84 Mondial QV drier replacement | FerrariChat

84 Mondial QV drier replacement

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by bigeasy, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    I have searched and did not come across any info. regarding a replacement A/C dryer for a 84 QV.(other then Orig. Ferrari $$$) All the items I have seen listed physically look different in regards to the connections. mine has the two refrigerant lines going into and out of the dryer and has the two electrical connection fittings on BOTH sides of the unit. The only units I have been able to see listed has only one electrical connection on one side. Has anyone recently sourced one for an 84 QV with R-12?

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    There is a "Help with AC Dryer" thread in the 308/328 section that might give some ideas for parts cross references.

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 soucorp, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Find a really good AC repair shop in your town. One that has been around for a while. Take the old dryer to him (or get a real good picture of it). Odds are very good he will be able to match it up or adapt one. Might check Lancia and Fiat. No one was making dryer's just for Ferraris.............

Regards,
    Jerry

5. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have replaced mine recently I can take a pic and send to U if you give me email addy
    It is aftermarket

6. fana355france

fana355france Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    nicolas
    Hello im looking for anaftermarket filter for a TR 1989 to convert it to r134 can you tell us the result ?
    thanks

7. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    Just in case anyone else is in need of an A/C drier for their Mondial, I had my original unit completely rebuilt for a total cost of $120.99 w shipping! Classic Auto Air in Tampa FL did the job fast and expertly. [email protected] or [email protected]