Quick survey - Valet parking? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Quick survey - Valet parking?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mikeroch, Jun 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Funny story from a recent trip to a South Beach restaurant...an Aventador pulls up front, leaves the car running, opens the gullwing doors, hands the keys to the valet, walks in the restaurant. Valet tries for literally 10 minutes to get the car in gear...unsuccessfully. By this time a large crowd had gathered around the car. He finally goes inside to get the owner...who then moved the car forward 10 feet to the valet parking spot. I felt bad for the valet guy.

I don't have a Ferrari....but I never valet my Porsche or BMW. NOBODY will take care of your car like YOU.

2. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Only if I'm showing off to a girl otherwise... Hell no.. Lol Don't trust these peeps actually scratch that.. I'll still park it myself even if she has to walk 1000 yrds

3. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    Never, No Way, Absolutely Not.

But I will give a nice tip for them to let me park in front.

4. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I think it's a Scud, sort of, kind of like a 430

5. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    I take a cab or the train...rather drink wine.

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No. Only with my x5; never any of the sports cars. I once watched a valet stall my old a6 5 times then smoke the clutch and park it 3 feet away. That was the last time. Lol.

But a lot of valet places will let you park in front and take the keys. I tip the guys and thank them. Many places like having Ferraris in front of their establishment.

7. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Nope it's a 430 with some Scud bits.

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I haven't yet, I worry they won't understand how reverse works

9. corvettefever

corvettefever Rookie

Dec 31, 2013
    Seminole Florida
    Full Name:
    Bob Patrick
    When I make reservations I tell them I'm bringing a Ferrari, I request a "safe" parking space, and it's always in front. I park it myself, leave a good tip, and take the keys.

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #60 singletrack, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Went to a wedding once with valet. When I drove up, the guy just pointed to a spot up front and moved the cone out of the way. I think he had less interest in trying to park my car than I had in him trying.

I was at Il Mulino in Manhasset once and watched the valet parking one of the three 430s in the lot at the time. He was incredibly careful to make sure there was no chance of any contact. Took forever, and I didn't know a 430 could actually move that slow. I suspect the clutch lost about 60% of its life during that one park.