front quarter-bumpers For 1974? | FerrariChat

front quarter-bumpers For 1974?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Scott Ales, Apr 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    I would like to replace the two front bumper ends with proper Euro side marker lights.

Any possibility to find these NOS or faithful repops if that is the only answer?

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I've seen them on eBay. Also try Ferrari Parts Exchange and Eurospares.

3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Also, try FerrParts. They've provided several interesting parts for correcting mine, including a wonderfully straight front clip. Ask for Punu.

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah Ferrparts is Ferrari Parts Exchange.....they are one and the same now. I did mean to say Ferrparts. Good guys there.

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #5 OttoB, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My restorer/engineer/mad scientist/genius/anal retentive (if we own these cars, we all have some of that personality trait!)/McGuyver/ace of all spades who I have been fortunate enough to have had working on 2 cars, including my 400i, did the following.

While restoring my 400i, No. 46567, on one side, the bumper extension was fine but on the other, the housing to hold it onto the bodywork, made of metal, was somewhat corroded - likely from water not being able to adequately flow out of the constricted area. So, it became impossible to remove the metal bracing off the rubberized bumper extension and rather than source a new or used 30 year-old one which would likely be worse than mine, Michel actually built one as seen methodically and painstakingly done below, out of fiberglass. If you want a set, please PM me - the mold is already done and turnaround time would be quick.

For the record, he did not do them to sell them, but I know he can make replacement bumper extensions to look identical to the real deal, for a significant fraction of OEM new or used. You be the judge!

Also, Michel never asked me to post this, nor to offer them for sale. This was done for my car and it also serves to illustrate how much time, effort, and creativity 46567's caretaker has in order to tackle this otherwise small piece of the car. To say he's incredibly talented is an understatement. Notice he also created a crevice underneath it where the chrome piece goes - no small detail escapes him.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. theobordeaux

theobordeaux Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    #6 theobordeaux, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Just looking at replacing mine. How much would you want for a set?

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The question was not directed to anyone in particular, although if I were to surmise that you're asking if Michel would make you a pair, how much would he charge? I'll get back to you once I hear from him.

9. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    I did find a new OEM set for a touch over $1k.

The links and suggestions were very helpful!

Thanks everyone.

10. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Those look great and Id take a set. I've got new marker lights from superformance and Amber LED's that should run cooler and brighter. My old lights had melted and cracked, then corroded.

11. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Michel is a very humble, talented individual and once I told him about this link, he has remained mum with me - typical of him because he's passionate of what he does, and certainly not doing work for my cars to make a profit, but to do a great job. I ask that if anyone wants a set of the extensions, please personal message me or email me, as Michel has the molds but he's been off the radar from me once I asked him about the asking price, which would no doubt be a marginal fraction of the new/old off the shelf 30+ year old part miraculously lying around for what it would cost on a weekend vacation budget.

12. theobordeaux

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    Those who are interested in a copy fiberglass of front bumper ( support brackets included) can PM me .

13. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Is your PM box full?

14. theobordeaux

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    I just emptied.

15. Attila400

Attila400 Rookie

Feb 7, 2018
    Budapest
    Full Name:
    Attila
    Hi Theodore,

Is the fiberglass bumper offer still valid?
    Actually I would like to have only the left side bumper but if you have, I might get left and the right.

This is an old post reply but you might sitll alive:)

Thank you in advance!
    Attila