More Old Photos | Page 357 | FerrariChat

More Old Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bertocchi, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    #8901 MisterEcts, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Photo credit: Y. Debraine

Caption: As darkness lifts and mist lies in the Sarthe pine forest, three of the depleted entry pass another stricken in the pits. The MG, alas, hit a dog and retired, but the Beurlys-Helde GT Ferrari and the Riley-Lumsden Lotus-Elite were lucky enough to finish. Even at this ghastly hour, a sizeable crowd is present.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    #8902 MisterEcts, Apr 16, 2015
    Photo credit: A. Guichard

Caption: By the dawn's early light, a confident Hill watches Gendebien take over the next shift on the leading Ferrari. Last year's winners, they had to retire when two laps ahead.

3. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    #8903 MisterEcts, Apr 16, 2015

Caption: Yellow Belgian and grey Swede. Arents, intent on fourth place, dives on the inside of the Nottorp / Bengston Saab who obviously hopes to do a bit of crafty slipstreaming to improve his 12th position.

4. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015

Caption: Twenty-three hours of do-or-die for old Maranello and nobody is really interested.

EDIT: So it appears that I have reached a 'limit' on photos I can attach. Supposedly there's a 7.5mb limit (ridiculous in 2015 to begin with) but according to this: Sum of all attachments owned by MisterEcts: 7.14 MB I'm still a ways away of hitting that limit.

What gives?

5. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    Hi, first many thanks for sharing!
    I suppose all of us are astonished for the almost new (for me) pics of this old time.
    When you have such kind of gift for a long time you think:"No..it is not real!!"
    For the limit, I suggest to post jpg B&W images at quality of 7 or less by Photoshop, or post a link in another place.
    Rob will for sure give you an idea!
    All the best,
    Alessandro

ps.:sorry for my English!

6. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Was gibt es?

We give you thanks for this vivid visual festival of history.

7. XTP

XTP Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Xander
    Many thanks for those beautifull pictures and the comment at the pictures.

Gr.
    Xander

8. ronnieb

ronnieb Guest

Apr 2, 2014
    All I can say is someone please help him continue.

9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    interesting note to this photo: Ferraris' race numbers are 12, 14 and 15. Superstitious, anyone?

10. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    I would certainly like to - I have much much more material unbroken from 1959-1976 and quite a lot more all the way up to the 90s - but I find it difficult to continue when the website appears to have these issues.

11. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Outstanding pics. Thanks so much!!

12. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Oh well, Ascari and the lucky pale blue helmet, AFAIK almost all racing drivers of the era (and possibly even today?) were very superstitious. So who do you think WOULD have wanted to drive the car number 13?

Heck, even today, most airplanes don't have row nr. 13 and houses in the US don't have a 13th floor. Of course they do, but it's not *called* the 13th floor. 8)

On the subject of posting photos, could someone possibly instruct him on how to use stuff like Dropbox, Piacasa, iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. and then just link the photos? I know, it can get too techy and nerdy for some people, but perhaps worth the effort? (And the results, which is more old killer photos for us all)

Cheers!

PT

13. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
  14. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    These are so cool. Thank you.

15. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow! Great pics.

16. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    I'm aware of the ability to attach links to posts, but it spoils the continuity and removes the direct viewing ability of images. Not to mention potential issues with links, and the longevity of hosted images on third party sites which may go down over time.

As a test, the image I have not managed to upload from above, and another from the following year.

Caption: Twenty-three hours of do-or-die for old Maranello and nobody is really interested.

________

Photo credit: W. Ballard

Caption: Stirling Moss whips away like an uncoiling clock spring as he sprints for the Camoradi team's 2.8-litre Maserati. This light, fast car set a new lap record and led the race for eight hours, until the rear axle failed.

17. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Once you've reached your limit, you need to subscribe to continue posting photos. Links stink IMHO. They kill a thread and are rarely active after a short period of time.

Please consider subscribing, it's not a lot.

Thanks

18. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  19. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    fantastic pics!

20. ferrari10flrb

ferrari10flrb Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    I am looking for photos of the 166 MM/225 S Berlinetta Vignale #537, chassis 0152El, Mille Miglia 1952.

In the book Red Arrows Ferraris at the Mille Miglia, there is only 1 picture of the front.

I need some photos for a 1/43 project, because there are no kits or good models of this car.

21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Wayne, I may have been at that race. During my three years - 1952-55 - at Columbia Law School and until I entered the Navy in 1956 I used to drive up to Thompson for the races; still have somewhere in my 'stuff' photos taken with my old Leica. That looks like a 3-liter Monza, maybe driven by the Texas chicken farmer.

22. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    3.5 liters, and it was the Texas chicken farmer who parked her there in the dirt after the brakes failed.

23. MisterEcts

MisterEcts Karting

Apr 8, 2015
    I agree that links are bad. I said that.

What I find troubling is that I've clearly not reached the limit on attachments. 20kb or 400kb left over, it shouldn't matter. More importantly, this is possibly the only forum I've ever seen that has such ridiculous restrictions on attachments. Dimensions limited I can just understand, keeps visibility issues from cropping up. A maximum limit on attachments though?

And then to add insult to crippling injury, I'm now asked to pay money to provide content to the forums? No, I don't think I'll be doing that, no matter that it's 'not a lot'.

24. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Some years ago Carroll was the guest of honor at a gala dinner we ran at the Saratoga Automobile Museum on whose Board I serve. Of course it was a sell-out, so much so that we admitted add'l guests and projected on a huge hanging screen in a second hall, his remarks and interview by several automotive heavyweights. Had an opportunity to meet and visit with him for a few moments afterward and learned that he, like me, is a train buff, a railroad enthusiast, and that his favorite steam locomotive is the old New York Central 4-8-4 Niagara that used to pull the Twentieth Century Limited between New York and Chicago. A fun evening.

25. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #8925 Aardy, Apr 25, 2015
    Two more pictures of the car in the book "Ferrari Tipo 166" on page 139.

One picture in the "Ferrari by Mailander" book on page 178.

This rear pic from the web, I can't remember where...