electrical diagram for 599 seats | FerrariChat

electrical diagram for 599 seats

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by fly, Nov 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 fly, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to give me some information on how to wire up a 599 electric seat, but not in a 599, (so not plug and play). There are a bunch of wires in the plug going into the seat but all the seat controls (adjustment, heat, etc.) are on the seat itself so I was hoping it would be simply be a matter of adding power and they would work, but not sure which wires do what? Has anyone installed 599 seats in another Ferrari or other car, or have a wiring diagram for them or any other ideas? Thanks in advance…
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ... any ideas, anyone?

3. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    #3 Redneck Slim, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Put a car or motorcycle battery next to the seat and use two wires to experiment. Assume black is ground and apply positive to inputs on the harness connector to see what makes the motors operate and the seat get warm.

What car do you want to put the seats in?

4. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Walt, thanks for your reply. I'm putting them in my Testarossa and I have done exactly what you have suggested... used a battery and made up a cable with a fuse so I don't do any damage, the only problem is it didn't take long to sort out the passengers seat (US passengers seat / Australian drivers seat) but the US drivers seat / Australian passengers seat uses a CAN bus system, which also has memory controls and controls the steering column, mirrors etc. as well as the seat. I think I will have to just hard wire the circuit board in the module under the seat and bypass the printed board altogether. They are also a very high seat compared to the TR seats so I have made new lower seat mounts, which will also have to be spaced wider as the rails are wider then the original seat, but they look great so I think it's worth the headache.