NASCAR 2015 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2015

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Jan 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I have to believe that there will be SIT DOWN in the fake wood paneled office at daytoner for that public expression of dissatisfaction in nascar.

the race product was once the best in the world and despite my love of sports car racing I hated to admit that it was a fact. I see trouble with nascar under the current format and I think the sponsors and the fans may be heard this year. brian france is a true ding a ling!!

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    the flaming NASCAR has received in the last 24 hours for that qualifying disaster has been epic. I've yet to see anyone in favor of it, and a few calling for Mike Helton's head...

I agree, this year could be a tipping point for fans tired of putting up with the "show".

also agree that at one point, NASCAR did have phenomenal racing without the need for gimmicky intervention. of course, so did F1 ;)

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Well, you'd think so. But, knowing how they operate there, they probably think everything
    they do is golden even if there's no one in the grandstands or watching on TV.

But, when they read the comments from various drivers calling the qualifying procedure
    "stupid", "weird", "absurd" and the fallout in the media, even from fans, it definately
    needs a rethink.

The NASCAR canned cheering section (AKA: FOX Sports) who keep calling NASCAR drivers
    the "Best in the World" and the 500 as "The World's Biggest Race" (SIC), et.al. people believe
    this even when cars are parked at the end of pit lane waiting for a clock to tick down, actually
    think this is real racing.

They're letting the NFL and WWE dictate how they're re-arranging their rules and that ain't
    what brung them to the game. There is such a dearth of original ideas emanating from those
    fake wood paneled walled offices, we really have to worry about the future of all of racing.

NASCAR better remember one thing, just because it's on TV doesn't necessarily mean everyone
    is watching it.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/drivers-lash-out-at-nascar-for-controversial-qualifying-format

BHW

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  5. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I lolled the entire time. I had the tv on and was vacuuming. The vacuum made more noise.

6. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I love the new quali format.

It has its obvious hiccups on plate tracks.

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Read about a poll yesterday that 85% of NASCAR fans are against the new qualifying procedure.
    Hmmmm, think NASCAR will react to this?

Also, no sooner does NASCAR state that there will be no changes to the "Chase" format, than
    two days later they announce changes to the "Chase" format.

NASCAR giveth, NASCAR taketh away with so many policy about-faces it boggles the mind.

BHW

8. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I went to bed feeling unfulfilled last night because there were no squirmishes after the races.

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  10. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Aaaaah much better, Thanks Barton!

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Always happy to restore normalcy!

BHW

12. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Such drama, so Danica starts in row 10 and Denny in row 21, we might see what happens if he catches up to her and gets close to her a** again ;)
    I am betting she wrecks (or gets wrecked) a third car before the weekend is over.

13. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm guessing that is they wreck with each other in the 500, Hamlin will definitely be off of Danica's Christmas card list! First Practice, then 125 #2.....

14. ferraripete

denny says emphatically that there was no contact. she might re-think trash talking denny. he is not much on political correctness:)

15. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    The only guarantee with NASCAR and the Daytona 500 is .....
    The Big one, millions in ruined race cars and maybe a bar type brawl after ....
    I am going to watch it ;)
    Just glad the racing season is back on.

16. ferraripete

Quite true. I will watch to despite it being a joke of a race with these cars and plates. I am on the watch for Brian France fails this year. This could be the year where he really does it in:)

17. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Speak of the devil.
    NASCAR driver Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely - ESPN

18. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Wow did not see that one coming, thinking done for the year ..... Hard to recover from that.
    I would like to think NASCAR has a higher standard, but certain it is their image and money is their true motivation. Any hint of drugs in NASCAR you are gone ... permanently, seems all other major sports the NFL, MLB etc. drugs are the norm. The NFL seems to be bulletproof, animal abuse, wife/gf beating, drugs ..... seems their forbidden fruit is murder.
    Will the secret agent gf move in for the kill ;) thinking not before she gets his money.

19. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    she also needs to rethink the physical contact on other drivers. I know what it is like when you are in an incident and tempers rise abnormally. One of these days some sorry son of a ***** is going to hit back in a moment of blind rage and it is going to be trouble for racing. I recognize that you don't want to be seen as a pushover but that fight is on the track not for the pits (no matter how satisfying it is and I was guilty of that)

20. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Someone please explain Danica's complaint....she seems to be saying that a following car can only be in places the leading car 'needs' that car to be in.....??

21. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Well they just totaled 5 cars in qualifying ....
    Danica needs to stay on the gas instead of coming up with reasons she always finishes in the 15th place or further back. Granted this is not Indy car where a touch can be fatal to your car, NASCAR is a bump and push sport.

22. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Well an update on Kyle would be nice, straight to the hospital is not good.

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #98 BartonWorkman, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    According to reports just read that Busch has a compound fracture to his lower right
    leg and broken left foot. He was taken to Halifax and surgery was done on the leg straight
    from the track.

From the images I've seen, looks as through the car went straight into a concrete retaining
    wall and the engine punched through the fire wall as there was nothing left of the engine
    compartment. Gnarly scene.

The cries have gone out now as to why there is no safer barrier on that wall and DIS
    is taking responsibility.

Not a very good week for the Busch brothers.

Kyle Busch suffers leg injury, will not take part in the Daytona 500 | News | Motorsport.com

BHW

24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    DIS also announced they will install soft wall everywhere and for the 500 will have tire walls set up on the interior walls.

25. ferraripete

I hope kyle will be ok and heal fully. certainly a field missing two real contenders today:(