New 456M GT for ME!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New 456M GT for ME!!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Martin Meade, Apr 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #51 ttforcefed, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    Ha!! It's a Ferrari... These and 355's were known to have valve guide issues. I bought the car at 21k miles and it was burning a quart of oil every 100 miles. I could wiggle the valves in the head with the valve springs still on. Poor quality valve guide material from the factory. Oh well. The window lift is another known issue. Poor materials again. Rear shocks are also known to go out. Very common. Sticky buttons etc etc. All the standard items. Once I have it fully sorted, the only thing that will keep causing issue is the shocks going out. Delta or someone has a fix for it I think, need to research that more. I now have a ABS/ASR issue where I get a wheel locking for no reason. It's intermittent so having fun with that. When you build a car from several different manufacturer's parts bins, things are bound to go wrong after a while.

3. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    Oh, and I figured out, by opening my eyeballs while in front of the data plate, my car is Pozzi not TDF blue!