5TH ANNUAL CASTAWAY CRITTERS CAR SHOW | Page 2 | FerrariChat

5TH ANNUAL CASTAWAY CRITTERS CAR SHOW

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Mar 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis

I'd love to caravan as well, although don't feel a need to be in the super early bunch. I think it was the 2013 Harrisburg Super Cars on State St show where we met up at the rest stop on the turnpike. Don't remember the name of the rest stop or exit (don't go that way often). Anyone interested in meeting there (and remember the name)? I was thinking of getting to the show around 10am, so think would be wheels up from that rest stop around 9? Can be flexible though... Looking forward to a full car day on Saturday! 😃

2. underpressure02

underpressure02 Karting

Sep 21, 2013
    I am heading out from the reading area but will my car will be on the back of my truck. I have some guys following me out if anyone from the area wants to meet up.

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    My car is detailed and already there ;) jon gloating in Delaware

4. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Anyone from Delaware or far eastern Md area. I will be headed up 72/272 and meeting a guy Joe who has a white 308 near quarryville and out 283 near Lancaster if anyone is headed up that way, feel free to caravan with us. Will finalize logistics tomorrow night so give me a yell.

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I can head out from cars and coffee location at 8:15, if anyone wants to caravan up from there. If nobody responds I will just head up from home. Thanks,

6. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Joe, we might tail you, depending on how the rest of my day pans out today.

7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Bob - I would like to meet up with you but that would add 45 minutes to an already long day in the car. And I am NOT a morning person to get up that much earlier! Look forward to seeing everyone up there tomorrow.

Curtis

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Ok Curtis I certainly wouldn't want to interrupt that beauty sleep of yours. God knows you need it.😈

Even though the guy that I'm meeting and caravan with is in a white 308 which could make really awesome pics. But that's Ok. I can always email Gina and have her accidentally set the alarm for 4:30 AM.

See you up there buddy.

9. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Tomorrow's weather looks good, but FROST warning tonight, so a bit chilly and windy on the showfield. Tom tells me that it's a full house just about, so I expect lots of nice cars, as always. See you all up there.

10. ppod6

ppod6 Rookie

Apr 30, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    P
    so what time are we meeting at west Chester C&C tomorrow morning gents?? I would love to drive up with a group of people..

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

Wheels up 8:15?

12. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

If you're concerned about the flower bouquet that Joe Zaf is bringing for you, tell him to save them for a warmer day

13. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Joe, if you guys are wheels up at 8:15 from C&C, that should put you at the Peter J. Camiel Service Plaza on 76 (about 7 miles West of the on-ramp from Rt100) at around 8:45. I will be there then, so hopefully we can meet up there and continue on to Hershey.

Looking forward to a full fun-filled car day!

Cheers!
    Dennis

14. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Amen to that. Though I don't think I could sleep enough to make a difference!

15. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Good luck to you guys today.
    Drive safe. Have fun.
    It's a great thing you are doing for charity for both events.

16. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Tom and Betsy, another TERRIFIC show today. Best turnout and variety of cars ever. Your dedication for organizing this is much appreciated, and looking forward already to next year.

17. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Awesome show. Tons of cool cars and hope you raised plenty to help with the cats and dogs. A great cause and really nice to see a lot of folks heading off for the prom event. A good day for car stuff while supporting others.

18. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #43 kvisser, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a great time attending and judging at the Cool Cars for Cats and Canines show held at the AACA museum grounds in Hershey Pa (The Antique Automobile Club of America Museum ? Car Museum in Hershey, PA). I think we had over 140 cars registered and almost everyone showed up plus a bunch more.

Chief Judge Ed Warburton (formally known as Wetpet in these parts) gave me a call looking for some help. We had a bunch of cars to cover but we also had a really strong team of judges. And it all was for a good cause so it was fun to do.

There were some very nice cars on the field. Pretty cool to see a Superbird early in the morning.

regards

Ken Visser
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Tom and Betsy. That was a terrific event. It's always on my must must attend. Congratulations! Jon in Delaware

20. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    We would like to send out a HUGE thank you to all who helped out and participated yesterday. We had just over 200 cars on the field from all over the midatlantic region. Although the day started out unseasonably cool, the sun eventually prevailed and we were treated to a beautiful spring day. We would especially like to thank our most generous sponsors who have done so very much to afford us the privilege of saving these animals; Penn Credit, Algar Ferrari, Ahmad Zaffarese, Radcliffe Motorcar Co, Exotic Car Gear and Euromotors LLC.

The bottom line: Collectively, a record $16,500.00 was raised for "Castaway Critters". WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR THE ANIMALS

Thanks so much to each and everyone one of you who participated or helped in any way. We are so grateful for your generosity.

Tom and Betsy Clark

21. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Great to see you Ken. Between you, Ed and Art it's nice to see people that everyone knows for quite a while and to have real car experience after all these years.

22. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Tom and Betsy. It was worth the wait to finally get to the show. Had a great time and saw many old friends from this great passion we all share. Not only the cars, but the animals are a blast to see socializing and sniffing, showing their personalities around the fiend.

23. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #48 kvisser, Apr 26, 2015
    Hey Bob,

As always, great to see you as well. One of these times would actually like to sit down and actually talk for a period of time.

Over 200 cars, fantastic turn out. I look forward to next years edition. And yes, it is neat to come to these events and talk with real car folks. That's the one part I really like about judging, getting to hear the stories from the owners. Always some thing fun to learn.

24. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    #49 AlanRS, Apr 26, 2015
    This is always a great time and yesterday was no exception. Congrats on a great event.

Gina and Gibsn say thanks for helping out their friends!

25. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#50 NbyNW, Apr 26, 2015