UPDATE!-330GT #9387 @ Symbolic test drive last Sat looking | FerrariChat

UPDATE!-330GT #9387 @ Symbolic test drive last Sat looking

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by robsandiego, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robsandiego

robsandiego Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well for those of you that were helpful and interested here is the latest on this car. The original post is here:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5617&highlight=330+symbolic

After the PPI which uncovered a possible bad cylinder(very poor leakdown) and necessary front end rebuild, the car sold, as I'm told, for $57K to some former race car driver in Orange county who walked in and bought on the spot. It came back to Symbolic two weeks later along with a 330GTC the buyer had also recently purchased, to trade both on some Ferrari race car.

As an aside, the GTC turned out to have poor compression and or leakdowns and was quickly sold to another dealer for $75K. It was a silver one that I know I saw for sale somewhere and it may have been on ebay. It had that funky Blaupunkt radio control arm that stuck out from the lower dash...

Anyway, the guy who bought the 2+2 had driven it for 200 miles and my hope was that the questionable cylinder would have seen some imrovement as it was the opinion of my PPI guy and others, that the car not having been driven for possibly several years would just need an "Italian" tune up. So, The car at this point is back at Symbolic and they agree to do a leakdown for me. A few days pass and I get a call saying the car has sold. Again! Turns out the guy who bought the black one they had in November bought this one so he could take the Borrani wheels for his car.

Now the car is again for sale with Symbolic on consignment for $69K. Yes, $10K more than Symbolic's previous asking price but without the Borranis and in the same condition as when all this started(bad cylinder $15K + front end rebuld $5K = $20K). The current owner believes that if it doesn't sell he will sell it in europe as prices there are better. Doesn't seem logical unless someone buys w/o a PPI or doesn't care that one cylinder is bad.

Am I missing something here or is this what people do. I mean spend $60k for a 330 2+2 and then spend another $20K on top? Is the market really moving like this? I am well aware of the dollar/euro issues but it still seems overpriced when you factor in the repairs and expenses.

Thanks again everyone for your helpful input. I may not post often but I do lurk frequently. Yale, thanks for the offer last time. At some point I do plan to chat with you.

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Rob,

I would give Greg Westrick at Exotic Performance Plus a call. I think he has a few 330's for sale (and an America). He also has my 250 GTE - I just sold to him - which is also on his site (the 330's are not - but he has a few).

Exoticperformanceplus.com - phone number is on the page - just ask for Greg - mention you talked to me (Rich Wallace). I have bought a few cars from him - and I will ensure you he will not only have very fair prices - no odd mark ups - but is absolute pleasure to deal with. There was a whole chain of EPP - search my user name or "Indiana".

I just bought one of Gregs 355 spider - and love it - and not to mention his price was very fair - about 5 K lower than any comparables I could find...

Hope that helps - or if you need anymore info - do not hesitate to email me - [email protected]

3. robsandiego

robsandiego Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Rich
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them a call this week. I'll be sure to mention your name.

I like the pics of your old 250GTE.
    Rob

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I had a typo - you should ask for Mike Westrick... Greg is another Westrick - but not at EPP...