CIAO | FerrariChat

CIAO

Discussion in '360/430' started by English Rebel, May 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Said goodbye to the Ferrari on Monday when Steve from Sport Auto picked it up from my house. The garage space is now occupied by a 2015 Corvette Stingray 8 speed auto coupe with the 3LT interior package in Crystal Red with black Napa leather interior.
    So far am very pleased. This is my first new car in 34 years and my first American car in 43 years. I had forgotten the new car smell. :)
    Loved the Ferrari experience but it was time to move on.
    Ciao
    Alan

2. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Good luck with the new ride - although obtainable here in the UK you don't see many but I hear the new Corvette is pretty special.

Look forward to some pictures perhaps and the odd up date on comparisons between life with the Fezza and the new steer.

Have fun.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Alan,

Don't be a stranger, it was nice having you around the forum.

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Good luck Alan! Best wishes and please don't be a stranger...

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    After 2100+ posts, your humor and insight will be missed. Best of luck with the Vette. I'm sure its in good hands.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats on the new experience.

7. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Best of luck with the vette Alan, always enjoyed your posts!

8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Thanks guys, I'll drop by from time to time.
    Alan

9. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I considered the new z06 instead of my 360, and I am sure it will wipe the floor (even the regular corvette will) with my car, but the lines and the Ferrari meaning is just in another league. Enjoy your corvette I think is the best bang for the buck out there. At least you have 3 years of peace of mind now (warranty)
    What made you pull the trigger for a corvette if you were looking at astons? The new car smell??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    That was fast sell. What made You switch to Vette? After having F1 I can't see automatic being as satistfying .

there a Vette in my future also.

11. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Best wishes, and your input in the 360 forum will hopefully continue, I have appreciated your posts.

12. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Way to go man. Change is good!
    It'd be great to get your feed back on what the new car's like.
    Best of luck

13. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Enjoy the new car. Hope to see you back here in the future.

14. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Congrats on Vette. Hard to pass up the level of performance for the cost.

15. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    why corvette over 360?
    i still rather have my manual 360 over a new z06.

16. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I did look at Astons but couldn't find what I liked. In the end it came down to cost of ownership. I knew the Ferrari would not be cheap to run but after spending close to $8k in 20 months I wanted something that if it broke I could just tell the dealer to fix it knowing my cost was $0. In looking at the new cars out there the Stingray was the only one that came close to the performance of the Ferrari and to be honest I love the lines.
    My experience with the 360 will always be with me as it was a lifelong ambition. But time to move on. So far the paddle shifting of the Vette is as fast if not faster than the F1 of the 360 and it certainly doesn't lack any power.
    Alan

17. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    ^ oh no!! man.... you made a mistake :/ haha jk congrats and enjoy what you like!

18. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

Well it is an 8 speed automatic gearbox with a torque converter so obviously it will be faster than an automated manual with a robot shifting for you.
    Now the main question is, is it nicer to drive than a dual clutch automatic transmission (offered by the competition)
    Enjoy the vette, I really really like it
    I would have gotten the Z06 manual though

19. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    i agree with you, service is killer

20. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    #20 Deiger, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Alan, right there with you. I said good-bye to my 6 speed gated spider about a month ago. With routine maintenance and bringing everything back up to like new condition. With that said I passed her on to a new family. I tell you she was a "10" when she left!!

Hopefully, we will still see each other around the Carolinas!

Take care!!

Deiger

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! Enjoy the new Vette. That is a sweet car!

22. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Congrats. I saw the same vette with egg yellow and black scheme. Loud exhaust. It was bad (in a good way) and an eye catcher.

23. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Love the C7. Solid choice.

24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Congrats Alan! Enjoy your new ride!

As some of you may know, member Fernando/feralc purchased my 2003 360 Spider a little over a month ago now.

Similar to Alan, been there, done that, I enjoyed every mile I put in on my 360 Spider but it was time for a new car.
    $20K in maintenance and repairs on my 360 in 14 months ownership is a little too high for me so it was time for another car that cost less to keep and maintain. (Plus I spent another $5K in upgrades.)

A month ago now I purchased a brand new 2015 BMW M4. It had 7 miles on the clock when I bought it.
    What an amazing car to drive. The M4 is very powerful (425hp, 406 lb/ft of torque), lightweight (3,500 lbs) and nimble. 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds.

Best part - 4 year warranty maintenance included so i am worry free for the next 4 years. I can save that 25 grand a year and have $100K in my pocket in 4 years and perhaps buy another car.

All the best to you Alan! Hello to everyone!

Dan

25. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Dan - I wish you the best with your BMW but I own my car because it has soul, not because it costs a lot to maintain. There are a LOT of cars out there, M4's, R8's, etc etc that are within reach but who cares? A Subaru Sti that can out perform our cars can be had with a 10 year warrent y for $40K new. New Porsche's have them, as do new Corvettes... which will out perform a 360 in every way. I sat in my car, after owning a lot of others, and felt embedded in Ferrari lore. I know many feel this way. I hear it every time i pass the 5000 RPM mark...