Ferrari Sightings | Page 122 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Ghibli around Southpark Mall
    Flying Spur outside Neiman Marcus at Southpark mall

Anyone have suggestions for seeing cars around the areas of Furman University, Clempson, High Point, or Gardner Webb? Thanks!

2. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    There are some cars down this way but you're better off sticking to Charlotte or Atlanta for relatively regular sightings.

Forgot to post mine from last Friday (the 6th). Was on the way to Charlotte last Friday afternoon and spotted a red F430. Can't remember if it was coupe or spider but it was parked at a large store off the South side lanes of I-85. Believe it was around Gaffney.

3. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Forgot to post a couple of sightings from the last week.

Last Saturday I saw a lime green Dodge Viper ACR, a new Porsche GT3 along with an Acura NSX all in Ballantyne.

On Sunday I saw an older Rolls Royce on Highway 521 near Indian Land. Later that day, I saw a red 1960's Maserati 3500GT in the Weddington area. I think the Maserati, or at least one like it, was at the Motori Italiani show in Charlotte last spring.

4. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Saw what looked to be a 308 or 328 on Wade Ave this afternoon at about 4:00. It was heading West towards Whole Foods. Anyone on here?

5. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Let's hope the weather cooperates. We're getting some snow right now and it appear it will stay pretty cold between now and Saturday.

6. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on that as well. No snow here at my house just yet, but I know that can change on short order...

PDG

7. Seahawk.

Seahawk. Rookie

Jul 6, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Adam

Awesome! Thank you for being so generous and offering to bring it. I love the NC community.

It has been creating quite the stir. One of the residents at school came up to me asking if I had seen the announcement yet. Another one of my friends is driving up from Wilmington to see it.

Looks like a bit of rain on Saturday but it is later in the day -- Hopefully it will work out. Looking forward to it.

8. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Unfortunately things are not looking so good for Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning. My neighborhood roads are icy as is my steep driveway and there's no sign of a thaw in site until after Saturday morning. I'm hoping to get the driveway cleared in time but I can't risk the trip if the neighborhood roads aren't cleared.

Fingers are crossed. I've contacted our neighborhood president about the roads and a friend in construction is looking for someone to do my driveway but I don't want to cover it in salt.

9. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mark. If we all get to C+C Saturday I would be happy to give one of your McLaren guys a lift to RDU. If the weather really stinks they might have to ride in the dog's Camry. In any event, see you for sure at the Enzo dinner.

10. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok they moved Cars and Coffee back a week to the 28th. The McLaren guys also rescheduled their trip so they can make it. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather or the event and hopefully I'll have time to clean up the P1 a bit. It's kind of dirty right now. A good dirty that comes from driving it a lot :)

11. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Hopefully that's good news.

Likewise my 308 is filthy, but just from driving it. Unfortunately it hasnt been let out this week....although I almost drove it up to Va Bch to attend my Soldiers graduation from a school tomorrow. I have three attending right now but between the weather and being sick I opted out.

PDG

12. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    #3037 sburke, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    #3038 sburke, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    At about 3:20 yesterday afternoon, saw a black Quattroporte (GTS I think?) on Peace St at West St. Also saw a black Audi RS5 in the Whole Foods parking lot as I was leaving the store, at about 5:00.

15. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    Yellow 1st gen Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe at Paragon Collision on Capital Blvd.

16. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Black 599 intersection of Marvin and new town in Waxhaw 1:30 today

17. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Heard all is on for Raleigh tomorrow so planning to drive up. Hope to meet some of you all!!!

PDG

18. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    This streak of weather is unpleasant. I think every square inch of the 430 has been cleaned, waxed or polished within an inch of its life since it is garage bound due to ice, snow, slush and the hilly terrain at my house.

19. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix2SjJtcCc[/ame]

Video from C&C in Raleigh on Saturday.

You can see my 308 and OUMicks 360 in the video as well as MarkNCs McLarens!!!

PDG

20. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Black 430 just went screaming past my work on Statesville Rd. in north Charlotte. Turned to look out the window expecting to see a street bike and it was the 430. The hairs on my arms are still standing up on end :)

21. racemanryan

racemanryan Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Ryan Taylor
    Thanks for posting this awesome video! Wasn't able to attend this month but with this, I caught up on the action. I hope to see the McLaren's at future events.

22. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    Red 458 Spyder on Kildaire Farm Rd at about 12:00pm

23. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Monday, March 2nd, in Charlotte:

-Black Maserati Quattroporte (last-gen) at the Harris Teeter in Myers Park at about 1:30.

Wednesday, March 4th, in Charlotte:

-Blue Maserati Quattroporte (last-gen) on some awesome looking wheels at Hickory Tavern in the University area at about 6:00. Also saw a red 1967 or so Shelby GT350 Mustang around the corner at Hickory Tavern, not sure if it was real or not though.

24. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Not in NC but in Orlando for a trade show a very nice black 458 spider doing a u turn. It looked and sounded amazing. I want one now.

25. Seahawk.

Seahawk. Rookie

Jul 6, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Couldn't really get a good video of the P1 at C&C....Too many people and my hands were actually frozen solid...But this was my attempt, thanks again for bringing it. Was completely worth the drive and standing in the cold.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mwvp99Vy5o[/ame]