Speciale Sound Crisis | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Speciale Sound Crisis

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by clar, Oct 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    What is the claim for the headers? Performance, sound, both?

Can you PM me with a quote for the system? 458 Italia.

2. Crazyferrari

Crazyferrari Rookie

Sep 29, 2014
    Ya my car sounds good! ;)

3. Lawin

Lawin Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Larry Nguyen
    The Speciale really sounds good at the upper end of the RPMs, but the tough issue is you are breaking the law by a huge margin to even get there let alone stay in that range. The opportunities to really open it up are few and far between for the Speciale on normal streets. On the track, there isnt much better than the Speciale staying in the 7k plus rpm and the transmission instantaneously popping between gears, its really something else to experience. A major improvement was the bypass switch my dealer wired into the exhaust valve. It gives the car much more bark at low RPMs and makes for a much more entertaining drive on city streets.

4. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    Why do you say that ? Mine sounds incredible. My novitec Speciale sounds a lot better than my capristo Italia . More metallic and depth to the noise.

5. rjn21

rjn21 Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    UK
    #205 rjn21, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    For cattless/decat/test pipe, is there a solution for the CEL that will result? Loving the flames....

6. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Get a switch to keep valves open and drive through an underpass or tunnel. Try opening the window (since a car does not need to noisy "inside", but still enough to interfere with conversation) and tell me it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. If you say it does, we must be driving different 458's. Best

7. clar

clar Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2013
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clarence
    The switch only helps with situation where the rev is below 3k rpm. It opens up above 3k on its own in Race mode anyway. Don't know about u, but where I am, there aren't that many tunnels to drive around in, so how it sounds in a tunnel isn't that important. I am getting used to the sound now. It sounds more like a howl instead of F1 scream.

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  9. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    Ok,

Im in need of the best recipe. I just got my Speciale. The car is simply sensational in every respect except for the exhaust. Its actually worse than I anticipated. Zero personality and not a hint of what my Italia sounded like.

I probably won't drive it anymore until I get the new exhaust so any recommendations are appreciated!!

Rb

10. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Get 200 cell cats, an ecu tune so no cel, a bmc air filter and run her on 100 aki
    best

11. LABrit

LABrit Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Any further updates?

12. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    Mine !!!!

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  14. shawminator

shawminator Karting

May 16, 2008
    Austin
    Sounds awesome. Probably going to go the Novitec route when my Speciale arrives in April.

15. SamBoler

SamBoler Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    LA
    Capristo is my top choice for Ferrari, it brings out the sound of the engine nicely.

16. tm22brz

tm22brz Rookie

Oct 28, 2014

are you in socal?i gotta see ur car!i have high flow cats and ipe f1 rear and still not loud enough

17. clar

clar Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2013
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clarence
    No new from the factory yet.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Shouldnt sound too different on a base 458, correct?
    IMO, this clip shows a higher pitch, could be just the recording equip, cant tell for certain.
    Either way, very nice.

19. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    I have ordered the IPE (F1 sound) system. The current release is a more challenge car sound. I've been told 'March' for the F1 version.

I'm hoping early March.

Looking forward to getting it installed along with some other mods.

Rb

20. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beware basing your choice on YouTube videos. The devices used to record audio in most videos are anything but accurate, not to mention the techniques.

21. LABrit

LABrit Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Was so disappointed with the startup and the annoying valves coming on and off that i decided to go for the Capristo exhaust including the remote valve system & 200 Cell Cats.

Will report back.

22. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Way to go! Videos when completed please!

23. LABrit

LABrit Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Should have it next Monday - i've had the dealer send off the exhaust tips to be coated satin black. Should look and sound great!

24. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll be very interested in this too!

25. SamBoler

SamBoler Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    LA
    A friend of mine is expecting his FI Ultimate Race system any day now but is out of town for the next couple weeks. Probably the most aggressive system out there which suits the looks of the Speciale. Can't wait to hear it!!