Maserati manuals, brochures and photos | FerrariChat

Maserati manuals, brochures and photos

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, Mar 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    As most of you know there is a substantial collection of manuals and brochures available for download free of charge.
    These can be found on this page of my website: The Car Nut - Maserati Manuals and Brochures

There are also photos that may come in handy. These can be found on this webpage:
    The Car Nut - Maserati GT Reference information

I will use this thread to post when additional manuals get posted.

If you have a manual, brochure, technical bulletin, color sample, etc that is missing on my website please take the time to scan it and send me a copy. We all benefit when information is shared.

Ivan

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  4. highwaybora

highwaybora Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    SoCal
    That you posted all those manuals and other resources for the owners and fans of the classic Maserati models, and continue to do so, is a valuable service to all. Again, many thanks.
    --Ned Evans

Oishi likes this.
  5. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Indeed, many thanks. A great service.

6. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    Ivan.
    Your contribution with posting the manuals etc is certainly a valuable source of information Without these keeping our beasts on the road would most definitely be a harder and most frustrating.
    Greg

7. PG1964

PG1964 Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2010
    Torino, Italy
    Price of the Mistral owner's manual at the 2015 Autoclassica in Milan: 500 euro !!

8. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Ivan, I have the first 3500 GT/T Tecnico and Meccanico manual printed in 1957 and some additional meccanico drawings of the 3500 GT/T and 3500 GT/A; early 1957 before a coach builder was decided upon by Maserati, in my humble archives.

Do you have these yet???

Ciao and best!

~Trev

9. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I do not have this manuals. Please scan it and e-mail me a copy. I'll be glad to post it.

Ivan

10. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The Mistral Classiche Kit contains an excellent reproduction of the Mistral owner's manual.

KIT CLASSICHE-MISTRAL - Maserati Classiche - Collection

I need to ask Fabio if they plan on making more kits. The Ghibli and 3500GT kits have not been available for some time and it would be good to have additional kits for the Khamsin, Bora, etc.

Ivan

11. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Hi Ivan

What do you think about the kits? I was thinking of getting one for the Ghibli as my car has no paperwork at all with it. I know they aren't a replacement for originals but they look nicely presented.

12. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The Ghibli kit comes with an excellent reproduction of the Ghibli SS owner's manual. That by itself is worth the cost. It also comes with a parts manual but for some reason the cover page is not in the brown color that was originally used, therefore it is not a faithful reproduction although much nicer than a MIE reprint. Bottom line ... get the kit.

Ivan

13. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Thanks Ivan, will do.

14. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ivan, I see that they have a Bora kit and you're right that the price is good considering it includes a new owners manual but ... I see that the cover is not a faithful reproduction. It has black lettering instead of white. Is that intentional to distinguish originals from the copies?

How about the feel of the paper is it the same? Is the cover glossy?

I have a manual but the cover is a bit tattered and of course the inside had been used a bit too.

Mine is bound with two brass posts as well. Did they do that too?

15. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #15 thecarnut, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bob,

I do not have the Bora kit so cannot comment as to the quality. On the Mistral kit the cover of the owners manual is glossy and the quality of the print is very good. The cover color is just a bit off and the paper size is a little smaller. Still for a reproduction not bad at all. The original Mistral owners manual did not have brass fasteners like the Bora manual. The reproduction parts manual has the brass fasteners but the cover color is wrong. It is very possible that whomever was asked to reproduced these manual did not have a good copy to work with. Perhaps the parts manual had several printings and in one of them the cover was a different color.

The Bora owner's manual that is posted on my website has black lettering on the cover. Looks like they may had a printing run with black lettering.

Today I received a response from Fabio who provided me the name of the person responsible for the Classiche Kits. Hopefully I can find out their status.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well mine was the last so by then they may indeed have switched to white lettering?

My car came with another anomaly, it had QPIII style plug wires with the large rubber boots and no Bosch ceramic connectors. I'm gonna have trouble with that at Pebble ... LOL :D

What's currently on #1044?

17. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    I had a search on the maserati website and it looks like that only the biturbo ghibli pack is available.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I thought the Bora was available when I looked last week?

19. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Bora still available but only mk2 Ghibli

20. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Looks like the Ghibli v1 Classic pack has sold out. They are looking to see if it is available anywhere in the dealer network. If anyone is aware of one It would be great to let me know.

21. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    highwaybora likes this.
  22. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Many thanks to Mike D (Mexico074) for providing manuals and paint chips that have now been posted on my website.

The new material is:
    Khamsin USA 1975 parts supplement
    Khamsin ZF S 5-24/3 gearbox service manual
    QP1 parts supplement
    Qp3 parts manual with 1982 supplement
    Biturbo 2000 service manual
    Biturbo 2500 USA parts manual
    Biturbo era paint chips

All of these, plus much more, can be found at: http://thecarnut.com/maseratimanuals.html

As always, please share any manuals or interesting factory documentation that are missing from my website. We all win if the information is digitized and made available.

Ivan

23. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Back in the 1980s and 90s the Maserati Club of North America (MOCNA) published a quarterly newsletter that sometimes contained some very interesting technical articles. I would like to scan and make available on my website some of these articles, but need to make sure I am not stepping on anyone's toes. Does anybody know if this material is either copyrighted and owned by anyone?

Ivan

24. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hi Ivan... This is a very good idea..

If I remember correctly, when MOCNA ended, I seem to recall them providing a CD
    of all their Tech articles, or something like that to their current members.. I may still have it
    somewhere...

Mike

25. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    highwaybora likes this.