CS Market | Page 294 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    U.S. Stock CS sounds good enough for me don't see any real reason to mess with perfection. :)

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I've never heard of that problem. I'll ask my mechanic. I put 18,000 miles on each of my Stradales and they run perfectly. No issues at all.

3. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    The CS has the same problem. Only US 360s without pre-cats are 99's. In addition to the sound difference, I also noticed a considerable difference in throttle response. As to what the failure rate is, hard to say. Some folks say don't worry about problems before they happen, others say better to be safe than sorry.

4. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

U must have a hard of hearing… ;)

5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    If that's the case, I'd rather be safe than sorry. The question is, how do you prevent this from happening ?

6. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    #7331 Jagbuff, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ...mine had that problem, so I switched to Fabspeed headers, much better sound BTW.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks for your post. Would you eleborate as to how you discovered this, symptoms, mileage, etc. ?

Thanks,

Skipp

8. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    Notice any performance difference? CEL issues? I've been concerned about this header issue and have considered replacing them but would like to keep it original. Any other options out there, like having precats removed?

9. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
  10. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Looked at it on Saturday, pristine in every way- the nicest example I've ever seen. Also highly recommend the dealer.

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I know that CS well. Owner was meticulous. Someone is going to get a gem.

12. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

++ CS

13. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    not to highjack the thread - here is a link the part of the reason, apparently a problem with some 360s which can cause a lean condition which is compensated and potentially damage the precats..http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/322001-gasket-sucked.html

14. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #7339 Mikestradale, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice, thanks for posting. That car looks in perfect condition!

It's the 600th Stradale that I can add to the registry. Quite a milestone. 244 US cars in the registry now. Only ~120 US cars left I still need to find/add :) Thanks for all the help I've received from Fchat over the years. I've started this site in Feb 2011 as a hobby and it's a lot of fun to do. My website is still 100% free for everyone, thanks to Karl / KJM3SMG. He is so kind to host the registry for free for the last 2 years: PowerStormTech

ZFFDU57A940138435

Rosso Scuderia
    Red-black alcantara
    No stripe
    Radio
    Fire extinguisher
    Rosso Scuderia calipers
    Space saver wheel kit

Mileage 5392 miles
    Asking price $299900

Link to registry: Challenge-Stradale.com - Ferrari 360 CS VIN 138435
    Link to dealer ad: Used 2004 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale for sale in West Chester, PA | UDrive Automobiles

15. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    guys when you've replaced your clutches on the CS have you gone with standard or is there a better alternative?

16. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    North American destined Stradale's have pre-cats, mine is a North American destined car but of Canadien Nationality.

I had European Stradale headers on my 355 and they visually looked almost the same as the stock headers on the 355.

You can easily determine if you have pre-cats in your headers based on not being able to see the outline of the individual header tubes within the heat shield.

17. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Can,t wait till the Scuderia get more in few years

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Are Euro Stradale headers the answer for us in the US ? Rather than after market ? Will they pass emissions, require ECU reflash ?

I also have a 355. How did the Euro Stradale headers perform on the 355 ?

I had European Stradale headers on my 355 and they visually looked almost the same as the stock headers on the 355.

19. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    My research and understanding of the situation is as follows... the US CS exhaust manifold in addition to having a pre-cat, also has provisions for a secondary air injection system that the vehicle is equipped with. The Euro CS exhaust manifold has neither. If you converted over to the Euro CS Manifold you would have to modify the ECU and to keep things clean, may as well ditch the whole Air Injection system while you're at it.

If you want a plug and play solution, Fabspeed header (with air rail) is the way to go.

20. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I had a custom exhaust from Gothspeed (he is on FChat) that allowed the Stradale headers to be used.

The system included free flow cats and an awesome muffler that did not use the bypass valve.

It passed strict Canadian emissions twice during my ownership and I did not have any ECU, Check Engine, or Slow Down light issues.

The thing I miss most of my 355 is that exhaust system, sound and the added power it provided.

Search the forum for Gothspeed and you will find plenty of information on it.

21. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Correct on the lack of air injection on the Euro CS header.

No need to modify ECU, just cap off the air injection pipe that is left behind in the engine compartment and be happy.

The secondary air is only activated when the car is cold, so for those of you in warm climates it will almost never even be activated.

22. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I will attempt to refrain from hijacking this thread any further. Back to the regular program of all things wonderful about the Stradale.

23. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Alright guys... I have a deal worked out for this car:

2004 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Costa Mesa, California | EuroCar Inc.

Don't let the 41k miles fool you... Over FaceTime this car is IMMACULATE and the photos show it. Looks like it has <10k miles.

Dealer is also doing timing belts, oil, and air filters as part of the deal.

Keep in mind the deal is not finalized but the car is secured, so don't go trying to buy it ;)

Assuming things go smoothly - I look forward to being in the Stradale fam! Will update in a few days.

24. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  25. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    From a UK perspective, it looks like the market has again moved forward on Stradales. Talk of one going for $350k recently. Have a look on Pistonheads for latest asking prices !!