan

2. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby

Interesting... I have a friend who's dad has a black california. I think johns creek has around 4 or 5 Ferrari Californias. Never seen this TR but ill be on the look out for it and have my camera with me

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    While driving home this evening, I saw a solid red Nash Metropolitan (!)......with a hood scoop! Are you kidding? He must have given steroid injections to the mice under the hood. :D:D:D

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Karting

May 16, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Burnworth
    #4879 gmblack3, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    WOW! I have yet to see one in georgia apart from the prototype at the high museum. On Instagram a few lucky people have spotted a 918 in buckhead and sandy springs. I also know someone with a 918 ordered, but he doesn't know when it will be delivered. Hope to see your client's car soon!

6. gmblack3

gmblack3 Karting

May 16, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Burnworth
    #4881 gmblack3, Feb 11, 2015

We have worked on 3 of them, 2 for PCNA and our clients.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Nice to see you posting again, Bryan.

Very interesting cars those 918s , guess the finish was not up to snuff on that mega-dollar Porsche.

Just Sayin!

Ciao,
    George

8. gmblack3

gmblack3 Karting

May 16, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Burnworth
    Thank you George!

Pigtails aka sanding scratches. Two of these (blue and silver) are liquid metal optional colors at $63k. Ferrari's are no different. We once polished a new black FF, the hole rear clip was resprayed, blend lines plain as day on the rear pillars.

9. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    Who sold the "client" 918 ?

Ellis, Hennessy or out of state dealer ?

10. gmblack3

gmblack3 Karting

May 16, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Burnworth
    Out of state.

11. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    ....my friend Keith (@ Chuforia) was the lucky one to do a full clear wrap on two of them while down at PCNA. I forget their names. (The female car nicknames.....think one was Alice)

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Last night, while heading westbound on Roswell Road in east Cobb, I saw a white California with black top ahead of me. It turned northbound on Old Canton Road. Anyone here belong to that car?

13. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    in this thread I see tons of cars at various hotels or pubs. looks like the photographer is a valet parker ?

do F chat owners have your car valet parked often ? I dont think I would let a valet park my car.. especially some of the new Ferrari's on this thread.

do people valet ?

Brian Lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan

14. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Yo Brian,

Valet, No Way! :D

Ciao,
    George

15. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Not me. Generous tip and place it myself.

16. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    All these valet fail videos I've seen recently make me think twice about letting a valet park my car (when I get a car). But at Lenox they valet tons and tons of cars there on the busy days. So far I've heard nothing about crashes or fender benders.

17. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ha. I had this realization about 10 years ago. I would never, ever, ever valet at Lenox or any other place. The are plenty of places to park at Lenox right next to a door. The parking deck goes all the way around the mall.

I Uber at night so it's a non factor.

18. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    #4893 twenty2media, Feb 18, 2015
    Every so often a few friends and I walk around buckhead with our cameras ready to get whatever drives by or we find in the parking decks. I've seen some pretty amazing cars there but I'm still hoping to see the new 918 spyder that has been spotted in buckhead a few times.

19. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I just keep thinking about that scene in Ferris Buellers day off ... the Valet guys had fun in that Ferrari 250 kit car.

20. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    Has anybody seen a brand new black and gold Ferrari in norcross recently? (my mom spotted one about half an hour ago pulling into a subdivision, since she has no idea what model it was i can only say it is black and gold- gold swirls... and a cardboard licence plate)

21. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's a 458. I've seen it around. Sometimes parked in front of that "gangsta" hair salon at the corner of P'Tree and Piedmont.

22. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
  23. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    We must have been in the same place on the day you saw the blue 430, here's another shot from the rear.. http://i.imgur.com/i3nYU5m.jpg

24. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    Well I showed my mom the 458 you are talking about, she said it's not the same. She and I have seen the exclusive game car at the buckhead store a few times before. I texted some friends who live in the subdivision that the car was spotted in and they know nothing about it. I guess the hunt continues for this elusive ferrari!

25. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    Yeah, I was a little unsure when you said "swirls," but figured, how many black and gold 458's can there be around here? Oh well, I tried. Hope you find it!