E8 code on climate control display 348 | FerrariChat

E8 code on climate control display 348

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RAYMAN, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Anybody know what this means? Came on while I had the heater running, then none of the buttons would respond.

2. GeorgW

GeorgW Karting

Jan 31, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Georg
    Hi,
    the same happens to me with my 1993 348 ts same days ago: after around 30 minutes of driving the "E8" code appears insteat of the temperature and the heater stops working.

At the next day it has self repaired overnight and everything was normaly and operating as usual.

The workshop manual says, code "E8" means "electric water pump for heating" , but maybe it was just a disfunction of the heater control unit, because it happend only one time ?

Good luck & regards from germany, Georg

3. Chuck550

Chuck550 Karting

May 15, 2001
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    "E8" is an electrical gremlin in the 348's rather crappy climate control system electronics. I used to get it occasionally on my 93 348, and the fan would start blowing unheated air. Turning the car off and restarting would sometimes reset it, sometimes not. I believe there are some posts on the old board about this, having something to do with poorly soldered connections on the circuit board for the climate control. This circuit board can be accessed by removing the center console, and I think there are also instructions for this on the old board. I remember the late Jens Haller, a great guy who loved his 348 and wanted to share everything he knew about it, had all of the connections on his climate board resoldered and it solved his "E8" problem. I would suggest that you search the old board for this issue.

4. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Very helpful thank you!

5. Triple Black

Triple Black Karting

Feb 8, 2014
    Millington TN
    Full Name:
    David S
    I've got the same code a few times now and it is not listed on My348. Does anyone have any more ideas about this , or do I need to start re-soldering the control boards and checking all the grounds.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

6. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  7. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Before doing anything crazy, first access the plug in the back of the climate control unit and wiggle it around, or unplug it and plug it back in to see if that helps. 9 times out of ten that seems to be the problem. When you see the plug its a bunch of teeny tiny connector pins. One wonders how any electrons can pass through there at all.

8. Triple Black

Triple Black Karting

Feb 8, 2014
    Millington TN
    Full Name:
    David S
    Much appreciation, Easter took all my time this weekend. I will check the electrical socket, put some Stablant 22 ( or however you spell it) on the connectors and see what happens next weekend. If I have to dig further, so be it, I hate having codes show up. I'll update as this plays out.