Official BMW E60 M5 Pictures from Geneva | FerrariChat

Official BMW E60 M5 Pictures from Geneva

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    #1 Ekasilicon, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    BMW: Building Moronically ugly Wankermobiles

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    NO.

B....break
    M...my
    W...window

DL

5. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I like this M5, just as I like the entire current 5 series. But then, I also like the new 7, Z4, and X3, so maybe I'm just crazy :)

But I've heard some not-so good things about the interior. My dad said he looked at one when BMW was having their program at Dodger Stadium, and that the interior was not very comfortable, and looked somewhat cheap. Anybody out there actually have one?

6. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003
    Have one what? A E60 M5 or a new 5-series?

7. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    New 5-Series

8. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't have one, but have I have sat in quite a few. I think they are comfortable and the interior looks good. The revised the iDrive from the 7 for the new 5, which is much bettet, imo. I think the interior looks good as well. That is just me though, I am biased towards BMW.

9. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Snore, zzzzzz. It certainly doesn't look like all the other 4 door sport sedans. It's styling is totally different. It has FOUR doors. And a trunk. And 4 wheels. If world supplies of Nyquil and sleeping pills ever run short, they can distribute photos of that new BMW to put people to sleep. Instead of counting sheep, just visualize long lines of BMWs slowly driving past headed toward the salvage yard.

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I think it looks good.. and if the 500hp promise ends up being reality, then it will be the car to have, IMO.

Let's just hope the price comes in at under $80k (hoping... hoping).

I'm interested in the new 6-series too. Too bad I've heard the M6 will be bordering on $100k

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Damn, how I miss the good old M5's (2000-2003) *Sigh* you will be saddly missed oh great super-sedan.

(2003 M5 RiP).

You will always be remembered in our hearts (and nerves). May we place you next to our other wonderful colleague who passed in 1997 (993 Twin Turbo 911)

*tears*

Vasco.R

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    What a POS. The E39 M5 was the ****. E60 is a bloated, funkadelic by psychotropic, futuristic pig.

Should've kept my E39... I think the E52 is BMWs best.

--Dan

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Hideous !!!

The fact that it is an "M" car is irrelevant.............you've got to look at it every day..........and your friends and people you have never met are going to judge your character and taste when you drive up in it. You probably don't dress like a weirdo from Berkley or for that matter a bum from Santa Monica.....so why would you drive something that damaged your valuable first impression sooooo much ?

The BMW sales guys I know all say...."ohhhhh...you've just got to drive it" when confronted with the new 5 series looks......to which I say........"if you had to kiss a top supermodel and then Roseanne Barr with the lights out, you'd would probably feel the same each time.......until you turned the lights on"..........

The headlights look like that Australian cross dressing comedian "Dame Edna's" eyeglass frames..........

14. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    BMW has always been my second favorite car (Ferrari #1 of course) - until this current crop (crap?) has come out starting with the new 7. I ALMOST liked the 5 until I saw the interior. The door panels especially look extremely cheap. What a shame. Looks like all the new 5 series is going to do is raise the resale of the previous gen cars.

15. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    I was loking for the E60 M5 to replace my W211 E55 next year, but the car is HIDEOUS. Notice that the PR pics are front on, so you don't see the horrific shut lines on the rear of the car. If you think they are not suited to black, wait until you spot a silver one! The car has a nice looking front, rear, rear 3/4 etc, in isolation. My theory (tongue in cheek) is that 8 separate design teams worked independently on different parts of the car, without reference to one another, then combined them together at the end, which just doesn't work. Reminds me of the first space shuttle computer systems.

16. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Thank God for Mercedes-Benz.

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The old M5 was SO distinguishable from the regular 5 series...I feel like this one is not. For one thing, where are those M - side mirrors? I loved those... Oh well...

18. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Would tend to agree with you.

Here is my dream garage:

1. Mercedes E55
    2. Ferrari 360 Spyder
    3. Enzo
    4. Black Diablo 6.0
    5. Mercedes G55
    6. McLaren F1
    7. Porsche TT (for rainy days when I need to go to the airport)

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

True C.Losito, but you know what, after the 99 model year Benz also went down. Way too much plastic and "Chrysler-ness" in them. I sell them up here in Toronto and I personally think the 99 and older are the true Benz's. The new s-class is kinda nice but very 300M ish (i wont even say Intrepid). Although the new E - class in kinda sharpe especially in AMG attire. And same goes the SL55 also pretty sweet.

BUT.......Gimme a 99 E55 or even pre 99 CL500/600 SL500/600 etc and I would be very happy.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,

Vasco.R

20. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I think the 300M is the best looking American sedan right now (even after, what, 4 years?). I was under the impression that new Chryslers were using more Benz parts, not the other way around. I'm not really certain that the Chrysler design crew had anything to do with current MB designs, but I CAN see what you mean about the S-class.

21. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

classicferrari.....

Give me a 1999 S600 any day !!!!

22. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    The pictures of the rear are out now as well at http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39596 . I must say I am surprised how much better it looks the the normal E60 5 series, but it is still not as attractive as the E39 or E34 M5 IMHO. I am sure it will grow on me with time and as it rips to 120mph in under 13 seconds:)!!!

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Mine too! Great Picks!

24. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    is that in any particular order? i mean the e55 is a great car, but i wouldn't put it ahead of the ferraris, porsche, mclaren, or lambo.

even though the e60 is a pretty radical design it still has that great bmw engine under the hood. which i heard is going to be shared with the m6. so maybe in a year or two you'll change your list up, who knows?

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Oh Yeah....now yer talkin!!!!

:)