Anyone know this Blue America F12? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this Blue America F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by galt, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
  2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Looks nice!
    Is it me or does that price seem a little low?

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm in love.

:)

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Stunning...wow!

5. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Beautiful car.

This is a guess/reach, but FNA had an identically spec'd car as part of their demo and press fleet in early 2013. I know because I drove it at Sonoma, and they let my wife take it for the better part of a day. Appears sold "new" with 2,800 miles and then to a corporate owner (Which could be someone's LLC). At the time (April 2013) there were a ton of pics of this car posted in the SF Region as the car (or it's identical twin) was displayed at the Sonoma Ferrari Challenge weekend.

This car inspired us to ALMOST get our F12 in Blue America, it's a great color.

6. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous color combination.

7. ntlr

ntlr Karting

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    I saw one that looked identical to that at Ferrari of SF, and was seriously considering it (thought it was a 2014, otherwise I'd say it's the same car). Gorgeous in person and almost bought it, but then found a Superamerica. If we decide to get an F12, it will probably be in this color.

8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Amazing. If i didn't already have one I think I'd buy it! Almost perfect spec, personally I would have done no shields for such an elegant combo but i know most folks like the shields.

9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Whilst visiting the USA I saw the car if Ferrari of Sf and have to say was impressed by the colour. if I change my F12 I will almost certainly choose it. It is black in dull light and a rich blue in sun. Very classy.

10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Thanks. I think that makes sense--pretty good chance it is the same car.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What is the difference between this color and tdf? Tdf is more metallic?

12. Petrol

Petrol Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Looks darker than TDF. Haven't seen it in person, but in the pictures it looks like a metallic version of Pozzi Blu.

13. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
  14. ateless

ateless Karting

Apr 20, 2012
    I did not know the Blu America and it is one of the most beautiful blues .. Why did they take it out ? Cheers

15. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

I was actually at Naples Motorsport yesterday to look at a different car. Before I left I checked out this F12. The car was inside but you could still see the richness of the color, it was really nice, and the interior was a perfect combination.

16. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    Oof. I'd really want to have this thing checked out stem-to-stern before I thought about buying it. Demo car + press fleet car = extreme wear, in my experience.

That said....ooh. Dat blue, tho. :)

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes press / demo cars are often driven hard and put away wet. They also often get more servicing done as a form of cheap insurance.

Beautiful.

18. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I guess journalists have zero incentive to avoid thrashing the cars. I wonder how many of those miles are demo miles. 1

19. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I guess journalists have zero incentive to avoid thrashing the cars. I wonder how many of those miles are demo/journalist miles.

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    That car is so bullet proof I don't think it matters how it has been driven. I have tried to drive mine as hard as my mediocre driving skills would allow and it doesn't even break a sweat.

21. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    FWIW I have one experience in which I bought a Ferrari that had been tested by journalists. The car was a 512BB. And while it is basically bulletproof, one of the synchronizers was shot, probably due to maltreatment in acceleration runs.

I think one has to expect some kind of glitch due to maltreatment.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes I think you have to expect these cars to have been driven hard- and likely harder and more consistently harder than most owners would do in the short time.

I know Ferrari is different from other companies, but other companies I have experience with will replace (not inclusive list): clutches, tires, brake discs, pads, do full maintenance, etc before turning the car out on the market so none of this would bite them later. Can you imagine the bad PR if something really bad happened? Its not worth it. Also if this was a press car, it might actually have a few extra HP... ;)

What I'm saying is if the car passes a PPI, I wouldn't worry too much. And if you don't get a PPI on any car, then the joke's on you.

23. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Available again at $213,000 w/7,300 mi....

I found this VIN, newly listed at Naples Luxury Imports without pics, and while looking for photos and more info, stumbled onto this thread. I've been contemplating a lightly used F12 replacement for my F430 Spider. Wanted to stay with Grigio Silverstone & Rosso, but this color combo really knocked my sox off. The "press car" history causes a little discomfort, but then I am tooling around in a 430 :rolleyes:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

KY _Soldier likes this.
  24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Blu america on Cuoio looks fabulous

Nicolas21 likes this.
  25. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Wow, just realized I spelled socks "sox!" Not so early dementia I guess - thanks for nothing Grammarly.