How many Boras currently for sale? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

How many Boras currently for sale?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by dadams73, Jan 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Espada looked like it might be a deal if mostly it was clean up, tuning and perhaps some brake work? But I wasn't there ... Yes much better at $69K but try and find a good solid car for $85K. Rubber bumper tits are not as bad as the full rubber stuff.

All car sales have sales tax in the destination state.

2. lambotom

lambotom Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi all,
    Just back from Retromobile Paris where a red 4.9 US Bora with Euro bumpers sold for 185k€ on a stand belonging to a dealer I know.
    Nice staight car with interior redone, supposedly good driver.

I believe the time of a decent Bora @ 100k€ is definitely somethinjg of the past

cheers,
    Tom, Belgium

3. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    This has been obvious to some of us for a long time.
    Fortunately reality is a global phenomenon.
    Condolences to all Bora haters!

Regards.

4. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    OK Gene, did you buy the Espada? :D

5. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    #280 luvcoupes, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Doubtful, it was another internet bidder I was bidding against who bought the car, unless Gene was sitting in his car on the street, bidding on his wireless :)

6. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Doubtful, it was another internet bidder I was bidding against, unless Gene was sitting in his car on the street, bidding on his wireless :)

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    He was considering one a few years ago so I thought ...

8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #283 thecarnut, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Looks good in yellow. It's also listed on eBay with 9 days to go.

10. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    Bob , I did buy a Bora five years ago and still have it. A great driving car. I did not bid on the one at the auction because it was too high by the time I had an chance. Overall I thought the car was fairly sold. The numbers did match and I was told the engine had some work done by Hasselgren Engineering in Berkley one of the respected engine builders

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I meant the Espada Gene. I know well about your Bora. I think I saw it at your house when we visited last? You also had that nice Ghibli which is since sold right?

12. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #287 staatsof, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Now this one is interesting to me at least as it looks a bit like a clone of mine from underneath. They've done some of the same exact things, some, that I did - brushed stainless heat shields except that mine are double wall construction. The original crappy aluminum ones with sheets of asbestos riveted to them just had to go! :)

The carpet in the luggage and engine compartment is wrong of course. Can anyone supply the original at this point though?

It's personal of course but I'm not a fan of Maserati red from that era so the yellow is a great improvement to my eyes. Boras look good in yellow!

This is a real nice car looking car. I think I prefer it to the one that sold in Scottsdale recently.

What's up with the spare? Just put the cover on it!

They could do the air cleaner accurately????

So I know I'm partial and that the rear bumper could have been done better but the front can be set back into the body. A slimmer rear bumper would help though it does have a bit of a fat ass. Perhaps I'm just accustomed to them but I don't find these unattractive. It modernizes the Bora a bit and it nothing like the horrible ones on the Khamsin or Espada and some other cars. With fat tires on the rear it has a more menacing look too! More Thepenier like!

I do hope Boras have arrived for good.

13. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    I believe I have the dyno sheet from Hasselgren Engineering for that engine. If so, the engine put out 290 horsepower in European configuration and 325 lb.ft. of torque.

14. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    Bob you are right. I went there to try and buy the Espada but again did not even get a chance to bid. The only thing I bought was a set of the Bora upper aluminum a arms. I had one and had been looking for another for over a year. They seem to have become no longer available. I had one that was cracked on the ring by the ball joint. So I wanted to do them both at the same time. The new ones are much thicker both at the ball joint an the pivot point. As you know they usually crack back by the pivot point where you cannot see it until it breaks or you take it off for inspection. I did sell the brown Ghibli last spring and bought the red Ghibli that Carlos Madero had as well as his 1966 Q Port. I just got the engine in the Q Port last week and have it running and driving now. Need to sort out a few electric problems but it runs and drives great. This was a little challenge since Carlos took it apart and it took awhile to figure out where all the parts went.

15. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Didn't you have a steep driveway that your Ghibli lost it's E brake on and took a ride down that driveway across the street and into a house? I also remember looking at a beautiful Lotus and a Sebring that looked like a 90 point car, but someone rebuilt the engine incorrectly and it smoked like it was on fire.

Shortly after looking at the Sebring and crashed Ghibli I had a nice long conversation with Howard Turnley about Iso cars and their reliability, I have owned Iso's ever since.

16. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
  17. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #292 thecarnut, Feb 15, 2015
  18. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    So big auction results bringing a bora crop to market. That's 4-5 for sale right now? Amelia is in a few weeks, we'll see what Goodng's car will bring.

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #294 staatsof, Feb 15, 2015
    This very fine and correct example comes from third owner with we believe only 46000 Miles from new! Original and so Matching Numbers engine, mechanically in a very good working and driving order. Fine black interior, original wheels and AC. Body is very clean, solid and with perfect panel fittings. Only 275 were made, how many are still alive…? The classic Supersport car of Maserati! Comes with a Maserati Classiche certificate. Rare and correct Bora 4.9

:eek: :D

After that auction in Scottsdale they're all rare, perfect, correct and with a factory certificate saying so to boot! LOL

It maybe "extoic" cars and high priced ones at that but the market place is still littered with slimy used car salesmen & women I suppose.

That description is classic bubble speak.

What's interesting is either someone was incredibly stupid about what they thought they could do to a car such as this or a quick buckster thinks so little of it and the potential buyers that he thinks he can get away with it? Certainly the salesout thinks that ...

This is not good because if that car does sell for that amount it has requires a bunch of work to straighten it out. I doubt that'll happen and after the bubble is over this will be yet another Bora horribly "restored".

Would they do that to a Ferrari? I wonder?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    If the only things wrong with the car are the oil cooler, the cam covers and rear springs being the wrong color and the dash not being black and the rest of the car is in excellent shape, the costs of getting it "right" will be minimal and the price is in the ballpark for the current market. The debate about a "bubble" is an ongoing one but as long as Ferraris continue to go up, even if it is at a slower pace over time, then Maseratis will get more expensive because there will always be people who want something vintage for one reason or another and when they can't afford a Ferrari they will look at Maserati as a more affordable alternative.

21. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005

Agree with both statements...

22. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    that is my $200K question too! I'd love to know. Logic would say they should. We can find a lot of $200K Boras but only one to date is confirmed sold above this price.

23. jojoh12

jojoh12 Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Johannes H
    At last year´s Auto epoca classic car Show a Bora I would call a good Driver was sold for 180k Euro within three hours...

24. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005

B.

25. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #300 staatsof, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Did you also notice the black painted transaxle?
    The interior is not quite right.
    They didn't bother to take the dent out of the air cleaner?

It all begins to add up and given some of the obviously wrong things what haven't we spotted?

But your last sentence has been historically correct.

For the life of me I can't understand how the Miura and Boxer are that much better cars. Yes the Miura is gorgeous. But take a trip in each or live with the cars for a while. You hear this time and again how people are just amazed at how great a car the Bora is.

If we were in the Lamborghini or Ferrari section of a forum and this was a Daytona, Boxer, Miura or 400GT I think the audience would be far MORE critical of this car.
    I also think that there are more Ghiblis, 3500s and Sebrings of a higher caliber than there are Boras at this point in time.