F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Mercedes have a real world class driver that would have trashed the field in such a superior car (as he showed 40 years ago)...unfortunatly for them he retired 30 years ago...

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hamilton must have been in real tire trouble to make that stop, that's the only explanation, Nico and Seb could have driven a lot faster but they knew it would be hard to overtake so they kept the tires....but we all know Hamilton was never good at this...

3. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    amazing how bias colours so much said here.

1- I personally abhor LH, but I just watched him tap Niko on podium, shake his hand and congratulate him. Pure class
    2- I heard Niko say in the interview he was totally lucky today, that LH was faster
    3- Heard LH handle the interview with absolute control and grace

Congratulations to both drivers for handling a bad situation well.

LH, you have gone way up in my estimation, sir.

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I actually thought that was pretty clever. I never would have thought he had enough imagination to make a statement like that. (Assuming he did it on purpose. Maybe he was still sobbing and didn't see it standing there.)

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Imagine if it had been Nico.....toil would have said that it was another demonstration of his poor racecraft compared to Lewis.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Ya think! ;)

Other than a few one eyed fanbois, easily ignored if folk stop quoting their nonsense, I think it's not a bad crew here..... "Bias" is fine IMO, blind love/hate not so much.

It's a shame a few idiots crap up the place, but it is what it is - A pretty open and tolerant forum.

+1

I certainly don't abhor him, just not a fan. He got hosed (hosed himself?) today, but as has been said many times, "that's racing"..... On to Montreal and (hopefully?) some real time updates from Isobel! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Is that what people are saying? "The fault all lies with Hamilton"?? really? that's how you read the comments here?

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Roflmao.

Come on guys, surely this was Bernie's doing to spice up a boring year
    Pete

9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    If Lewis' behavior today fits your definition of "pure class", we must look like a room full of James Bonds to you!

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Toil was never going to pass Vettel. Mansell could not pass Senna many years ago ... easiest track to maintain position on.
    Pete

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I can't remember another team doing that

Sure plenty of drivers are told to let their team mate through because he's on a different strategy but to have Kyvat move over at Monaco of all places to let Dan have a crack at the leaders, THEN for Dan to hand the place back to Kyvat at the end was great sportsmanship in my book .... they must get on VERY well

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    :D

^^^^^^ this :p

Class is the last word you think of with Hamilton or this lot :D:D

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Neubauer is still spinning.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I was not able to watch the race due to work but I have the impression I did not miss to much beside the Mercedes strategy mistake...
    Whose fault it was will most likely never be known for sure but more interesting to me is the fact that Hamilton fans fundamentally exclude the possibility that it might have been his (like with the "start issues" two weeks ago)...So it does not look like Lewis is a bad looser to me but his fans, looking for the mistake by someone different to take away any blame from him...

15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Why is everyone fixating on Merc? They didn't make the biggest mistake today. That honor goes to Ferrari. Had they taken advantage of the undercut and brought Seb in when he was less than 1 second behind Rosberg who was also in traffic, we would have been toasting another victory for the Scuderia. A golden opportunity missed.

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I always use closed caption which works even if there is no audio. I can even understand the transmissions between driver and crew which i miss 90% using just audio.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

How could you be that lucky? :)

18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It seems to me that most have conceded there is mutual culpability, as has Hamilton himself, and acknowledge that mistakes like that unfortunately happen but you move on to the next race (again, as has LH).

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm trying to understand the logic.

So Lewis thought the others had pitted......that would have put them well behind him in traffic if he didn't stop, and at Monaco. Lewis on brand new supersoft tyres couldn't get past Vettel, so why would he and the team have assumed that with new tyres, and in traffic, Nico or Vettel could have got anywhere near him, never mind overtake??

There's just no logic to this.

One plus was that Lewis was smart enough not to try anything desperate. Good driving by all of them I thought.

He's still leading the championship and he's still faster, mostly, than any other driver/car combo.

20. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    No, it's just that our expectations are so low.....:)

21. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I didn't hear any of the transmissions between Lewis and his crew at the end of the race, but for the next couple of weeks until Montreal, Lewis will hear this in his nightmares, "OK, Lewis, box, box, box!"

As for how Lewis handled it afterwards, I thought he did about as well as he could. It was a colossal mistake that cost him the race. He must have been fuming inside, yet he managed to be gracious to his team, shook hands and congratulated Nico, and did not spout off. Now imagine if this had happened to Kimi...

22. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Smart. I'll do this for the next race.

I've been getting lucky like this over the past couple of months. I was waiting watching one of the soccer games waiting. Switched to another channel and when I switched back no audio. Thankfully it was there when I played through the DVR.

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I admit that I was impressed by Hamilton's attitude after the race.
    He was very gracious towards Rosberg and philosophical about the whole incident.
    Yet he was robbed from a certain victory by a team mistake.
    Are we witnessing Lewis Hamilton growing up?

24. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    There you go again making sense.

Given the situation he was a lot calmer than most drivers would have been. Given his petulant history I was impressed.

Best was Seb's "I'm happy" comment. Not enough joy in F1.

25. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I for one hope Hami has lots of practice being a good loser. :D