Tourbillon Blue | FerrariChat

Tourbillon Blue

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by drew365, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Are there any owners in the L.A. area who have a car painted this color? I am currently having my car done. It had been repainted black at some point and I don't have any of the original paint to use as a comparison. The first sample they sprayed looks a little dark compared to the photos I've seen. I would really like to see a car in the flesh, if anyone would be so kind as to let me do that. Thanks.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Sorry I don't have a car to offer for sampling, but unless your car has been treated to a COMPLETE and entirely disassembled color change or restoration in the past, you might be able to find an area or several of the original paint still on it.
    Most vintage cars, including many Ferraris from mid 1960's (or so) and later, claiming a full restoration have not.
    Painter or a shop familiar with comprehensive and complete restorations should be able to figure out were to look...
    Good luck.

3. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Thanks, but it's pretty much disassembled at this time and other than very small areas of overspray, there's not much to compare too. Overspray in one door after the panel was removed is almost useable, but it doesn't look like a full coat of color. Mostly a lighter base showing. We'll keep looking.

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #4 synchro, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.