Ex-Scuderia Filipinetti 275GTB Comp s/n 09079 at Bonhams Scottsdale 2015 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ex-Scuderia Filipinetti 275GTB Comp s/n 09079 at Bonhams Scottsdale 2015

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by T308, Oct 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Terra I apologize for the grammatical error and date mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Date error just makes my point about damage being damage and the cause of that damage relating to value loss in today's market perception by real check writers and FCA judging results more current and more salient. Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken but I believe the damage causing it to be re bodied from the Drogo body back to Series 1 by Lamplough to the CHRIS COX GTO pre Obery 06 correction work was caused in road accident and not in any sort of period race.

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If he owned it, I wonder if he had it insured.
    If a customer owned it, I wonder if the customer had it insured.
    Does anybody remember what the insurance company sold the burned out frame for?
    By the way last time I saw him someone was asking him to go to France to put together a Cobra that had been disassembled. I don't know if he took them up on the offer...

As far as being rebodied, if it was rebodied in Italy I would think it's a little more authentic than if it was done in the US. On the other hand on the restoration of the burned out Dick Teague Ferrari 250GT series 2 roadster, a sister car was scanned by some modern method so a modern body could be made that was an exact copy of an original so doesn't that somewhat mitigate the "rebodied" argument?

3. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Yes, Jim owned it. I went trudging through the debris the next morning (ruined a perfectly good pair of Bally shoes). Fire caused by an employee of his landlord (who also had a biz in the premises) leaving the space heater on overnight. Jim had a suit v. the landlord and eventually got some money, I think. I did not handle it. Jim's entire biz was destroyed, with many customer cars as well as others of his.