Shop recommendation in Southern California please | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shop recommendation in Southern California please

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dreamcarswest, Mar 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Many service F-cars, many have NO idea what they are doing. That is what makes this site invaluable.....knowledge! The bad, good and great get noticed. The shops that repair and restore are separated from those that just replace parts.

2. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    +1 FASTCARS

3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    He is at a Calabasas Exotic outfit. Top notch, guy. Came out to my house to lend a hand one night. Kind of like a Dr. that makes house calls. +1 on the thumbs up.

Edit, im not implying that he makes house calls (sorry Damion) just wanted to give the overall pulse as to his demeanor. He knows, and cares, about the cars that he works on.

4. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R
    +!

They do my PPI's

Service my Diablo

Now there gonna clean up my Jalpa!

& great bunch of guys!

Tell 'm Raoul sent ya

5. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Talked to Rafi at R2 Racing shop...seemed very confident he could take care of the maintenace on my 07 430.... Has anyone had experience with this shop?

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  7. ricks

ricks Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Anyone had service or repairs with Giuseppe at F&M Motorsports on Pico in West LA?

8. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I'm still customer at the auto Gallery same great service and technicians...

Eric is my guy :)

That's my vote !

cheers,
    Bill

9. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

The guy has been around for 30 years. I think he knows what he is doing.

10. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I thought Auto Gallery lost the Ferrari franchise.

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What is your purpose in life, do you give blood while you're banned from here and help little old ladies across the street - or maybe you're planning to come correct sometime in the future as an organ donor?

Honest question because all you do here is waste people's time and talk ****.

12. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Actually I have a service dog and visit 2 hospitals a month. It really cheers the people up seeing the dog. And yes I am an organ donor. Thanks for your concern.

13. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Curious - Why don't owners go to the Ferrari Dealer service shop? Crazy higher prices?

14. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  15. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yes on fast cars

They are always advancing ahead of others

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't misinterpret anything I've said as concern. ;)

17. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I do !

My car has been dealer serviced since new :)

cheers,

Bill

18. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Me too. I go to Ferrari of Orange County - I only have Paul work on my car.

19. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I used to go to Ferrari of OC till my tech went out on his own and started RMT motors ports.

20. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I find that dealers can provide service that most independents can't afford.

For instance when my battery died I called Nick at the Auto Gallery.

I told him I would be able to get it started and drive it to the shop.... He said absolutely not he would send Century tow to to pick me up !

He didn't want to take a chance that the car might not make it.... I live 20 miles from the auto Gallery.

The tow was free, the battery was seven years old but still was put under a warranty so the only thing I paid for was installation.

I can't see that an independent could afford to do that.

They are no longer an authorized dealer but still provide the same level of service.

They have every diagnostic tool at their disposal, between that and the same technicians working there I'm a pretty happy guy.

Cheers,

Bill

21. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014
    Simple, Visit the shop you want them to work on your F-car, It's important if you click or don't click with them and go from there. Referrals on forums come on a slippery slope of quid pro quo. If you're worried about this and don't know where to start, go to a local dealer. "DO" make sure you're through on what needs to be done while explaining to the service writer, but in the same part its important that the service writer explains in detail on the work that will be performed and what it will cost. If you have doubt's, ask the service writer to let you come and see the work they are doing.

After the work is done and if there is an issue, you do have due recourse, as it's a dealer and kinda a security as well, no questions asked they take the car back in and fix it if it wasn't something that wasn't overlooked. I do know there are some very talented independent shops out there but you need to make sure you have a good repore with the person writing up your service invoice and the tech who is working on it.

Good luck.

22. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
  23. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    +1, Larry just completed my second major E/O service, couldn't be happier.

Been dealing with Larry for over 10 years, he spent time with me to help coach me through the Boxer buying process before I was an owner. Not only a great mechanic, more importantly a high quality individual. Vincent in his shop is a gem as well.

24. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D

I share these sentiments too. I'm coming up for my first (for me) annual service on my 360 and am still 'shopping around'. I've been following the forums for some time regarding service shop recommendations and have not quite decided with whom to go. So for now, I am most likely going to go to the dealer for the reasons above (and a few others).

I take my other cars to both independents and the dealer, depending on the rapport I have with the place as well as the guy that is working on my vehicle. I'm looking for the same with with my 360

25. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    The good independent shops I know out there also offer the warranty and security on repairs with no questions asked.