For Sale - HK P7 M8 9mm fixed-barrel pistol - the one in die hard... | FerrariChat

For Sale - HK P7 M8 9mm fixed-barrel pistol - the one in die hard...

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Robb, Feb 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #1 Robb, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm planning on putting the P7M8 up for sale on Gunbroker but thought there may be interest here first.

Specs:

Serial: 16-107146
    Date code - KD - 1993
    Had less than 50 rounds through her from the previous owner. It was a safe queen. Around 50 rounds through her with me.
    Very clean small engraving - not the big ugly one.

Original black finish

Wood Nil grips and also black oem plastic grips.

Brand new Trijicon night sights- 3 dot - in green both front and back

HKP7M8 Perfection Action Package from Gray Guns in Oregon - THE HK outfit for gunsmithing. That took a month to two of being in their cue...

Comes with two tools, instructions, 2 magazines, box

I have a little over $2,500 into the pistol and I'm not trying to make a profit. So $2,500 is my number with a check to clear or you can pay the gift PayPal fees - up to 3%.

These are getting harder to find in this condition with the nice engravings. happy to do a discrete PayPal service with a credit card or will accept a check and ship after it clears. Will ship from my FFL dealer to your FFL so you can get your background / state requirements completed. I'll pay for my transfer cost on my FFL and will cover shipping.

Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise I'll put it on gunbroker soon where I'm sure it will move quickly.

Robb Williamson
    303-883-8359
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #2 Robb, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yup, that's the bad boy right there!

GLWS. :)

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Damn! Bump for a sweet hand cannon! Wow I love that thing

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    P7 is my favorite pistol.
    It really is the perfect handgun in that it has a "secret safety" in someone elses hands yet is ready to go in yours.
    Extremely accurate.

6. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A really great pistol. It will probably be one of THE most collectible pistols (read $$$) in the not too distant future. I had an M13, but I found it too large for my hand and I sold it.

The P7's only issue, directly from the factory, was that many tended to be a bit finicky with regard to ammo (many would only shoot Winchester Silver-Tip ammo reliably). However, Robb had this pistol worked on by the Smiths at Grey Guns, so I'm sure that this is not an issue.

Best of luck with the sale.

7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thanks Scott and the rest of the crew.

It is a beautiful pistol and only going up, but with the acquisition of the new Challenge car, and its restoration, always choices to be made for time and funds... :) M13 was too big for me also. The M8 is perfect.

Robb

8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    +1
    This condition, AND worked by Bruce/Rick with the Perfection Action Package, this is a good deal for one of these. Four of mine have it (the PAP) already/so far, if that's any indication.
    I'm tempted, but mine get melonite/"Super Black" finish and a "Kurt-specific" trimming/shaping of the mag release tabs, and radiusing of the upper backstrap on the M13s.

This will be a good introduction to someone of either the P7, Grayguns' talents, or both, for a good price.

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thanks for the +1 Kurt.

Robb

10. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Beautiful gun! I have an older and beat up P7 that has thousands of rounds through it without a single malfunction.

I am curious...what type of customization was done to the gun besides the grips?

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Here is what gray guns says on their site...

I have full receipts for the work.

"HK P7 Action PackageThe Heckler & Koch P7 Perfection Action Package (PAP) includes detailed action and cocking lever smoothing work, feed and reliability upgrades, and our foolproof internal trigger over-travel stop, with internal parts finished in our Electroless Nickel-PTFE process for maximum corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.

From Darryl Bolke as posted at Modern Service Weapons in Feb. 2013 after he sent his Heckler & Koch P7 in for the Grayguns treatment…

My initial trip to the range was a real joy. I need to spend some quality time with the P7 to really get used to running one again. I could shoot it well, but one test proved to me that there is a ton of potential in this gun. While working a B8 bull stapled to a typical silhouette resulted in easy and rapid hits to the bull and head, the real eye opener came at the end of the day. Working at 7 yards on an 8-inch plate from the ready I was getting easy .43 to .44 hits. This may be slow for many, but considering I hadn’t been shooting in almost two months and a long time since I worked a P7, I was pleased beyond words. This is where the P7 is a great gun. I have always found them to be easy to get hits with at speed if I don’t really think about it. The HK P7’s are very intuitive pistols to run. …

I shot it good, but my bubble was burst when I handed it off to my business partner Wayne Dobbs. Most people who know Wayne know that he is a very gifted shooter. I should know better than to hand him my new “neat gun” with three loaded magazines. Wayne simply stood about 8 yards away and dumped 25 rounds into the X-ring of a B8 target at a fairly rapid pace. Not 25 10’s, but 25 X’s…I took it away and asked him to kindly wipe the gigantic grin off his face. Simply put, the Gray Guns trigger will help a good shooter be more consistent, and allow a great shooter to do the Lord’s work."

Robb