Ferrari of central NJ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of central NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    That place is a joke never had a good experience there.

2. NJFerrariFan

NJFerrariFan Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    Tri-State Area
    Full Name:
    A1 Exotics
    Agreed. They brought in a few Toyota / Honda lower level guys to sell Ferrari's. Pretty horrendous in my experience.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You know, it's kinda funny, years ago back when Chris Miele was the manager, he used to throw F1 events - didn't matter what time the race came on either, he'd open the showroom and the lounge. I remember, on several occasions, getting a phone call from Chris at like 10 or 11 at night:

"Hey, Carb, you comin'?"

"Coming where?"

"The showroom! The race starts in two hours!"

If the race was in Asia, he'd leave his house and his family to open the dealership, and a bunch of customers would show up and watch the race from midnight to four in the morning. It took me a while to get used to him - I always thought he wanted me to do something or bring something - but he just wanted me to have a good time; he just wanted everyone to have a good time. He'd put out a big spread and everyone would have a good time. He took care of his customers - but he also took good care of his friends. I'd get there and he'd pull me aside and say, "Hey, Carb, I wanna show you something..." And he'd show me some unique Ferrari that was just traded in, or he'd take me in the back and show me some rare car that was in for service. It didn't matter that I wasn't a customer; he loved the marque, he knew I loved the marque, and he loved sharing that passion with me.

After Chris left, things were never really the same at Ferrari of Central New Jersey, because he was the original guy who started the place and that special vibe, and it was never quite the same after he was gone. Chris was a workaholic, and he was always on call, 24/7/365, and that's why FoCNJ was so successful.

Joe is great, don't get me wrong, he's just not on Miele's level when it comes to Ferrari. Period. Miele is legendary.

Miele is a hell of a guy, and he went out of his way for anyone - including me, on more occasions than I can remember. But he didn't take any bull**** from anyone, not even customers. He was always on the level, and he always kept it real. If you were honest and upfront with him, you had a friend for life. It's a shame that a lot of the great Ferrari guys have moved on, and other companies have scooped them up, and now they're doing magical things over at those other marques. I felt personally slighted when Chris left, and I know I'm not the only one.

But why is he gone? When Penske stock was getting killed a few years ago, his financial advisors wanted to back into a number, hence cutting compensation across the country. No joke. Point blank, Miele was the best Ferrari guy in the country, bar none. He knew everything about every car, and don't let anyone tell you any different. Now he's gone, and not even a whole team of people can equal the magic he created when he was there ...and that's what happens when you get rid of a great guy. I hope they realize what they've done; although it's too little too late, because a guy like Miele comes along but once in a lifetime.

4. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Gotta second everything Carbon said. The place is just not the same but pretty much dead now. After Miele left they had a couple events but attendance was minimal and mostly all new faces. Since then nothing. As a customer there since 2004 I was basically forgotten. No correspondence, no mailers, no invites, no nothing. Basically the opposite from when Miele and Collado ran the place. They had the best crew going with Danny, Charlie, Nicole, Jackie, and everybody else. It was a place you wanted to stop by and hang out at. Even in the middle of the day on an empty weekday you could stop in and hang out and Chris and the guys would show you some new stuff that came in or take you back in service and show you what they were working on, it really made you feel like family. A Ferrari dealership is not and should not feel like a typical dealership. It's all about passion and relationships and Miele knew this. The guy had passion in spades and it overflowed and consumed everyone there, from the staff to the customers. The vibe they had going was unreal, people couldn't wait to go to an event there and it was basically the EC unofficial hangout and meeting place. I met so many great people and enthusiasts through the dealership back then. Friends I still have today. Chris just knew what it took to make a great dealership and he made it happen going above and beyond. One night after a late night F1 race viewing event we all hung out to 3am while Chris helped a customer finalize an order, it was crazy but back then it was normal. Chris was regularly working at the dealership two or three hours past close, his dedication was beyond reproach just as his love for the marque was beyond reproach.
    I look back on those years and think about how much fun it was. At the time we all thought it would last forever but things change and not always for the better. I hope FoCNJ comes back, they have a lot of work to do.

5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Wow never got I meet the guy when I went there looking for a 430 it was already 2012 and I don't think he was there. However everyone else I dealt with I felt like they knew very little about the car and they were sleazy like used car dealership guys not Ferrari guys. I couldent even get a call back from those guys as to a price quote. Since then I have bought a 430 a Scud and SLS AMG. Some knowledge courtesy and respect go a long way!!!!

6. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Yup. Sounds like my experience with them. Penske would upset if he knew how poorly run the place is now

7. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Penske knows everything that goes on there, he allowed it to get the way it is. If you ask me the problem starts at the top.

8. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    That's pretty bad. It's a shame to have a dealership that is mostly useless for Many NJ customers.

The pattern of not getting back to customers is inexcusable. If I owned the place I'd let somebody make that mistake once. Second time they could find a new job. Those sales guys I want at my competitors shops, not mine. I'd pay to plant them elsewhere because those people in another competing dealership would only help mine.

9. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I wasn't going to post on this thread but I will give my opinion.

I went to this dealership multiple times last year, as a non paying costumer. Every time the contact was cordial, there are good guys working there. From a business point of view, I believe the level of contact will vary depending on sales history with customer.

There was a vibe given off that salesmen are about......sales. No harm, no foul. As a non paying costumer one can appreciate the privilege to stop by and glance at cars without any negativity. Expecting anything beyond that is a dream. I don't plan to go back there anytime soon though because car viewing gets old.

Long story short, Ferrari is a brand that sells itself and I don't believe that dealership is losing allocations on premium models. If there was a huge issue on customer relations I'm sure the guys up top would of changed personnel.

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Read the previous posts their turnover rate is rediculous!

11. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I was speaking from an enthusiast point of view, sales and service isn't my lane :)

12. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    The fact that nobody from FoCNJ has seen/responded to this thread speaks volumes...
    Seriously, the TITLE of the thread is the dealership name... on the biggest Ferrari forum on the internet.

Either they haven't seen the thread because they have no internet presence... which is just laughable....
    Or .... they have seen it, and have no response.

Just Sad Really...

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Everything you, Carbon and others say is 100% correct.

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1
    When I bought my first F430 from them back in 2008 they were very active in the fchat. That was when Chris Miele was still there with them. Things were very different. It's sad because it's a nice dealership, great facilities with a lot of potential.

15. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Does any know where Chris landed ?

16. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    He is at paul miller Rolls Royce in north jersey

17. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Ironically I bumped into Miele at a Miller event just this morning.

Apparently he's working his magic for the Rolls brand now, and doing an excellent job of it.

He gave me the nickel tour of a gorgeous Drophead Coupe

He looked like a million bucks... same high level energy, enthusiasm and charm... a true gentleman.

It was great catching up and reminiscing with him about the CNJ days that Carbon and Ring mention above.

18. FazTaz

FazTaz Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Chris is at Paul Miller and doing a great job in his new setting. I stopped by last month to talk shop and was reminded of how genuine of a person he is.

19. gmoney56

gmoney56 Karting

Dec 14, 2009
    Chris Miele was the best car and Ferrari dealer out there.Always was helpful and
    returned your call.Have had numerous dealings with him and was always quick to
    respond.Now getting a return phone call from Central N.J.requires a miracle.AS a board member of the FCA ,I wouldn't being referring guys there when they need a recommendation.

20. ferrari458sv

ferrari458sv Rookie

May 27, 2013
    new Jersey
    Full Name:
    ghost sv
    Agreed the shop foreman from the original crew left around Jan 2013 ... found out he's working at J. Scuderia Automotive. Check out their site Home - J. Scuderia Automotive

21. TestaDura

TestaDura Rookie

Jan 3, 2011
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Word has it he was doing work in the shop after hours thru the night and was shown the door...KaRmA

22. ferrari458sv

ferrari458sv Rookie

May 27, 2013
    new Jersey
    Full Name:
    ghost sv
    NO TesTaDura... and then the place fell apart...now thats Karma.

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    So true. Chris was the absolute best. I wish he were still at a Ferrari dealership but instead he's at Rolls Royce now. I still talk to him regularly and if he ends up at another Ferrari dealer at some point as the GM, I am sure that he will make it into the premiere Ferrari franchise in the US.

Here's a post I made about him years ago after I bought my Daytona from FoCNJ:

https://ferrarichat.com/forum/new-york-tri-state-sponsored-bradan/393282-word-thanks-chris-miele.html

24. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Gorgeous day today in NJ. Decided to take the 458 Spider out and stretch its legs & stopped by to see Chris Miele today at Paul Miller Rolls Royce.

He is doing a fantastic job there running the place as I would have expected him to be. Was great catching up with him on cars, work and life.

Ironically, while I was sitting there at his desk talking to him, ANOTHER disgruntled Ferrari of Central Jersey customer (I think ex-customer now) called him. I won't get into details but it seems things have not improved at Central Jersey but I cannot say I am too surprised. I wonder how long they can continue to treat customers this way there in Edison?

Anyway so glad to see Chris is doing well. He is a treasure trove of information on Ferraris, Rolls, Bentleys and as you posted he is a genuine person who always has time to help or answer any questions. I look forward to doing business with him at Paul Miller. He taught me something cool I didn't even know about Rolls. Those umbrella holders in the doors....they have dryers built into them!

25. excoachworks

excoachworks Rookie

Oct 16, 2007
    florham park, nj
    Full Name:
    amato petrillo
    Pat Cianci all the way. he goes above and beyond for his clients, all who have purchased a car from him know this. His experience with Ferrari has earned him the respect and recognition all the way to Maranello not just with the factory but also with Ferrari associated company's in Italy.