Official 328 GTB/GTS Market Thread | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Official 328 GTB/GTS Market Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by buckminster, Jul 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Same here. 328 is more beautiful and rare car than the 360. No surprise from me.

2. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I'm not, but i do not agree with all the statements above why. The 328 is NOT really more car. It's LESS usable on public roads, at least as daily driver aspects go, BUT INDEED more rare, MUCH more beautiful (for me), more maintainable (not sure), more hand-built (that argument i never understood..), But indeed DEFINATELY more iconic. Easy and simple convertible top. (personally i love that).

But the 3x8's main reason for final recognition to me: the shape of the car is as gorgeous as the day it was introduced. Many, and I mean many cars loose there attraction the minute the successor is introduced. The 3x8 continued to stay beautiful, until this very day and almost set the standard for beauty:)

Sure, beauty is all about personal taste but these cars have probably one of the most spread group of admirers worldwide. Everybody with at least a sense of cars instantly recognizes a 308. And the majority will agree to it’s beauty.

3. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    I agree 100%.

All the electronics in sports cars now days certainly won't stand the test of time. Those screens that dominate the center of the instrument panels seem ridiculous when the next "wonder screen" comes out. We 308 and 328 owners certainly don't have that worry- we are already fully obsolete!

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #504 Bullfighter, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Well some of it is essential. For example, how did we ever manage to start our cars without a video screen announcing the model designation? It's like you were supposed to go around to the tail of the car check that every time. How annoying is that, when you're in a hurry?

5. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    That's the second part of my post. As indicated, I've been with Hagarty for 11 years now and had not had to make a claim...(thank God). However, I have a little time to consider getting quotes and was surprised that Grundy was 50% less than the others (with the same coverages).
    That's about $ 700.00 less, so it's not chump change to me. More money for me to invest in other things for the cars.:)
    I guess my concern is, when the time comes to make a claim, is Grundy going to step up? Just went through a few threads and it seems most have had a good experience with them. I did find a thread that said stay away from Hagerty...
    Thanks for all of the responses...

6. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    I'm thinking I will increase both..

'81 GTBi to $ 50,000...although there's that car in the beginning of this thread that's $ 109,000.00

'86 GTS to $ 70,000

7. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    I'm going to check them out too.

8. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

My Euro 308 GTB QV in good (but not concours) condition was valued (yesterday) at 75-80K euro.
    I have a complete historyfile with it and books, tools, light etc.

I am not selling, so only the insurance company is winning at the moment, because I will have to pay 125 euro/month instead of the 70 euro/month I am paying now.

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    What's your mileage and how many owners?

10. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

95.000km, so around 60K miles?
    I am owner number 6 if I remember correctly. I have all names of the previous owners and all invoices/receipts (from 31-12-1982).
    I think the condition is more important than the number of owners though.

11. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Normally true advise but as these cars gain more collector importance this will become afactor.
    Which collectable would you prefer at the same price; a one owner or a 6 owner?

BTW, just wait until inflation kicks in and the price of these really takes off

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Oddly enough, I was reading Mike's column in the newest issue of Forza, and he says that the only Ferraris from the "Fiat Era" that are appreciating at all are the Boxer, 288 GTO, and F40.

Hmmmmm....

13. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If it's the market article in the back of the issue, I think it's just recycled copy. Probably time to update.

14. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Actually, he priced his white 328 according to his statement. ;)
    However, it doesn't seem to be the way others see the 308/328 market.

Also, it looks like the white/red 8,000 mile 328 at Ferrari Long Island isn't on their website anymore. I wonder if it sold...that had an asking price of $149,995.

15. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

I am not really sure. One owner cars can languish for years in garages.
    Usually when someone buys a used Ferrari they tend to put time and money in the car because it is their new prized posession. So more owners can be good for the car.

Most important for me is condition and history. 1 owner and 30.000 miles is nice, but without perfect history to prove this, it says nothing. I have seen many of those cars, low mileage (but no history to prove it) and bad condition.

16. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agree with this.

17. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Then there is this one.. What on earth is going on?

1977 Ferrari 308 GTB FIBERGLASS Price: US $567,000.00 116 watching

Ferrari 308 GTB Fiberglass | eBay

18. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Old news

19. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Thx.....

20. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I went to Grundy for a quote but it seems that you must have a minimum of three vehicles in at least two classes.

21. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    FYI...I have a Honda Odyssey, a BMW 335i and my 308. I approached them about just the 308 and as of yesterday, they are covering my car.

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks.
    Seems that you can't get an online quote if you list just one car though.

23. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    I didn't have an issue, but I was quoting both cars?
    A friend recommended I contact Hagarty to give them an opportunity to match Grundy's price. I did that today and will post what transpires.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Should be interesting but its tough to compare apples to apples. Every company seems to offer their own features beyond the general coverage.

25. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow... that's restrictive. A lot of guys only have two cars.