How hard is it to order a new F12? | FerrariChat

How hard is it to order a new F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by seateddime, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I am thinking I want to sell my Cali and get a new F12, does anyone know how hard these are to order?

2. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    depends where you live. But generally, they are not hard to order at all...

Its just a matter of waiting for one. In Europe, its usually 4 months max from order date to delivery. In the U.S. I'm sure its a lot longer. Yet, with the new stronger dollar, they may start allocating more cars to the U.S. market.

3. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    most dealer get 3-5 F12's per year in the US. subject to where you are on the list will dictate how long the wait may be. fwiw, there are 42 F12's listed on cars.com

4. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I heard less than a year now in the U.S.

5. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    A pal of mine recently gave a dealer a deposit and was told to figure a year

6. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Not ordering one is much harder.

7. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Not buying an already depreaciated used one even harder

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    have f12s depreciated? how much?

9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Here in Europe, you can go in from the street and order one right off the bat. It does not matter whether or not you are a previous V12 owner, or owner of any other Fcar. But as it is now, the market and way things are done, seems to be very different in the US.

10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    One UK dealer recently sent round an email offering several unregistered cars ex-stock

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    IN the US it seems they may have started to depurate however several of the cars I have seen are 2013 vs one ordered now would be a 2016 (in all likeliness) the 13s ..
    I have of course also seen 14s probably at about list with few mile ..
    gone are the days of over list i would think ...

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They are holding better and a bit longer then the 599s which started to drop significantly barely a year after first deliveries.

13. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Possibly being the last pure aspirated v12 will keep values from plummeting too much over the next few years. Supposedly 458s are experiencing that as people complain that the 488 does not have the sounds of a naturally aspirated engine

14. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Not sure why you say that? Ferrari has clearly stated that the V12 will stay n/a. Also, it looks to me as more and more 458 owners are coming around on the 488. Just look in our 458 section, quite a few who "hated" the look and dreaded the sound is warming up to the 488. If the F12 replacement gets KERS, I seriously doubt it will matter in the same way the turbo can. It will retain the sound, the torque will be immense and it will fast as heck. What's not to like? A car like that, can only affect the F12 prices in a negative way, and I don't see any signs of the 458 is retaining value due to it being n/a either, in part due to the fact that few actually know what the 488 sounds like, and as you can see, people are coming around. Besides the 458 is way too mass produced to become some kind of rare collectible for many, many years as way over 20k cars were built. In the end, you have a few how only will want the pure n/a cars, but you'll have a lot more who will want to have the latest and greatest, fastest and most advanced car. To those. the F12 and 458 will become dated, slow and obsolete. In other words. There will be plenty of used cars to buy, which will drive prices down + there is a new generation of owners coming in, who don't mind turbos or hybrid technology as it's just part of the technology they grow up with.

15. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    All I was saying was that there is a school of thought who believe that. I agree the next generation f12 will probably have kers and will not be turbo charged. As to the 458, that thread has a lot of non believers in turbos. Truth is the F40, which was a turbo was and is a great car

16. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    in Europe.

In the US of course much less cause of the lower number. If you wanted to sell yours right now I think you could still get MSRP even with miles. But I doubt any premium.

In Europe you have already lost 70k euros. or more.

17. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    DK308: just from your post: "To those. the F12 and 458 will become dated, slow and obsolete"

This made me laugh especially "slower" Really? The F12 and 458 can go 200+mph. When is the last time you drove any car greater than 200 mph? I have never. and don't plan to.

Speed of super cars is just a manufactures drive (no pun intended) to claim they have the fastest car. Does it really matter for any street car? Where in the world can you go 200 mph for any sustained period of time?

So your point of the F12 and 458 will become slow is irrelevant.

Obsolete based on what? These cars are bought by most who really appreciate a form of art on 4 wheels. We can all define art in our own terms.

Dated, yes some art can become dated but car ART is again in the eyes of each person. To you maybe all Ferraris today are dated and that is your view and that is fine.

You and everyone else can voice there own opinion just as I have. If you have never owned a Ferrari or super car best to voice views based on facts or personal impression.

Thanks again for the Saturday chuckle.....

18. DSY

DSY Rookie

Apr 19, 2015
    I just ordered mine in March, arriving in September. I'm lucky to be in a State where demand is not as strong as in premium markets.

When I ordered the car I traded my 2012 458 and I did pretty good, but in all honesty, if I paid to much attention to depreciation I would not be buying an F12, this is one of those decisions where heart is over mind and if your mind is over your heart you probably would come to the conclusion that the bus is a better financial decision. Don't you think?

19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #19 DK308, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    I never said that I personally thought either car was slow, dated or obsolete.
    What I'm saying is, that when you speak to some owners who think the latest and greatest is the important thing to have, part of the discussions often fall on the performance and looks of the car. Don't tell me you haven't heard someone say that a 360 is slow compared to a 430 and so on, or that so and so car didn't make so and so car look old or dated - heck in the 458/488 section the discussion of whether the 458 is timeless or dated has already been up. I think the F12 is very fast and great looking, and while not an owner, yes I've driven more than one. I think the 458 will stand the test of time in the look department, but fact is, that something faster will come along, and as far as the 458, it already has and people are starting taking a liking to the 488.

EDIT: Apologies for getting the thread off topic.

20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    to the op I am sorry we got off track re your post how hard is it to order a new F12 today if you are in the US and have bought a new car before I think it would not be very hard that is it might be a year or a little less from the time you make yourself known that you are serious.. who knows you might have it in 6 months doubt much longer or much less...

21. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good prices ?

22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    All about GBP 290 000 - possibly list

23. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    To your point. - Last summer I asked my dealer the chances of getting an f12. I have done business with him for 20 years and his response was that if he got an extra allocation it would be mine. He gets three/four cars a year. In November he told me we could order what was supposed to be a march production. If we hadn't done a lot of customization and triple layer paint it would have been in next month. With a relationship and a little luck the time frame can change

24. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    The stock of low mileage, highly optioned none storied 458's in the EU is lower than you think.

25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    True. Two main reasons.

First the 599 lived through a major recession.

Second they are holding the supply of the F12 in the US a little tighter.

Results are predictable.

I think the F12 is going to perform about the same as the 550, 575, 599 before it. The special model will hold up better.

As for getting an F12, I think you might have to hunt around but you will likely find a dealer that will let you order one either now or soon.