Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918 | Page 672 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by mpowered, Nov 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    Yes, the owner is guy called Matt and the car is the same one seen at V Max. Both the P1 and the Laferrari come with Pireli P Zeros Corsa System tyres as standard.

P1 vs 918 - Page 76 - McLaren Life

Only four laps were attempted and the tyres had already been used on two track days previously.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks. The car was driven by owner? And the P1 lap time is from when? Same day?

3. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    Matt leant the car to Evo who published an article comparing it to the Enzo. But they also took it to Anglesey and did a few laps. It was on different day (autumn) to the P1 (summer), certainly colder which may have helped power but reduced grip. Pretty impressive considering the tyres were part worn and it was a customer car with no technical support whatsoever.

4. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    I know there are plenty of variables, but for someone who has some experience, how much time would likely be gained conservatively from using brand new tires rather than tires used at two track days?

Again the time isn't entirely confirmed, but it is coming from the owner so at the very least we know the LaFerrari is in the same ballpark as the p1 and 918.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Thanks. The P1 time was done by a pro?

6. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    Jethro Bovingdon, who is one of Evo's more skillful drivers.

https://youtu.be/IiyyO7vrdiI

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #16782 REALZEUS, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Doing just 4 laps (essentially 1-2 fast laps plus a warm up and cool down) on nearly shot tyres on a cool autumn afternoon with the sun setting, having limited light and still being the fastest of the three is just mind-blowing.

8. CarMaven

CarMaven Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    With all due respect, it's easy to show up alone after the fact, when you've declined numerous track visits against the competition.

Color me unimpressed (though I have nothing against Ferrari, and respect their right to do so).

9. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    Ferrari haven't shown up after the fact, this is a customer car tested completely independently of Ferrari. More impressive than the usual factory optimized results.

10. Valkyre

Valkyre Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    That LaFerrari time sounds very impressive. Official confirmation would be great.

11. CarMaven

CarMaven Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Ok; cool.

So I guess I meant it metaphorically (the whole idea, disappointingly after the fact).

However, it sounds good.

Thanks.

12. supermafy

supermafy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2013
    Rome (it)
    I Agree

13. supermafy

supermafy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2013
    Rome (it)
    I must agree :\

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Have you read what ajjers said?

15. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    I agree that it is a shame that Ferrari declined to put the Laferrari up against the P1 and the 918 in the various tests that we've seen and I'm disappointed that the planned Top Gear head to head does not look like happening any time soon. Having said that, if the Laferrari had performed well in those test we would have had the usual accusations of Ferrari cheating. So in that sense it's actually more important to see what the customer cars are capable of.

One piece of good news is that it looks like the Laferrari, P1 and 918 will all be at V max later in the month so hopefully we'll get to see a three way drag race.

16. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014
    The source is the owner himself, a well respected poster on multiple forums. Moreover he regularly attends V max events and has posted several videos of his car in action (the drag race against the Veyron etc).

Don't think we'll be seeing Evo confirming the time. If they do it will give all the other magazines carte blanche to go around testing customer Laferrari's which unfortunately is something that Ferrari aren't willing to let happen.

17. supermafy

supermafy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2013
    Rome (it)
    Yes, but I still disagree with Ferrari

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

19. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Unless they're your own cars you never really know which ones loaded, if any.

20. Valkyre

Valkyre Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    Yes it is as good as we will get unfortunately. Not saying I do not trust owner's words, would be awesome to watch it though. Still that time in the conditions described (slightly worn tyres) sounds incredible. I honestly did not think LaFerrari would beat 918. I am very impressed.

21. Westview

Westview Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2014
  22. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Not a very impressive time unless it was done by a non-pro driver. I would suspect in a pro's hands it should be considerably faster than 1 sec over a Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

23. Valkyre

Valkyre Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    Btw do we have any information regarding Mat's LaFerrari options? For example lift system, hifi etc. that affect the overall weight?

24. Westview

Westview Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2014
  25. ajjers

ajjers Karting

May 27, 2014