599 GTO Official Picture Thread!!!! | Page 75 | FerrariChat

599 GTO Official Picture Thread!!!!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Bronzage, Jul 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Oh yes ! probably the longest post I've seen in a Forum. But worth the reading

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Great read indeed.

3. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  4. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  5. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
  6. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
  7. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I'll say this publicly as I don't think this GTO is for me (or my friends interested in a GTO). FYI - I spoke to F of SLC last night. The GTO is technically NOT for sale yet, but the management is considering selling it. The $448K MSRP is unusually low for a GTO and this is clearly a very lightly optioned US spec GTO. In fact other than the racing livery its pretty much a stripper car. I'd also say the color spec, while far from unique, is a bit unusual (although still a beautiful GTO). From what I could glean from the salesperson, if it does get put up for sale (a big if) the final sales price will be at least $600K. A year ago the price would have been $550K. The F of SLC sales guy said if it was put up they'd be looking at a minimum of a $600K sales price - and he was pretty adamant about that. I think in current market conditions $600K is reasonable with the caveat re: minimalist options. Personally, I like a highly optioned car with all of the goodies, particularly the carbon stuff, but thats just my personal taste. When springtime hits in full swing there should be at least 7-10 US spec GTO's for sale (both publicly and privately) and hopefully the PP's will keep moving the yard stick up. Better to have a slow methodical move up the PP chain then to bubble these cars (ie. like 575SA prices which basically doubled in 1 year). If prices move up $50K per year that works for me and is sustainable. Obviously there will always be outliers with respect to PP, but IMHO the very low MSRP of this car offsets, at least in part, the zero mileage angle. What does another $40K-$50K in options from the factory do for the resale value of a GTO ? I'm no expert, but I'd think the marketplace will answer this question pretty quickly.

8. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
  9. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Was the 'Ring dry enough for Manu to set any times with the LaF?

P.S. Your GTO is lovely

10. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks!

Track was too damp at the beginning and by the time it was all dry we had to leave :(

11. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Hopefully next time then! :)

I saw Manu's new videos and they are highly entertaining as usual...especially when he does his best to make you crash his car!!

BTW, was it your GTO on that EVO head-to-head with the GT2 RS a few years ago (front cover issue)?

12. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
    No, funnily enough that car was Manu's brother car! Mine is same colour but with black wheels and black leather interior...his had lighter wheels and red alcantara interior! ;)

13. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    The issue with whoever buys it will be to drive it or not...ultimately defeats the purpose of owning one unless pure investment purpose...

14. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I concur. Whomever purchases this GTO will likely just store her away in their collection. A GTO with less than 100 miles on the odometer is by all accounts a fairly good investment. Its kind of amazing that the car was never driven/registered. That takes some serious will power ! Its also sad because its such a great driver.

15. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK