No Top Gear - This sucks! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No Top Gear - This sucks!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by drsrock, Mar 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #26 drsrock, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Dear uninformed,

I did my research. Read thru the years of Clarkson battles with libs on that side of the pond. Look at the history that Clakson had with the British media, and the parliamentary inquiries. Read the article form yesterday that calls him arrogant upper class snob. The Brits on the left hate his verbal abuse of Government intrusion into every facet of driving enjoyment. Research the taxes they are paying just to drive in the city, not to mention the Gas Tax. They hate his fight against political correctness, and unapologetic love for bruit power, and speed. They wish we all drove Priuses. It's a sin to them how me driving my 430 at speed makes some polar bears swim for it!

Ferrari said it right when they build the LaFerrari - "Ferrari is not interested in making an electric car"

Educate yourself!
    Think for yourself!
    Do you want this here?

2. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #27 drsrock, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    "you touch my stuff, and I'll kill you"

What do you expect from NYC brain washed kid. Doubt he even owns a car.

BTW, I don't think smacking someone for completely F**king up their job is the right thing to do. On 2nd thought it may be better than delicately discussing the virtues of proper work ethic, responsibility, and pride in your job so as not to hurt their feelings. As JFK said if it falls in life for you to be a garbage man than be the best Garbage man you can be(or something like that)

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Promithe thalad.
    Therve thteak inthtead.

Thlapathon thtartth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #29 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Your persecuted, off the scale success stories . . .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    One can only hope.

6. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Seriously, as soon as I see "libs" in a post, the rest of it is predictable drivel.

Clarkson acted stupidly. He seems to admit as much. For $1.5 million annually, how about not abusing the best production team in television.

All this after the "Hammond rescue" episode which was their best in a while.

7. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    The logic here is amusing in how it's informed by peoples political biases:
    "The BBC (or the dark money greenies) hated Clarkson and his values, but rather than cancelling the show outright (over any number of previous scandals), they waited until he PUNCHED A CO-WORKER to cancel the show. Because they're liberals and don't like him."

I used to work in a union shop where I was told there are only two things you'll get fired for: stealing and fighting (and they'll usually get you hired back for stealing).

If you punch a coworker, you're going to get fired from any reputable employer in the civilized world. It's not a conspiracy.

8. Seaninhongkong

Seaninhongkong Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Sean
    If it's true he punched someone over food, I wonder if he's got a drug problem. Really strange. I love the show, but hitting a coworker is absurd, again if true. What a pity.

9. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Like the show, like his on screen persona, but good riddance for his arrogance of punching someone because he's the star of the show!

10. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #35 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    True. But that doesn't undo the fact that the Leftist mentality at BBC wasn't either pressuring the show or waiting for him to do something they could fire him over that wasn't ideological in nature.

My guess would bet that all he has to do is apologize, get some rehab, and he'll be able to write his own ticket.

11. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Bring back top gear!! Has Clarkson said anything publicly since?

12. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    But there must be a liberal conspiracy... Clarkson wouldn't have punched anyone unless the liberals made him do it. ;)

13. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014
    Not many people liked Enzo, did he care ? nope, built some interesting cars of his time.

14. RockinIt

RockinIt Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    The irony is the started the season talking about the time and how long (full) season they are going to have.

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    BBC is that most PC of places. Clakson is non PC in extremis, cars are non pc, tire shredding cars are a horror to the Pc crowd, just below auto weapons. That top gear and Clarkson in particular was so popular is a slap in the face and humiliation to PC, the popularity negates any PC message. Top gear is essentialy a conterevolution and all the more glorious for it, even with its excess. Of course they had to stop it, it calls into question everythign they woudl like to have the lemmings hold as truths and shows that humans cant be civilised to be "good citizes" that barbarians still exist etc.

If you read Clarkson you see he takes the piss out of everybody, only oz rugby players are not so sensitive. He is from the upper middle class, so what, people all aspire to that.

Frankly who wouldnt want to be 50 still hanging out with their mates, insulting eachother, free of the economic handicap of earnign a living so free to insult society like college kids. Free to drink take the piss and tear up some cars while having foreign aventures. That the show existed knowing 3 people on the planet could live like that gave hope for everyone in a cubicle. In that sense it was a societal safty valve, also a beacon, therfore had to be shut down.

16. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #42 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Agreed.

BTW, the post you responded to was intended to ~read:

I accidentally typed "wasn't" for the "was" in bold.

17. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    We are facing huge transition from TV to the internet. BBC can keep Jeremy for some time in future, but sooner or later he will leave whole TV thing and transit to the YouTube or similar site. On internet you are absolutely free to say whatever you want in your videos, but also you are facing all potential problems after your words (Chris Harris was banned from testing official Ferrari cars for some time, and recently from Lamborghini).

If you are cool guy (like Chris Harris or Harry Metcalfe) wide audience on internet will recognize you and provide your way to success.

We will see when is Jeremy ready do dive in whole internet thing without big boy behind his back (BBC) to fix his "wrongly" interpreted intriguing statements during TopGear :D

18. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Here is the only fact in this thread;
    1. None of us were there.

19. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    It's always a lowlife like you to start throwing insults at members of their own group because they don't agree with you. I wish a was still a kid but obviously your ignorance wouldn't allow you to do a simple search to see if I actually "own a car". That comment alone shows the age of your mentality!

Btw, everything is not about politics, except for those who like to make excuses for people who may think like them!

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I fear TG is dead

I'd love to see Clarkson start a new better version somewhere probably minus BBC

21. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Two words:

Chris Harris.

I bet ratings would actually rise.

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    +1.

Only rub is I take Chris seriously and he's one of the most respected auto journalists in my eyes. Clarkson is entertainment, just what Top Gear is and needs.

23. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    A conservative would have taken the hit.

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yep. I think people that tune into TG looking for legitimate car reviews are looking in the wrong direction. That's not the show's intention. It's about three guys ribbing one another with cars as an afterthought. Chris Harris wouldn't be a good fit imo. 5th Gear is something with a mission like that, which is why I don't watch that.