Heater control cables | FerrariChat

Heater control cables

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sean F., Mar 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    In putting back together my center console, the cable that control the hearter valve and vent controls are sticking. They were always kind of difficult to slide and I'm wondering if the just need to be replaced.

I remember reading awhile back the bicycle shifting cables are a solid substitute? Anyone replaced them?

2. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    Hi,
    I did mine just a few days ago, I used the black cable hose from the bicycle shop.
    This cable hoses having a teflon insert and you get in per meters.
    I used stainless Tig welding wire as cable ...it fits and works perfect.

3. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Some other poster, Bretm, I think, used kart throttle cables. Any thing that decreases the drag would work, but it has to be stiff enough to push the arms at the other end

4. jon s

jon s Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    pocasset ma
    Full Name:
    jon shoukimas MD
    heavy stainless big game fish leader works fine(i would guess in kansas that means the internet shop) i used berkley seastrand 0.043in diam (360 lb test). has worked for years. and since there's a picture of a fish on the package and no horse the price of the fix was perfect. cheers, jon s

5. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    .047 stainless steel spring wire from McMaster-Carr.

6. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Could any of you please post a photo or two of the heater water hose layout in the area around the temp controls in the forward compartment. Tks

Or alternatively provide a thread reference containing such a photo. I am buttoning up mine having not thinking ahead to take a pix. I am not pleased with my final hose layout result. But there are no leaks and no longer any duct tape secure the 4" heater ducting.

7. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert

Owner's manual page 45 has a schematic picture.

8. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Here are some photos.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/382457-heater-hose-tee-replacement.html