F35 does loop on take off? I say this is fake | FerrariChat

F35 does loop on take off? I say this is fake

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150113735642761

I get distracted by emails like this and had to post! Below is the email.

Read this text before watching the video; F-35 unintentional loop at takeoff on a carrier.

This guy clearly has brass and you know the sailors on the flight deck had a cow when they saw this unfold in front of them. Intentional? Hardly! This is unbelievable! F-35 unintentional loop at takeoff. A real "check your laundry" event.

A supremely well-trained US Navy pilot, ice running in his veins instead of blood, fully regains control of his $70 million, F-35 joint strike force fighter, after a problematic vertical take-off attempt... Watch as the rear vertical thruster fires to cause the problem.
    There's nothing about this the pilot enjoys. If he could have ejected at 100' upside down and lived, he would have. Looks like the afterburner kicks in while still vectored for vertical takeoff. Lockheed would call this a "software malfunction" and do a little more "regressive testing". This is a good demonstration of power-to-weight ratio of this aircraft! And talk about stability control... wow!

If he didn't come out of the loop wings-level, it probably would have been bad news; maybe taking some of the carrier with him!

Add to this flying through your own exhaust, which can lead to equipment malfunctions, as in "flame out". The F-35 is single engine aircraft with vertical takeoff/landing capability, but it has the aerodynamics of a Steinway piano at zero airspeed. This is the most unbelievable piece of flying you will ever see in your life.

This guy's coolness saved a 70 million-dollar aircraft! On the other hand, he might not have had time to react to anything except just ride it.
    I bet you'll watch it at least 2 times!

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I figured, also I started thinking that this is old news...thanks

3. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
  4. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    These planes are a colossal waste of money.

5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Actually, it's where I prefer my tax dollars to go rather than wasting it on people who don't want to work for a living.

6. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    True. Mainly because they are crap.

Also true, funnily enough.

7. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    Well, I respectfully disagree. The working poor of this country could benefit greatly from evolved spending priorities. While I generally don't support Liberal spending agendas I believe the Industrial-Military complex has way too much control and authority regarding this spending.

Suppose you took 1/2 of the 400 billion already spent on this one plane and instead invested it into infrastructure support. I'm not even talking about the rest of the military (don't get me started) - just this one plane. You put a lot of people to work - many of them poor and needy - and by doing so you increase their quality of life and at the same time markedly improve the quality of life of you and me. I know these guys are pretty liberal but take a look at this: The Short- and Long-Term Impact of Infrastructure Investments on Employment and Economic Activity in the U.S. Economy | Economic Policy Institute

So what is a better way to spend 400 billion? On a plane that can't fly and more instruments of war? Or on you and your neighbor - better roads, trains, airports, sewers, electrical grids?

8. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Or......they could wait to have children, work their way through school, get a better job that can actually support a family, and then start a family. Then we'd have a great economy and a well equipped military to protect us. That's what I did, and it wasn't really that difficult to figure out. Throwing money at a problem will never solve it.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    When you find 269 people capable of winning a seat in Washington that publically agree with you it might just happen.

Until then I'll just go with reality.

10. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    So stupid spending of defense dollars is a good thing?

Sorry, stupid spending is stupid spending no matter which department does it.

Logic like yours keeps us in this mess.

11. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I was simply replying to an ignorant comment, but thanks for the insult. If I had the choice, I would not have gone with the F-35 program. The plane itself is an amazing piece of technology, but the bureaucratic system of development/implementation sent the price tag soaring as usual. Was the money spent "stupidly"? Sure, I'll agree with you on that. At least we as tax payers got something for it. I see them training every time I go into Eglin AFB.

12. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Fake BS. Fakery in the media is everywhere... ;)

Almost nothing on television/computers is not manipulated (or in many instances, completely fabricated) at this point.

You're presupposing that people who live in poverty have the disposition, community support, and mental and emotional capacities to make the wiser decisions that you made. That is usually not the case. Poverty is the byproduct of deeper relational/communal problems, and it is therefore extremely generational and cyclical. It is also incredibly isolating.

People who "throw money" at those who are in poverty understand those dynamics, and while they might not have the best governmental and law enforcement systems to work with, and they also understand that the "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality is a joke. No one gets anywhere alone, you included. Money is just a means to establishing better relationships and community.

I'd rather spend money on that than on fake airplanes. ;)

13. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    First paragraph is spot on. The second, I somewhat agree with. I do believe that everyone who has made it for themselves has had a hand along the way, but that's very different from a hand out. I believe we need to maintain a welfare system, but not the one we currently have.

14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #15 Rifledriver, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    I agree with both but as long as we have career politicians we won't be fixing anything of substance. Decisions are made based on money and votes, not smart policy. No one gets reelected supporting smart policy. Until we can convince voters it is not a case of one party good, the other party bad we will never have a prayer of fixing the underlying problem.

15. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    100% agree

16. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Before reading snopes I was going to say this is Battlefield 2. I played that game way too much while I was in college.